Lusternia Wiki

Comments

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I don't think she was saying 'Curios may not be allowed I need to first check' it was more 'Check with me first if you want to add new stuff in case we can't do it'.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited January 2016
    So then, yes - new areas of the wiki require administrative permission*. Just having a yes/no on that would be great, the last page of the thread has made it pretty unclear.

*Or "Checking with administrators to see if it is allowed" which is the same thing. 
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Qistrel said:
    I don't think she was saying 'Curios may not be allowed I need to first check' it was more 'Check with me first if you want to add new stuff in case we can't do it'.

But then she used the exact same wording for curios, indicating that she herself needed to get permission for those. Hence the requests for clarification / utter confusion on our part.
  • I would like there be a section on lore. Rather than asking everyone to explain everything when you want to research something (Or trawling through events posts), it would be nice to have it all in one place. Citations also useful.
    But then there would be no point to my existence.

I think that is fine for public things (event posts), but there are some lore bits that are intended to explore and find in-game. Those "hidden" lore bits should only be given breadcrumbs at the most on the official wiki, so someone interested can go find it in the game itself.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    That's how I feel about -all- of the lore to be honest. For the more general stuff, we have help files and libraries and whatever else in game, and a huge portion of other lore comes out through questing - we have quest breadcrumbs already, and they're only going to be expanded on moving forward. I think that should do, tbh.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    Eritheyl said:
    That's how I feel about -all- of the lore to be honest. For the more general stuff, we have help files and libraries and whatever else in game, and a huge portion of other lore comes out through questing - we have quest breadcrumbs already, and they're only going to be expanded on moving forward. I think that should do, tbh.

Things like event posts could be categorized and related so that it is easier to find public "commonly known" things related to a specific topic. I don't care much about whether the quest lore has breadcrumbs (note that I said "at most"), but your post actually makes me like the idea for events posts more-- I read it and immediately thought about trying to find specific bits of information from the news. It is not that easy, and could be made more accessible. Because they are posts, too, they will never change (no need for corrections, only adding new ones).
  • I had thought that some lore would remain secret or 'special', but a good repository of events posts would be enough. Then the information could be easily accessible without having to ask people to read pages of events posts.
  • edited January 2016
    Whoa guys, chill. What I'm trying to reinforce is that our wiki is the official wiki maintained by Lusternia. The fact that it is written by our players does not detract from that fact. Its very main page states what it is and what it is not in regards to the information that it provides. 

A very in-depth list of all curios is one of those things that blurs the line between what the wiki defines as okay. That is why I said lets put a lid on it, get everything up to speed and then revisit curios after I check if we're good to go adding that particular information. Personally I'm all for it, always visited Xiel's wiki for cool stuff like that.

The reason why I said check with me for new additions is to prevent people wasting time writing up something awesome that ends up being not okay: such as a detailed walkthrough of quests or secret lore bits. Many people would no doubt like to see that but it is not something that will ever be okay. So what I said is a blanket statement - Chroniclers need only say "Hey I wanna add this brand new section we never did before, is that okay?". Expanding and updating what is already there falls outside of that.
    edited January 2016
    I need AB skilldumps for skills still. Some of these skillsets have been updated to the new templates, but the text might not be quite correct. I need the output of both AB <skillset> and each individually AB <skillset> <skill>. I'll edit this post and delete skillsets I get pastes of. 

Artisan, Bookbinding, Cooking, Spellcraft, Forging, Jewelry

Acrobatics, Astrology, Athletics, Harmonics, Dramaturgy, Aerochemantics, Aquamancy, Aquachemantics, Healing, Tracking, Phantasms, Nekotai, Ninjakari, Tahtetso, Loralaria, Shadowbeat, Wildarrane, Druidry (the crow parts), Wicca (Night fae), Wyrdenwood, Telepathy,  Aeonics, Necromancy,  Stealth, Tarot, Night

EDIT: Forum posts, messages, IG OOC messages, or wiki edits to paste links all work! 
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited January 2016
    I got a giant batch of abs, updated my post. 
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Suggestion: In the skill section for tailoring, list the name of each knot made by each skill. Something like An ivory shoulder knot with studded tassels-Paranoia buff.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    edited January 2016
    I wasn't aware they had long descriptions like that. That kinda sucks. 

EDIT: Yeah wow, I really really don't like that, it's awful. I'll add a list of them once I make one of each to see what they look like. 
    Oh thank goodness, they don't show in the clothing descriptions. 
    When for sale in shops, you can probe them to see what they do. But, it gets annoying probing every one trying to find a knot that they might not have for sale.

-flop-

It would be helpful if they worked like origami in shops, showing both the description and the effect. 
    Violet in colour, this shoulder knot consists of a loose braid of silk and is adorned with long 
    tassles. The knot exudes the pungent scent of musk. - The seduction knot. AHAHAHAHAHAH
  • Funnier is that the bright pink knots are divinus resists, which means al of mag goes around with bright pink sholder knots.
    That's why I'm glad they don't show on looking at the armor. My plan is to ignore their existance. 
  • Enyalida said:
    {snip}

EDIT: Forum posts, messages, IG OOC messages, or wiki edits to paste links all work! 
    Have you looked at Xiel site for any of this?
    I think he has the corrrect AB stuff for Wyrdenwood, since that really hasn't bee updated, for along time.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

Tylwyth said:
    Enyalida said:
    {snip}

Have you looked at Xiel site for any of this?
    I think he has the corrrect AB stuff for Wyrdenwood, since that really hasn't bee updated, for along time.

But things such as exact readouts for buffs and the like under the new system could have been, which is why it's best to get this direct from the game, rather than another third party.

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    FWIW: AB COOKING DEATH
    This is no longer lethal, it was changed when Crotamine was. It's literally just dosing someone with Crotamine. The AB does not reflect this, and I'm not sure how to make it do so, since the command is INFUSE <delicacy> WITH DEATH.
    Luce said:
    FWIW: AB COOKING DEATH
    This is no longer lethal, it was changed when Crotamine was. It's literally just dosing someone with Crotamine. The AB does not reflect this, and I'm not sure how to make it do so, since the command is INFUSE <delicacy> WITH DEATH.
    ABBUG that, maybe it will get tailored more to fit.

-

• @Drocilla would it be possible to add an archive of the guild scrolls for when guilds are eventually merged? Or would something like that be available through the main website?

This does not necessarily have to be a link on the main menu on the side.

Also, I sadly still cannot upload images to the wiki.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • Would a timeline be okay? Inspired by history discussions, it seems like something that'd be helpful for sorting out how everything pieces together and the like.

It's the year 1185 in imperial right now, for example. The nature wars happened before the taint wars, there's a roughly two hundred year period in which the Seren Civil war could have occurred so the Serenguard are around 500-600 years old.

That's just Seren stuff of course, there's obviously more bits and pieces that would come together over time. Both as history releases are done as well as events occur.
  • Belatedly but:

@Sylvanas Once we phase Guilds to Factions, we'll work out the details of how to preserve all the wonderful things people have written/created. Wiki is one option but there's more. Lets shelve that for now as the factions are not happening that soon yet.

@Saran Timeline sounds nice. One of the chief concerns is for the wiki not to replace research IG so aim would be not to include every event but there's plenty enough out there that it's worth considering. We could start with pre-modern stuff and for newer things, down the line, we could link to relevant event posts from here.
  • edited May 2016
    I haven't read through this, but could we please get something on all the teas/tonics/beers/foods if it hasn't been added/suggested already. 

That would be awesome sauce. Cheers. :)

Edit : And the scrolls would be awesome too.