Most Embarassing Moments

CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
edited January 2016 in Common Grounds
I thought this thread would be funny.

To start out:

Nothing more humiliating than being forced to choke yourself by Narsrim and then dying to it + song passives + bard stuff. Easily top 10 most humiliating deaths in my career." -Shuyin

I have a many but the most memorable ones include:

Narsrim killing me above the Master Ravenwood in Etherglom. He literally ganked me at my own nexus. 
Losing demigod during a solo etherwilde raid. 
@Silvanus ganking me on ethereal and dying to crotamine. 

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    The time I took a zap kill from Isune at 99% Titan because I got pissed and told her she couldn't unenemy someone I enemied to her order.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited January 2016
    Was chasing Lekius around Hifarae as Shadowdancer champ. Got frustrated because he kept running around whenever I dropped shadows. Got so frustrated that I immediately choked him to try to keep him from moving but didn't pay any attention in my hubris to the fact that he started Bardoon before I choked him. Ended up dying to it because I was freaking out and didn't respond in time.

There's also the time when I kept trying to split up a group of Serens in Faethorn on my own, which I was usually successful at doing so in order pick them off individually. They had a combo down of stagstomp, pinleg w/sleep, among other things that lead to my death each time (at least seven) and I kept getting frustrated and going back to try to get it to work. (It eventually did)

I've learned to just tell myself to stfu when I get impatient or frustrated.

Edit: @Sylandra: That... was probably me. I tended to lurk around Serenwilde a lot as a Dreamweaver while eavesdropping and dreamtalking to people. People sometimes thought I was a God. There was a newbie who thought I was because someone said it was Nienla and they thought, because of my laurel scroll, that I was a divinity. (This was before the TIP that tells you about the artifact).
    At the height of the Wheel of Tzatziki, before it received some much needed nerfs, it took a level 83 Shaddus to demigod. With some lucky pulls and hours upon hours of spinning, I ended up omnitrans with every tradeskill, every tradeskill item, 18k leftover lessons, and a level 3 magic damage rune among other shinies. Then, due to some shenanigans in the Geomancers, I was replaced as Archmage. I was so pissed off, I spun him away (breaking the rules and giving his curios to alts, which I got punished heavily for) and vowed never to play him again. I ruined Shaddus because of some inconsequential bs that shouldn't have bothered me in the long run.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    @Nienla

I HAVE WONDERED THIS FOR YEARS!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited January 2016
    propose to @Eodh with sandals

I'm kidding

my most embarassing moment is any time Estarra comes to respond to an issue of mine x.x

• Sylandra said:
    @Nienla

I HAVE WONDERED THIS FOR YEARS!

The fact that Nienla subconsciously tormented your character on a mental level for years is slightly amusing to me and I don't mean that in a negative, demeaning way. She succeeded in tormenting and teasing the little Seren forestals and went for the LONG KILL. Night would be so proud.

Actually, I dreamspoke to little Serens all the time and just genuinely enjoyed it. It was one fun aspect of being a nuisance without exactly having to solo raid or force people to necessarily respond to me.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Oh, I was a Halli talking to a Seren in the Hallifax boardroom! Maybe it wasn't you?

Actually I've been MIA for awhile, haha, so less you tormented my character and more I wondered in passing sometimes, wonder who that dreamweaver dude was.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Mine was just a couple days ago.

Spend all types of effort to wrangle up a bunch of people for an aetherhunt. Get out to the places near the Void, get a shockwave down... And immediately get killed because I didn't want to wait to put down another.

All that effort goes to waste. Sigh...

• I don't know about *most* embarrassing, but first thing to come to mind was the time Kurama let me test meteor damage on him, and it killed him from full health >_>

Another time that comes to mind is the first and only time I played the vengeance arena game, I forget all the details, but Kelly (can't remember her new name, too lazy to look it up, shh) and I wound up winning because of a good argument that I came up with that involved another person being the vigilante, when I was the vigilante all along and didn't really know how the game worked. I thought everyone just got to kill random people during the night, and every now and then I killed people arbitrarily during the game to move things along.  :-?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited January 2016
    This one time, I disconnected and died to a grub (as a titan).

Another time I got locked in a manse and had to beg Raezon to save me (by flinging me to astral where I died).

And then there was the time Morgfyre had unveiled a new quest in His realm that I was leading the charge on, and I couldn't find this one guy we needed ANYWHERE, and so I was running around like crazy. Eventually I got this message: SOUTH YOU INTREPID EXPLORER. Turns out my external map was missing a room. Where the guy was the whole time. I spent 20 minutes looking for him. I was so embarrassed, so many people were following me from the disorder >_>

Oh and the time I was having a bitch about @Thalkros on an ooc clan but accidentally sent the scathing remark to the council advisory clan. Where he was (and a zillion others). It was hilarious but god my face was red. OOPS I LOVE YOU THALKY REALLY.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    God, the number of times I've CTd OOC opinions intended for CLT that are VASTLY different to IC ones...Probably one of my worst ones though was when one of my alts had a nice long chat with a new Patron and switched over the Patronship...without checking with the old one first. And was killed to death for it, with the new Patron in the room saying essentially. "Oh, dear. That was ill-advised."

Or the time that same alt was doing an RP ritual involving like, ALL of the city, and I screwed it up because I automatically hit enter after pasting the next bit.

Thankfully no Gods were actually listening at Isune's fulcrux during the False Gods events, because I was kneeling there floundering going "Okay, I know Sacrifice and Beauty, but what's the third tenet? OHELP? Oh crap. HELP ISUNE? Nothing useful either...uhhh, uhhh...Let's just keep going with the Beauty and Sacrifice then."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I've had tons of embarassing deaths. 

I got chasm'd twice by @Arcanis because I was being too clever for my own good rather than just shutting down his chasm. 

Lost wargames on silly mistakes like choking and getting chasmed.

It happens

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Last year, I was taking one of my occasional semi-breaks (being busy with real life for a couple of weeks and logging on only a couple of hours a day to do non-RP/admin stuff) and then one day I decided to end it. So I walked around Glom to familiarize myself, and found the redcaps trapped in traps. I freaked out and sent a lengthy IC prayer to Viravain (because no one else was online at the time, yay Oceania peak time) thinking it was Event.

Then I found it that I had logged in so late in the "event" that it was already over.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Tark joined Glom naked. Daem was SD GA at the time, cool talking to me about Glom and the like, then after was very royal irked about him having no clothes. That's what I get for making an alt and letting it sit for a year.

Autoealked to the Seren portals as Tark on another character's profile. Ate a death for that. Have autowalked into theirnnexus so many times it isn't funny.

• Tarkenton said:
    Tark joined Glom naked. Daem was SD GA at the time, cool talking to me about Glom and the like, then after was very royal irked about him having no clothes. That's what I get for making an alt and letting it sit for a year. 

Oo, that reminds me, the only statue of me that I know of was one in the middle of the aquamancer guildhall that was of me only wearing a shirt. That was around for however long statues last... :-??
  • not really mine but one that stands out to me as memorable. the time Munsia save Ollie from the goat..

this was shortly after the whole ordeal with our two families went down and Ollie was up on astral linking, overlinked and was about to die so Munsia, headed on up there to save him. Unfortunately for him, she tracked to him to save him and a goat came in, she killed him instead of the goat!

So.. technically she did save him from the goat! She was so embarrassed though she made that mistake XD we were all cracking up about it (except Ollie)
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I remember you doing that empress into catacombs trick to me when I was giving a newbie their planar tour on an old Seren alt, you bastard :P

I love that trick.
  • aww shucks, im forever a scarring moment to someone ^^.

1. Recent: Died to a maggot. A skilled maggot! But a maggot.

2. Got cocky when I saw a small-fighter pass out from hunger and started a chasm, didnt think they would use an old shadowdancer move unseen usually (and I didnt have highlighted :/). Only later realized Chasm had stopped, but was too late and got toaded.

3. Any time I ever fell for a Moondancer sleep/succumb strategy...

4. There was a flare, and we needed the big Mag ship; CoE, but it was on Elemental, so I tried to fly it to prime in order to then jump to the bubble...but I had no idea how fricken slow big ships were. It didnt help that elemental creatures spawned also slowed it down even more....so I gave up and left the ship floating out there somewhere. It took it around 20 mins or so until it exploded. I dont think @Arimisia would ever trust me with her ship again after that :P
    The time I talked smack to Eventru, and he sent a mob that was apparently a pack of rats, and it killed me in two hits.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    There was the whole accidentally forgetting about not supposed to be doing the hai'Gloh, which led to... well, a bunch of bad bad things.

Or the time I filed a bug for the Hifarae Hills quest because I didn't think to LOOK IN VASE, and was convinced that the quest was broken and unsolvable.

I'm sure there are plenty more, as I seem to vaguely remember a number of times where I was being guided by an NPC to do something and COMPLETELY missed the hints and clues.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited January 2016
    When I was a wee Magnagoran getting too big for my britches fighting random people, Talkan shouted an open challenge for a duel and I shouted back that I accepted. We dueled. I lost horribly. My first experience with inquisition. They all lol'd at me.

I used to dreamweave in Serenwilde until @Shuyin caught on. He would teleport to me in my hiding spots in Glomdoring and murder me in my sleep. I eventually stopped weaving. I'm pretty sure I sent him an angry tell or two about being a pinleg whore.