Great Houses & Losing All Honour

Comments

• Because someone could suicide and join a family over and over with a lot of characters, not breaking HELP SECONDS, and that takes away the honor you got from that person joining.
  • Losing honour for heartstops would cause so much uproar on the combatants who refuse to die to others.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Marcella said:
    Because someone could suicide and join a family over and over with a lot of characters, not breaking HELP SECONDS, and that takes away the honor you got from that person joining.
    I'm fairly certain this sounds like something that could be Issued, as the person is clearly abusing characters/alts.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • how exactly would you know that though
    If a lot of characters suddenly started joining the family and then quitting afterward, I'd be suspicious.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• Without being biased or invested in any family whatsoever, doesn't honour loss from suicides make it so family members are more keen on continuously engaging each other in positive interactions, rather "now that I've adopted you I no longer care what you do"?
    See you in Sapience.
  • Twytch said:
    Without being biased or invested in any family whatsoever, doesn't honour loss from suicides make it so family members are more keen on continuously engaging each other in positive interactions, rather "now that I've adopted you I no longer care what you do"?
    While most of this is true, most people would just go inactive rather than suicide. How many times have you just stopped logging into an account for a game you don't bother playing anymore rather than close the account altogether?
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Naime hasn't been around in forever, and now she just logged in and suicided randomly

Seems odd really

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited January 2016
    Hi, I'm the player of Naime.

I retired/suicided characters that I have no interest/no plan on playing anymore, I asked Ayisdra before hand if suicide hurt family honour and he said he couldn't remember but didn't think it did.

I'm really not sure why suiciding characters affects honours though, that shouldn't be a thing.

Slight derail: Does retiring do anything to family honour?

EDIT: Don't worry a total of....4? characters were played seriously enough to get families (And two of those I've kept one of those retired), I'm not going to tank your honours.
  • Chirbo said:
    Hi, I'm the player of Naime.

I retired/suicided characters that I have no interest/no plan on playing anymore, I asked Ayisdra before hand if suicide hurt family honour and he said he couldn't remember but didn't think it did.

I'm really not sure why suiciding characters affects honours though, that shouldn't be a thing.

Slight derail: Does retiring do anything to family honour?

EDIT: Don't worry a total of....4? characters were played seriously enough to get families (And two of those I've kept one of those retired), I'm not going to tank your honours.

I knew suicide made the character inactive but didn't think there were any honour hits.

I looked at the logs and saw we will still head of the Nightshades as before by what appeared to be the same amount after the fact when you asked me, as such, I said I didn't notice anything. But it seems the honour hit came in the upkeep (which I didn't even think about checking), unless I'm blind in what the honour numbers were before.

But yeah, suicideing a character shouldn't be doing anything to honour.
  • How does the honour loss to suiciding compare to to the honour loss for rejecting the family?
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    -shakefist Chirbo- 

It's hard to say how hard it was, but it negated 60% of our work for the year to not lose honour. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Wait, what? You can be gaining honour all year, and one slip in honour zeroes you out completely?

• Yes, and it's not pro-rated depending on how late in the year it is (at least it doesn't appear to be), so if you lose honor at the end of the year, you're in a can't-win situation, no matter how hard you work.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    What the hell...

• edited January 2016
    :\
  • Chirbo said:
    Just more fuel for my Celestian hate-fire.

Also just to clarify, I'm not bitching for an immediate change. I'm just bitching cause I'm annoyed by the probable double-tap, and I stayed up way too late bashing.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Talan said:
    Chirbo said:
    Just more fuel for my Celestian hate-fire.

Also just to clarify, I'm not bitching for an immediate change. I'm just bitching cause I'm annoyed by the probable double-tap, and I stayed up way too late bashing.

It's a bitch. I've been in the same position trying desperately to make up the massive malus from people renouncing. (Like the other Chirbo alt that was inactive and only came back to renounce then disappeared again forever. )

• edited January 2016
    I hope you guys know I didn't screw Ysav'rai over on purpose I'm sorry okay. 

Moderator Note: Edited for profanity.
  • Also seriously? Flagging me for that? But you agree with Tarkenton?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    He was being facetious, but you've got a track record of being pretty flippant/dismissive of other people in various ways or trying to be edgy. Whether you meant to screw various families over or not, you did take actions that had lasting effects.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    It's internet karma points, no one really cares if you make a mistake. Shit happens.

Accept it in a classy manner, regardless of what you receive, and move on.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Shaddus said:
    He was being facetious, but you've got a track record of being pretty flippant/dismissive of other people in various ways or trying to be edgy. Whether you meant to screw various families over or not, you did take actions that had lasting effects.
    Really doubt it
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I was being facetious. Hence chirrens, talking like a fine, southern gentleman like Ray from Archer. Sorry if you didn't take it that way bro.
  • It's alright I'm toxic, I know, you're fine.
  • edited January 2016
    Talan said:
    Yes, and it's not pro-rated depending on how late in the year it is (at least it doesn't appear to be), so if you lose honor at the end of the year, you're in a can't-win situation, no matter how hard you work.

and one more reason why the family system is EXTREMELY FLAWED and needs a -major- overhaul! 

any way to start a petition for this? haha
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    There are a lot of things that need attention now that the overhaul is mostly done (it has taken a lot of resources for a long time). I don't think a full overhaul is on the table any time soon. A few small tweaks would go a long way though. Ieptix already said he was looking at this particular issue when he has a few moments. I am hoping that @Estarra will take my artifact idea to allow families to grow even with inactive spouses (essentially: if your spouse is unranked, you can buy a one-use artifact that lets you start the adoption as if your spouse consented). Helps for those situations where the spouse is the one who married into the family, so divorcing would only make the problem worse (not better). It would also be a relatively easy modification I think, vs. what a full overhaul would entail.