- First, to accommodate my suggestions below, allow items to be sold for a credit price (unbound) in shops. I know that can be a bit iffy in some situations but credits can be transferred freely if they're unbound anyway. This would make it easier to sell very valuable items such as esteem or tonics or other expensive items. Idealy you could make it so an item has a credit and a gold price at the same time (ex: a packaged throne is around 30-70k gold, you could sell it for 1-2 credits instead). I know that's probably a little more complicated to implement than I think, but it would definitely allow for some additional ideas or uses.
- Allow completed curios to be sold in shops. Before we get into this, right now the only method to buy curios from people is to spam market with ads (which is super annoying) or use the ads function (which is really hard to upkeep and messy). If we could sell a completed curio in a shop, people could search for them very easily and they wouldn't have to go through hell to try to find them and trade them. If we could sell by credits, then someone could charge 50 credits for a completed curio or even put a gold price on it if they wanted.
- Allow curio pieces to be sold in shops. This is a bit more complicated than a completed curio because pieces have to be traded for pieces. But just think. You wouldn't have to paste your curio collection to another website to comb through the thousands of pieces players have to find that obnoxious ONE missing piece. You could just do WARES 3RD STRAND OF THAT DAMNED BEARD and you could just see if they had it waiting for you.
To accommodate the odd way we have to trade a curio piece, a shop could act more like a trading post. Where the owner puts in all their curio pieces they want to sell, a buyer who wants that piece will have their own piece they don't want, and they'll buy the shopkeepers piece by indicating which piece they want to trade for. Then the shopkeeper can tag on a gold/credit surcharge in addition to the trade to allow for the shopkeeper to make a profit. With how many curios are now in the game and how hard it is to find the pieces you want, I think this would be an awesome addition. And hopefully it would help our poor market channel to become something more than the 'curio ad' channel.
- Allow Ikons to be sold in shops. Right now Ikons are only really useful in gestalt battles (which aren't really popular), but otherwise they're pretty much forgotten. You can consume them for an influence xp boost though and some people like to collect certain sets, so selling them could be beneficial.
- Allow Tattooists to create temporary tattoos that can be sold in shops. I realize this is more about tattooist than a shopkeeper, but this is in line with the change they made for Artisan Packages. Tattoos is the only trade that has no use for shopkeeping. Tattooists are probably the most annoying trade to find and the most time consuming trade to keep and practice. It's so hard to even want to tattoo a 5 weight tattoo for someone because it's so time consuming. If a Tattooist could create a temporary tattoo that can be packaged and sold, a few problems could be solved:
1. Finding a tattooist won't be like the quest for the holy grail. You can just find a tattoo you want with the power you want in a shop and use it.
2. Tattoos are so permanent and hard to change. With all the artis that allow skillflexing, classflexing, and raceflexing, tattoos needs change. Trying to get a tattooist every time you change it's basically impossible. If there were temporary tattoos, the tattoos could last about 12 irl days and they could be washed off and replaced with different ones with different powers whenever pleased. I imagine it would be similar to the Artisan Packages, costing power to make and maybe even like a scroll or paper comm like a real temporary tattoo would require to apply.
*** Maybe this would be a better envoy item, but it's still nice to see what others think about it.
I don't care if I would have to buy a credit item to allow for these types of transactions. I just know they'd be extremely useful and make the overall player experience for things like curios and tattoos more enjoyable. Any additional ideas or critiques are welcome.