One Night Ultimate Werewolf rd 4 - Town Wins

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Well, if it's one day, lets get everything out in the open.

I agree with Daraius on everything he's said so far, the Robber and Troublemaker should be speaking up.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Okay so. My understanding is that all the information we each have now is all we're going to get. We need to play this day phase like it's our last, because it is. . Staying quiet and not exchanging information is how Team Wolf and co. are gonna win.

Allow me to put my money where my mouth is. I'm a plain Jane vanilla villager, which is a total bummer because this is my first ever forum mafia game (or variant thereof) and I wanted to be sneaky and stuff! I have no powers and no information to share at all, which is why I want to push the rest of the good guys to speak up. I want us to win, but I can't help make that happen with my vote unless you guys help a sister out.

So let's do this.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Well I too am slightly confused by this, but I can at least note that I did not get my role switched (or I got my role switched twice back to normal).
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    By my understanding that makes Silvanus the Insomniac, since that's the only role that wakes up after any potential swaps. Or an Insomniac that woke up and saw he is now a wolf. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    @Luce I don't know if this is kosher to ask so I'll take my answer off the air if need be, but are win conditions based on original roles or post-swap roles? That is, if a werewolf is swapped with a townie, and thinking he's still a werewolf, successfully convinces the town to lynch one of their own, does he win or lose?
    I used to make cakes.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Wins are based on post-swap roles. Night actions are based on pre-swap.
    Oh man, so we really need to know what the Robber and Troublemaker were up to! Spill it, y'all. You Miley be criminals but at least you're humans. We need you to win!
    I used to make cakes.

You *might be criminals* is what I meant to say. :/
    I used to make cakes.

• I think, as my understanding goes, you don't know what role you may still have unless you are the Insomniac. I am assuming still that I am who I believe I am, and that no switch has been made regarding my role. My job is to bag those wolves, however many there are, and I intend to do so.

It's been over a year since I've played this game and we didn't play very much so I may be misremembering. 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Adding that rule to the top of the first post. No takes-backsies (Edits) Thanks for reminding me.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    At work but curious about something. How certain are we those roles are even in play? Aren't there some roles that sometimes get included and sometimes don't?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Why do we  need to know the troublemaker/robber roles up front? It literally tells us nothing useful right now. 
  • Sylandra said:
    At work but curious about something. How certain are we those roles are even in play? Aren't there some roles that sometimes get included and sometimes don't?
    Only the Insomniac would really be certain from my understanding. You could very well have been changed to a wolf or any other role, any one could have been switched around, or nobody could have, etc. 

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

Soooo we are stumbling blindly? I need to Google fu this when I get home. o.O
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Why do we  need to know the troublemaker/robber roles up front? It literally tells us nothing useful right now. 

For one, because there's no "later" in this game. The information comes out now, or it doesn't, and either way we vote when 24 hours are up. For two, it tells us everything useful, including the possibility that our win conditions have changed. That is, if we believe their testimony. @Sylandra three roles are unused. There's a possibility that none of us is a Robber or Troublemaker, and if the Seer chose to peek at the unused roles, he or she might be able to confirm that. I don't think it's smart for the Seer to speak up first, though.
    I used to make cakes.

Sylandra said:
    Soooo we are stumbling blindly? I need to Google fu this when I get home. o.O

Yep, only two people can have 100% certainty about any roles at all, and that's Luce and Silvanus. :))
    I used to make cakes.

• It also tells the mafia if their win conditions switched. It's a net nothing, I am going to suggest they stay quiet unless someone pipes up with a reveal and then the swap/rob info becomes valuable. 
  • Three of those roles aren't in the game. It could very well be that both of the role-swap abilities (Robber and Troublemaker) weren't picked at all, and we're all sitting around waiting for nothing.

Vaguely suspicious of Cen just based on probability, but nobody's stepping up to claim the other vanilla slot.
    This is wild y'all.
    Daraius said:
    It also tells the mafia if their win conditions switched. It's a net nothing, I am going to suggest they stay quiet unless someone pipes up with a reveal and then the swap/rob info becomes valuable. 

is a mafia still a mafia if their win condition switched??
    Daraius said:
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Yes I am the insomniac. I don't see how holding your role private can be helpful, this only lasts for one night and the werewolves are not going to kill anyone.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    It also tells the mafia if their win conditions switched. It's a net nothing, I am going to suggest they stay quiet unless someone pipes up with a reveal and then the swap/rob info becomes valuable. 

I'd kind of like for a former werewolf to know they may have been switched to town. Doesn't seem like net nothing to me.
    I used to make cakes.

• Oh, I suppose that's true. Switching town to mafia is net nothing because the townie won't know they are mafia now, but switching mafia to town means they know they are town by virtue of already knowing who the mafia is.

Alright, I'm the troublemaker. I switched Thul and Faalmis. I wanted to grief the North on the forums too.
    Celina a troublemaker?! On these forums?! Audible gasps. (Jk jk)
    Daraius said:
  • Gasp! That Troublemaker! 

If it wasn't obvious from one of my previous posts, I'm the Hunter. Die wolfies die.

• FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    Well ok. I started the night as the tanner so I would advise against lynching Thul.
  • I have the card game of this but alas, have not yet been able to play it.  Can't believe I missed out on the forum game!  Fml.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    And @Ellowyn is now #2 for the next round!
  • Yay!  Thanks @Luce :)
  • ...goddamn it. Um. Lynch me now? I guess.

...yeah, I frigging lose.