m&mf

Comments

• Hello everyone. I am new to Lusternia and I am using the m&mf thingie and this is what I get.... 

It does it when I do ndb

And I am also getting this too

It keeps doing it at the log in and I have to click the little bomb thingie to stop it.

• Vivessa said:
    Hello everyone. I am new to Lusternia and I am using the m&mf thingie and this is what I get.... 

It does it when I do ndb

It keeps doing it at the log in and I have to click the little bomb thingie to stop it.

For the 2nd error, type pp to pause the system, and then relog. If the system is turned on when you try to log in, it makes the login fail.

I've never seen the 1st.
  • Xanward said:
    Vivessa said:
    Hello everyone. I am new to Lusternia and I am using the m&mf thingie and this is what I get.... 

It does it when I do ndb

For the 2nd error, type pp to pause the system, and then relog. If the system is turned on when you try to log in, it makes the login fail.

I've never seen the 1st.
    Thanks. :)
  • The first issue seems to be due to the old, paid version of m&m being distributed with a folder called "<character name> m&m" but now it is just called "m&m". However, it is also looking for a file called ndb-help.lua which I can't seem to find.
  • I'm having an issue with healing slickness. It keeps smoking steam for me but why won't it just eat calamus? Steam is so expensive to use and I'm very new to Lusternia. Also, I cannot put up thirdeye on defenses unless I have the skill for it. Can't I just eat an herb for that too?
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Calamus doesn't work for slickness anymore, so you can eat it, but it won't cure it.
    I don't believe there is an herb that gives thirdeye

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • To follow up on before... I've fought some mobs that afflict similarly and everything seems to work now... except damaged limbs, even my own ones without using succor, ice is always applied
    beep
  • Vivessa said:
    I'm having an issue with healing slickness. It keeps smoking steam for me but why won't it just eat calamus? Steam is so expensive to use and I'm very new to Lusternia. Also, I cannot put up thirdeye on defenses unless I have the skill for it. Can't I just eat an herb for that too?

I just thought of something. People tell me to use cleanse and m&mf does have a cleanse toggle but it does not cleanse when needed. 
  • Usually, it won't use cleanse to remove slickness automatically, because it takes balance (and requires unprone). Cleanse for slickness is, basically, a last-resort for combat, due to the need to keep on balance for attacks and for running, and m&m doesn't do it automatically except in certain situations when nothing else can be used to cure slickness.

Theoretically, if you go into m&m's priorities and move the cleanse cure for slickness above the steam cure for slickness, it should then use cleanse before trying to use steam, and only use steam when it can't use cleanse.

mmshow prios I think, is the command to bring up your priorities to tweak them.

That'd only work in the aeon/sap/choke/retardation prios since everything cures one at a time. Outside of that, prios are set up separately and will run differently.

Lerad has the right of it though - you're better off using steam than cleansing. If you are insistent on cleansing, you can do 'mmignore slickness steam' which should only allow you to cure via cleanse, but as mentioned, cleanse has it's own strict set of requisites (bal/eq, not prone) where the only thing really stopping steam is asthma. 

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Oh okay! I understand and yeah using cleanse while trying to do other things would be very, very bad! I really appreciate the advice @Synkarin @Lerad I can work with the steam. :)
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Any idea how to fix the NDB issue?

(m&mf): ndb.honors() for Synkarin called, when already honours'ing Vadi - not going to do this.

(m&mf): You don't seem to have installed m&m as a package in the name of "Scuchidira m&m" - I can't find the ndb help file!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I'll try and chase down a fix for that if no one has when I have time.
    try doing 'ndb delete vadi'

then re-honours him

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Didn't do anything at all, still happens.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    ok try doing this

do 'lua ndb'

then search the output of that for a table that has 'Vadi' in it, or 'synkarin'

whatever the table name is do 'lua ndb.tablenamehere = {}'

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Headed to work, but I'll try when I get home.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited February 2016
    That is a problem with mudlet 2.1 random dropping connection to it's databases (possibly, it happens for me). A restart to mudlet should fix this problem if am right (I'm having it occasionally myself)

edit: if you look in 'debug' you see an error message (colored red/white) telling you that the ndb filehandle didn't exist, or something like that.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • I installed m&mf v6 fresh. I'd never really installed M&M5 before, had it downloaded which used some of the aliases and triggers and all, but dd not actually mm install. Now when I use the scent command to locate people in my area I get the following error with the people tracker.  

The problem was: "...e_000\\.config\\mudlet\\profiles\\m&m/Moondancer m&m/m&m:55989: attempt to 
    call field 'roomexists' (a nil value)"

Halp please and thanks!
  • Tristanna said:
    I installed m&mf v6 fresh. I'd never really installed M&M5 before, had it downloaded which used some of the aliases and triggers and all, but dd not actually mm install. Now when I use the scent command to locate people in my area I get the following error with the people tracker.  

The problem was: "...e_000\\.config\\mudlet\\profiles\\m&m/Moondancer m&m/m&m:55989: attempt to 

Halp please and thanks!
    Have you turned GMCP on in Mudlet?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Tridemon said:
    Tristanna said:
    I installed m&mf v6 fresh. I'd never really installed M&M5 before, had it downloaded which used some of the aliases and triggers and all, but dd not actually mm install. Now when I use the scent command to locate people in my area I get the following error with the people tracker.  

Halp please and thanks!
    Have you turned GMCP on in Mudlet?
    GMCP is enabled!
  • and when I try to set up basic defenses by clicking on the boxes...

Lua error:...e_000\.config\mudlet\profiles\m&m/Moondancer m&m/m&m:30451: nightsight isn't a defence 
    you can defup.Lua error:...e_000\.config\mudlet\profiles\m&m/Moondancer m&m/m&m:30451: thirdeye 
    isn't a defence you can defup.

I would try reinstalling it actually - seems like something didn't load right. Did you restart your profile after installing it?

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    I would try reinstalling it actually - seems like something didn't load right. Did you restart your profile after installing it?
    This was my thought too. But makes me sad since there are other things.
    I did restart the profile. But after taking some time to cool off and having a friend as me to check something, i went ahead and quit all the way out again and reopened. I'm able to set defenses now. But the Scent thing is still wrong. Looks like it might be a call to mapper information. 
  • Tristanna said:
    Synkarin said:
    This was my thought too. But makes me sad since there are other things.
    I did restart the profile. But after taking some time to cool off and having a friend as me to check something, i went ahead and quit all the way out again and reopened. I'm able to set defenses now. But the Scent thing is still wrong. Looks like it might be a call to mapper information. 
    I realized that other parts of mapper were not functioning properly. Uninstalled and reinstalled and it appears to have fixed that problem!  getting closer!
    Thanks for your help and support and patience while I was figuring it out!
  • Received this error after doing CRE Tylwyth:

Tylwyth is:
    Tylwyth currently has 5890 out of 5890 health.
    SEND HREF="affs info healthleech"cursed with the healthleech./SEND
    I think that's an error with MXP and not m&mf

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Is there a way to set up parrying and stancing? I didn't have it when I installed Mudlet, and now that I have some lessons I'd like to be able to do it so I can tank warriors for a longer time.
  • Synkarin said:
    I think that's an error with MXP and not m&mf
    Any way to fix this? Or just live with? :P