Most Embarassing Moments

Comments

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Oh I still remember my first death to the Inquisition. A spar versus Amaru. Obviously I lost.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Not sure if embarrassing or the greatest triumph in Lusternia ever but I won gm of the Harbingers with one vote.... The only vote and I didn't vote for myself. I was like default win.
  • edited January 2016
    I think everyone remembers that first time they were Inquisition'd. Or Choked. Or Crucisac'd. Or Toadcursed. Or so close to a kill and they just Trueheal.

You know, I have a lot of memories. I think being Inquisition'd is the only thing that has never happened to me. I'm fortunate to have played two classes that were pretty anti-Inquisition.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited January 2016
    Talkan and Narsrim used to lock me in rooms and inquisition me to remove my lichseed (back when it stripped it) then murder me.

Edit: Gosh griefing was so much more entertaining back in the day. (in hindsight only. At the time I wished them a dozen deaths my a million papercuts.)
  • edited January 2016
    Celina said:
    Talkan and Narsrim used to lock me in rooms and inquisition me to remove my lichseed (back when it stripped it) then murder me.

Talkan despised Choke and would usually refuse to fight me unless I was raiding Celestia. There was that whole episode awhile back when he got toadcursed during hai'Gloh. I don't remember many other Celestines other than him that were fighters. Aison and a young Azula were around, but they were in groups rather than solo fighters.

Narsrim was a Mag by the time I was around and was a Cacophony who would try to force Choke or force people to go to Catacombs or his torus room and then deathsong. Forced torus backfired once as I was intentionally trying to get him to force torus me as bait, he took the bait, Viynain sent me a wyrd censer and I grew a mushroom circle and then gave them to Viynain's mount. All of a sudden, a bunch of Gloms rolled in and occupied Narsrim's torus room for the next like... few hours. I think Narsrim was the only person that Glom went out of their way to troll in some shape or form.

Edit: Come to think of it, that might not be true. Glomdoring did a lot of shenanigans and hijinks that were convoluted and yet somehow got pulled off at times. Like when we somehow managed to kill the Supernals, DL's, and Moon Avatars in one night and yet simultaneously converted both the Supernals and Demon Lords and made them attack each other. I don't even know how we managed to pull that off. Alas, supermobs got buffed after we did it.
  • I think that was because someone sent the DL corpses to a Celest newbie, who got overly excited and just put the corpses in without thinking. I might be misremembering. That was the period I was least active, I think.

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    We inserted it ourselves using divine fire. The cities complained afterwards and it was subsequently changed to only letting org members do it.
  • Nienla said:
    Celina said:

Talkan despised Choke and would usually refuse to fight me unless I was raiding Celestia. There was that whole episode awhile back when he got toadcursed during hai'Gloh. I don't remember many other Celestines other than him that were fighters. Aison and a young Azula were around, but they were in groups rather than solo fighters.

Narsrim was a Mag by the time I was around and was a Cacophony who would try to force Choke or force people to go to Catacombs or his torus room and then deathsong. Forced torus backfired once as I was intentionally trying to get him to force torus me as bait, he took the bait, Viynain sent me a wyrd censer and I grew a mushroom circle and then gave them to Viynain's mount. All of a sudden, a bunch of Gloms rolled in and occupied Narsrim's torus room for the next like... few hours. I think Narsrim was the only person that Glom went out of their way to troll in some shape or form.

Edit: Come to think of it, that might not be true. Glomdoring did a lot of shenanigans and hijinks that were convoluted and yet somehow got pulled off at times. Like when we somehow managed to kill the Supernals, DL's, and Moon Avatars in one night and yet simultaneously converted both the Supernals and Demon Lords and made them attack each other. I don't even know how we managed to pull that off. Alas, supermobs got buffed after we did it.
    Damn. hai'Gloh. That event decimated my interest in Lusternia, but Glom pulled off some impressive moves. I haven't thought of that event in a long time.

Also Narsrim was the bane of existence for a lot of people.
  • edited January 2016
    The screaming and angst when Ashteru showed up and choaked at a supermob was fantastic.  

Weapons grade comedy. 

Edit: And the best part was Ashteru either acting (writing) like he didn't think it was a big deal. He was either being a total troll or legitimately bewildered by all the hate.  To this day I can't tell which. 
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Kaalak said:
    The screaming and angst when Ashteru showed up and choaked at a supermob was fantastic.  

Weapons grade comedy. 

Edit: And the best part was Ashteru either acting (writing) like he didn't think it was a big deal. He was either being a total troll or legitimately bewildered by all the hate.  To this day I can't tell which. 
    Rest assured, a little of both were involved.

• Vivet said:
    Kaalak said:

Weapons grade comedy. 

Rest assured, a little of both were involved.

Slightly off topic but I want to expand a bit.

That was the thing about Ashteru.   He seemed upfront (to me) like a solid just a dude guy with a bit of sarcasm.  But then much much later I find evidence he had this mile long deep streak of being savvy at deception, a instigator of jaw-dropping dramatic irony, and had the discipline to carry on personal projects for several months. 

The depth of his intelligence was hidden well behind a dudebro demeanor.  Also he knew how to quit when he was ahead. 

So I guess I didn't know him that well, but I certainly appreciate the time I had the opportunity to interact with him and I wish him many successes wherever the hell he is this new year.  
  • Lichseed is still stripped by inquisition.
  • I disconnected during my wedding. Twice.

• Eodh said:
    I disconnected during my wedding. Twice.
    Least you didn't disconnect during the honeymoon. Ohohoho
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I used to have an alias to lich <person> to grant lichseed. I admit to going red IRL the day I accidentally typed 'lick Aky'.

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Bugwise embarrassing was the moment I bugged a typo of the hand of a roc room at the entrance to mornhai not having a roc skeleton in the  room description despite the short mentioning it. Actual reading the description of the room carefully helps Aeldra.

Really embarrassing ones might come once I remember.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • This one time I said NMBG on ct Serenwilde.

suicide confirm
    qq forever
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    That time I messed up summoning Night for a prophecy by killing the baby too early after a nai'Dorin that so many Gloms had helped prepare for, and earning the actual 'WTF' emote from @Xenthos. :(

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Once, after getting a new eagle mount, I went to complete some quests, including killing the snow eagles in Snow Valley. A quick bash to 'kill eagle' and I criticaled my mount out from underneath me while flying.  It was a long, painful way down.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    @Lothringen ambushing into the pool of stars. Twice
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Oh God, just remembered the time one of my characters completed his first ever line for the epic just in time for an event that needed a prophecy. I completed the last beacon an immediately ran to the room above the Pool because I thought that's where prophecies happened. The prophecy got given to an empty room.
  • Earlier today, I tried to sketch something, got the syntax wrong and accidentally sent a line from the painting's description to a random person. I hate sending mistells....
    Luckily, it resulted in a little conversation about art :)
  • Zvoltz said:
    <other moments>

Once, another admin titled me as Fratboy Zvoltz when I first came back as an admin, and I forgot to change it back.

We all saw this one.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I don't know which admin it was, but I've had somewhere around 20 tells from the Oneiroi saying "Audit." Sometimes a few times in a row. I wonder if that person had to config nametells off too?  ;))

• Seeking more info on that Eph you guys murdered today for apparently world messaging value.
  • Drocilla said:
    I once dropped a player (you know who you are) into the Havens by accident when trying out syntax suggested by @Darvellan. Said player managed to acquisitio a divine stool before I whisked them away (and got our furniture back).

Oh, and most embarrassing of all, I once emoted my divine entrance as a possessed mob standing in the same room, rather than myself. Thank you to all who proceeded not to see it, I was headdesking so hard.
    The syntax was valid if it had been properly used, @Drocilla.  O:-) :ar!