One Night Ultimate Werewolf rd 4 - Town Wins

Comments

• FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    Is it possible that there is only one werewolf or no werewolves at all?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    It is possible that one or both werewolves are among the unused roles! In fact I'm feeling kind of dumb for not using my Seer powers on the unused roles, since that gives a little more information than peeking at a player.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    @Luce, in cases where both werewolves are unused, does town win as long as they don't kill the tanner, or do we have to kill no one?
    I used to make cakes.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Pretty sure it's not possible to go without killing. If I'm reading the rules right.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    He said if everyone votes for a different person, no one does, so that would take some serious coordination (and no backstabbing!) before time's up.
    I used to make cakes.

If everyone votes for a different person no one DIES gosh darnit.
    I used to make cakes.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    It's hard to break out of the mindset! I'm vanilla townie.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Mechanically, if you decide to do it that way, just decide to collectively either vote up or down and everyone votes in that direction on the list. In a live game, that would end up being left or right.
    Paging @Synkarin
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • What Daraius just said about mindsets is dead on. We need to get everything out and do our best to figure out who is what.

I was totally hoping the Seer peeked at unused roles! Would give us a chance to catch out any false role claims, which is why I agree Seer should speak up later in the day; let everyone make a claim before they know which roles are off the table.

I'm really hoping I'm still villager and didn't get robbed/swapped/whatever, but I think the idea with this game is that we just do our best with iur original roles and laugh if it turns out we were actually on the other team.

So far, based on everyone's claims (any of which could be false, which is why roles like Mason and stuff are useful)...

1. Thul is now tanner.
    2. Daraius is Seer.
    3. Cyndarin is troublemaker.
    4. Synkarin WAS robber but has since taken a new role.
    5. Cen is villager.
    6. Lavinya is villager.

That's a decent number of plauers accounted for! Two things I really want to know now. What role did Falmiis get from Thul (we need to hear this from @Thul so I'm tagging) and who did Synkarin rob? Be mindful that he may have taken a badguy role and therefore has good motive to stay quiet.

All right, well I've got to get some sleep, but before I sign off here's how things went down in the night phase, assuming everyone's been truthful.

Unconfirmed Werewolves acknowledged each other.
    Unconfirmed Minion determined who the Werewolves are.
    Unconfirmed Masons acknowledged each other.
    Daraius (Seer), examined @Synkarin's role (Robber)
    Synkarin (Robber) switched roles with someone else.
    @CyndarinAscends swapped @Falmiis (Tanner) with @Thul (unknown)
    @Silvanus peeked at his own role to see that he was still an Insomniac.

Since then,

@Cen has claimed vanilla Villager
    @Dylara has claimed Hunter (which I'm given to understand is an odd claim to make early, especially for a supposedly experienced player)
    @Falmiis claimed Tanner, but was roleswapped with Thul.

That leaves @Sylandra and @Lavinya as the ones who have given us absolutely nothing to work with.
    I used to make cakes.

Oh, I got ninja'd.
    I used to make cakes.

Daraius said:
    Well bb, two vanilla town roles have been claimed, so it's time you either dispute one of them or claim something else. :P
    I used to make cakes.

God, I'm finally beginning to understand the mafia addiction. The nice thing is nobody gets lynched until the end, so see y'all in eight hours. @-)
    I used to make cakes.

I'm waiting.
    Daraius said:
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Ok

I have no idea what's going on. I'm not the Robber.

I'm a Mason, supposedly with @Daraius, who seems to have this idea that he's now the Seer? 

Seems like he got switcheroo'd

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Before I say anything I need confirmation on this. If someone robs you, they take your role and you become essentially vanilla town, right?
    Daraius said:
    @Luce plz
    Daraius said:
    Okay I read the rules online and that sounds about right and this is the only possible explanation I can think of for all this nonsense so I'm going to go for it, we'll give it a shot, it might blow up in my face but OH WELL.

I've been posting nonsense and acting derpy because I pulled Tanner* at the start of the night. JESTER, I ART THOU. Or was. Bear with me here.

(*Yes this means that @Falmiis is a dirty dirty liar pants on fire and likely a werewolf, or was a werewolf. My working theory is that Falmiis and Thul were both werewolves and are trying to cover each other's butts.)

I believe that @Daraius is the Seer. So ergo I also believe his claim that @Synkarin is the robber. Synkarin is also a sane person and a decent mafia player and he realizes that claiming mason is really incredibly stupid with someone who so obviously is an investigative role. Synkarin is not stupid.

Which means to me, frankly, Synkarin robbed me last night. So Synkarin is now the Tanner. It's the only explanation for that nonsensical post and his unwillingness to share who he robbed. It's like he's asking to get lynched. So I'm assuming that's precisely what he's doing.

I'm doing all this banking on that the above theory is right because otherwise there goes my win condition but it feels really really true to me so I'm doing it. CARDS ALL IN. I'm pretty much 99.99% sure I became townie last night thanks to being robbed so hey. #YOLO. High risk high reward etc.

(How's that for contribution, bb?)
    Daraius said:
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Wait, so you were originally the tanner and Falmiis was lying?

I will admit I suspected that Falmiis/Thul claim seemed far too convenient for the moment, but having a counter-claim is what i actually expected to happen. It is simply far too convenient to claim sooner rather than later.

However, I don't believe either of you. The only person I am willing to believe for now is Celina. There is far too much going on to stake our claim to one side or the other. The more dialogue that happens between Sylandra and the Flamiis/Thul team the better.One of them is lying.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Look, if I was the Robber, I would own up to it in a heartbeat, (unless I got a werewolf)

Which I'm not and I didn't. 

There's certainly some lying going on. Is the point to jsut sow and cause as much confusion as possible, even if you're a good guy?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    YEP. And if you're the tanner you LOVE to have someone claim tanner because it means less heat on you. So I didn't contest it because it worked out for me.

Until Synkarin posted his babbling crappy nonsense which made it evident to me he was trying to play a losing game, just like I was. I'll admit I considered the same ploy of "I'm Mason with X person" to make people confused. I even considered saying I was Masons with Daraius. It's easy to catch someone doing exactly what it is you're trying to do.
    Daraius said:
    But you know what? I might very well be wrong. Maybe Daraius is the one lying. In which case he can sit his furry butt on the e-couch from now on.
    Daraius said:
    Synkarin said:
    Look, if I was the Robber, I would own up to it in a heartbeat, (unless I got a werewolf)

Which I'm not and I didn't. 

There's certainly some lying going on. Is the point to jsut sow and cause as much confusion as possible, even if you're a good guy?
    Right ok so you're Masons with the Seer. And I'm going to be 2017's TA.
    Daraius said:
    Daraius said:
  • Awesome, Sylandra! Sounds like you're on the money to me. Care to explain yourself, @Falmiis?
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    I have no idea what Sylandra is talking about because I was definitely the Tanner when I started the night.

My guess is that she is the Minion and decided to throw herself out there in hopes of getting either me, who is now whatever Thul was before Celina swapped us, or herself, lynched. Either way, she wins with the werewolves.
    @Synkarin, a little table talk between townies here. The point is not to sow discord, but to eke out information from everyone, wolves and villagers. For instance, anyone can claim to be the Troublemaker and reveal who he or she switched, and the responses to that claim would be telling. Even better if the person making the false Troublemaker claim has some additional information about what roles are in play. Consider an Insomniac who wakes up to find he's now a Robber. He claims Troublemaker, knows that any counter claim is probably going to be from the real Troublemaker, and can then have the former Robber vouch for his originally-Insomniac status. Getting caught in a lie doesn't make you a bad guy in this game.

That said, I don't believe @Sylandra for a second. First, Thul's "kill me I'm the Tanner" act would be a good strategy for a wolf trying to avoid lynching, but frankly I don't believe he and @Falmiis are in cahoots. Not to say they aren't bright, but it's too good a story for them to have come up with right on the heels of CyndarinAscends's (wait are we just saying Celina instead?) reveal. So I believe Falmiis's Tanner claim. Second, the leap from "Synkarin isn't stupid" to "Synkarin robbed me" doesn't make a lick of sense to me. Maybe I'm misunderstanding her, but I don't see any logical connective tissue between those ideas. And like I said earlier, nobody in this game can be 100% sure (or even 99.99% sure) about anything, so Sylandra's conviction in her theory seems overblown. @Cen's willingness to hop right on board with her makes her suspicious as well.
    I used to make cakes.