Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Enyalida said:
    It would still be concentrated among people who already have lots of resources to buy them off each other.
    There wouldn't be a point for these people to buy maps off if there's a limit to 10 maps per person, which is what the suggestion is.
    See you in Sapience.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Diminishing returns on multiple maps may have been the way to go. First X maps, same. Next Y, - 10%. Continue to whatever end value is desired.
  • edited March 2016
    Except putting these changes in now only disadvantages people who hadn't had the chance to get maps earlier and creates a divide. 
    (And devalues the worth of crates, meaning there'd be no drive for a Czigany Map crate promotion as you're cutting out the section of the playerbase who'd buy them most)
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Devalues, yes.  Makes worthless?  Unknown, since we don't know what the coin % is.  If it still generates coins at even a somewhat decent clip, they've still got value and people who are into that kind of thing would still buy them.

You're right that people who had them earlier got far larger rewards.  However, that is not a good argument: "Sorry, we can't fix something because we neglected to fix it earlier, even though it is generating waaay more than we thought it would."  It doesn't "only" disadvantage new people either, it also makes sure that the older ones don't keep making the gap wider and wider-- at least, at the same clip as was happening.  It's not like people with 50+ maps were saying "Hey, I got everything I need, I'm done."  I still saw them running around every day generating more.
  • It really pays to be an early adopter in Lusternia
  • pretty much the battle cry of the late adopter
  • Arix said:
    It really pays to be an early adopter in Lusternia
    Leprechaun pot.
  • If you have a song lyric as a motto or a warcry you're a bad person and should feel bad.
  • This change really feels like punishing those who have for those who do not
    Lavinya said:
    'I didn't get to abuse it as much as this guy, so it's not fair'

• Obvious alts are obvious
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Demartel said:
    Spending 3 hours trying to do research based advancement tasks for an Order.  This in itself is fine. What is not fine is half the things you need to find out there is no Order documentation(unless I completely missed something) for and when you scour the news for information all you get are posts saying "Ask the person who is virtually inactive and you have in fact never seen before, because they are the only person with the information you need."

If you want people to do tasks that require research... have written information of everything (help files, projects, booklets, pamphlets, denizens that will tell you everything in a beautifully detailed story) you are asking them so they can find it. People go inactive all the time at the drop of a hat. There needs to be a way to complete the tasks without reliance on that special snowflake who knows everything.

I have a character in the exact same position in the same order. Highly frustrating, and part of why I just haven't played her lately. 

• Which order?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Second time in as many days that I thought I logged out but really didn't and left poor Rancoura unattended. If anyone tried to talk to/interact with her to no avail, please accept my apologies!

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Lavinya said:
    Demartel said:
    Spending 3 hours trying to do research based advancement tasks for an Order.  This in itself is fine. What is not fine is half the things you need to find out there is no Order documentation(unless I completely missed something) for and when you scour the news for information all you get are posts saying "Ask the person who is virtually inactive and you have in fact never seen before, because they are the only person with the information you need."

If you want people to do tasks that require research... have written information of everything (help files, projects, booklets, pamphlets, denizens that will tell you everything in a beautifully detailed story) you are asking them so they can find it. People go inactive all the time at the drop of a hat. There needs to be a way to complete the tasks without reliance on that special snowflake who knows everything.

I have a character in the exact same position in the same order. Highly frustrating, and part of why I just haven't played her lately. 

It doesn't help you need to have a "mentor" from a pool of two. One of which like I said is for all intent and purpose inactive, the other is not inactive but darn close. I was actually very close to looking at other Orders with active members so advancing was possible. I got lucky with my entrance ritual happening earlier, but then looked at the next set of tasks and like I said spent 3 hours trying to find this information only to learn that 1 person knows it and I have never even seen this person around.

Sorry to hear that I am not alone in this situation. You seem like good people it would have been nice to have another active person around, heh.
  • I'm lucky Shedrin came back when he did or I would never have been able to advance due to not being able to find a "mentor" either.
  • Demartel said:
    Lavinya said:
    Demartel said:

It doesn't help you need to have a "mentor" from a pool of two. One of which like I said is for all intent and purpose inactive, the other is not inactive but darn close. I was actually very close to looking at other Orders with active members so advancing was possible. I got lucky with my entrance ritual happening earlier, but then looked at the next set of tasks and like I said spent 3 hours trying to find this information only to learn that 1 person knows it and I have never even seen this person around.

Sorry to hear that I am not alone in this situation. You seem like good people it would have been nice to have another active person around, heh.
    That sounds.. horrible. I have a hard time approaching people about stuff like this (Xenthos knows it) and I can't even imagine dealing with this.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Tylwyth said:
    Which order?

Lord Shaddus, of the Many Faces
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Currently sitting at lowest rank in Jadice's order because I need to offer esteem. But I have one figurine that's level 40, and I feel like I can't offer it until it's at an impressive number! But I hate influencing and grinding because I have the attention of a squirrel in this game. Dilemmas.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Sylandra said:
    Currently sitting at lowest rank in Jadice's order because I need to offer esteem. But I have one figurine that's level 40, and I feel like I can't offer it until it's at an impressive number! But I hate influencing and grinding because I have the attention of a squirrel in this game. Dilemmas.
    If you can't buy esteem or accumulate it fast enough for your tastes otherwise, I'm definitely an advocate of offering gold. It's kind of annoying since you can only offer up to 1000 at a time, but it's always there and always available. And I bet if more people offered gold more regularly, the admin will get annoyed by the spam and get the limit adjusted.
  • How much essence do you need to offer?
  • More breaking the walls pls. I wanna play with fire (and not get burnt).

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • I want to be a pyrochem :(
  • Vivet said:
    If you can't buy esteem or accumulate it fast enough for your tastes otherwise, I'm definitely an advocate of offering gold. It's kind of annoying since you can only offer up to 1000 at a time, but it's always there and always available.

How much essence does 1000 gold equal?

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• I got an entry absolve today
  • Gwenelle said:
    I got an entry absolve today
    Congrats!  :)  That's one of the best feelings ever.  Combination of SURPRISE AWESOME with a tinge of Nelson laugh.

• edited March 2016
    Having a unforseen manakiller walk in midfight is not anyone's favourite thing. It does feel good though, hee.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
This discussion has been closed.