the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Krackenor, I don't have night powers. You're asking me to explain a lack of a kill when I have no means of doing so, and can't tell who else has killing powers besides Portius. How am I supposed to provide an explanation?
  • Vivet said:
    Dylara said:
    I've been pretty grumpy about the autopsy bit myself but it's the hand I've been dealt in this game. Do you guys want me to do lehki tonight or would you guys prefer whoever is lynched today?

I'm not really sure on who to vote for or who rubs me the wrong est right now, I've been pretty distracted by real life events so sorry I haven't been super chatty today.
    I don't think "who" matters so much as that the report is posted by Alec again, if you can arrange for it.

Will do.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Vivet said:
    Krackenor, I don't have night powers. You're asking me to explain a lack of a kill when I have no means of doing so, and can't tell who else has killing powers besides Portius. How am I supposed to provide an explanation?
    Admittedly, the fact that claiming to be powerless means that you would need to prove a negative complicates matters in this particular situation.

That being said, I genuinely do believe that we have more to gain from lynching you than we do from letting you live. If you flip friendly, then we can take all that you have said into deeper consideration without the lingering doubts of your trustworthiness. If you flip scummy, then we can ignore your theories and possibly take a look at those who have been supporting you. If you flip nebulously...well, I doubt we can get any more confused than we already are, so we keep marching on.
    Yeah, that's a fair enough assessment. In fact, the more I keep talking, the greater the stake becomes in just what information my role reveal provides. Which has helped somewhat in powering my relentlessness.
  • Uh. Feel better soon, @Tremula. Eek.

Meanwhile... I'm gonna go ahead and Unvote, Vote: Vivet. A number of these theories have been just Ushaara-worthy, and I'm at the point where I'm willing to gamble on her being the one. And that we have another day after to handle things. >_> Hooray cults. You don't just have to lynch scum, you have to lynch the exact one.

I really hope Dylara doesn't have to burn an autopsy to get anything useful out of this.

Which will bring me to the last point of interest before I retire for a time

@Phoebus

I'm betting you thought when I referred to this as "the greatest game of chicken", it was directed towards you specifically.

In some ways, it was.

But truthfully, I don't know how my alignment will reveal if I die. They don't either, I think.

I've had time to sit around and try to puzzle things out, and all this silence, all this uncertainty, all this sense of people circling me uneasily...

They don't know if it's a good idea to let you do this. If my reveal might help to damn them all with how much I've been talking. This is why no one's joining you.

Best of all, they can't convene to discuss it in private, either. They each will need to make the call on their own.

Mmm.

One thing's for sure, though. I'm a colossal asshole, aren't I?

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    How I imagine @Vivet atm:

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I hope Dylara can get Trem to post the next autopsy instead of doing it herself. If not, I think we need to seriously consider a lynch.

I really really really want to believe that Vivet isn't just talking out her bum right now, because I feel like we need all the help we can get. To me, her posts have been a messed-up combination of believable and nonsensical. Krackenor pretty much said what I was thinking.  I think our best move right now is to just lynch her and see if she flips town. If yes, we can examine all her posts more closely. If no, we can dismiss it all as scum-fueled BS.

I don't know what my availability will be like for the next two days, so I'm just going to go ahead and Vote: Vivet. If anyone has questions for me, please make sure you tag me so I have a better chance of getting to it!

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    @Vivet I would completely buy a godfather as an option if we weren't dealing with a cult leader. Godfather on normal mafia is fine. Godfather cultist recruiter is waaaaay stronger. It's not out of the question. But if we do have an investigation immune recruiter, then gg cult. Well played.

VOTE VIVET to see how you flip and maybe get lucky.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I'm turning into Rolsand here. Sorry for my senility.

@Dylara I would prioritize a Vivet autopsy if possible, assuming the flip doesn't confirm or deny any post restrictions.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Agreed, we need a death for Dylara to assess and-- hopefully-- prove their role. Otherwise they're on my suspicious list.

Vivet, your list of "solid suspects" included Melali and Cyndarin, a jailor and a third-party; I'm not inclined to think much of your ramblings. Let's see how you flip.

Vote: Vivet
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Sure, let's Vote Vivet. She's our best suspicion.
  • I feel like this is going to kill me or Melali. Vote: Vivet
  • Vote Vivet

Since this seems to be where we're going.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• I think that's lynch and then some.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances

He's so ready for his time to shine, since I won't let him actually shine this game.
    Ah, and so it comes to a close.

No regrets. I'd do it all over again if given the chance.

Thanks for being so patient and putting up with me.

This... will be a glorious end.

• I think we need some appropriate theme music here. Lemme just... there we go.

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Oh, come to think of it, I believe I do have one final bit of fun for you all.

What pokéball did I pick, again? And in conjunction to that... which pokémon did I end up with, and what has been my part to play?

Suuuuuure Tremula. It was all randomised. Suuuuuuure.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    The sun's weak rays attempt to reach you through the downpour that has soaked each of you to the bone, save Sylandra underneath her umbrella, but the light to see by comes from small bulbs inset into every other post on the railing that bathe you all in harsh, cold light. 

As Vivet sings to herself about being the bad guy and struts about like a popinjay, the only one not staring directly at her is Phoebus. No, the woman is still hunched over on her knees, staring at her hands. Underneath the shelter of her arched back, they have yet to meet the rain's cleansing effect, and Ssaliss' blood still drips from her fingers. 

"I couldn't save him," she whispers almost inaudibly as Vivet's song ends and she stands there splayed in a villainesque pose, dramatic flair having been her weapon of choice. She stands up slowly, and though the rain manages to wash the excess from her hands they are still stained a deep crimson. "But if you're such a bad guy, then I can save the rest of us."

She turns around as lightning flashes overhead, painting the scene in stark black and white. Fear is in Vivet's eyes as she turns towards Phoebus, her body beginning to flex into a defencive stance. Members of the crowd are hurrying to step back, and even Alec seems a little disturbed.

All by Phoebus, whose pink hair has lost all sense of height and volume, plastered over half of her face in a jagged line. Her pupil is dilated to an extreme, made more noticeable by the fact that she does not glare. Her eye is wide open and were a stranger to comment, it would appear as though she were shocked or frightened. Her mouth, though, is split into an eery grin that is all teeth.

The scene fades and a pokeball appears in Phoebus' hand, splitting apart momentarily to send a beam of light onto the deck near Phoebus' foot. It grows and blossoms until it retreats back into its ball with a hulking Lunatone floating in its place. 

"What're you going to do?" Vivet has seemingly recovered from her fright, hunching low to the ground and balling her hands into fists. "It's about to be Night, and if any one of you is correct about me, then why should I be killable at Ni--"

She is cut off by Phoebus' shoe smacking into her face, sending her sprawling to the deck in a daze. "There's a lot of physical conditioning that goes into my line of work," Phoebus' voice fluctuates as she speaks, cracking between three different octaves. "Ever had to hold up a Blissey so you could treat a wound on its back? Or carry an unconscious Munchlax?" As Vivet spits out blood and saliva onto the deck Phoebus' rises and stomps in a slow, deliberate movement. 

Vivet's head meets with the deck again, and a shard of tooth spins out of her mouth. Her head barely has time to rest on the deck before Phoebus stomps again, and again, and again, each time letting the other woman's head bounce a little higher before slamming her heel into it again.

"You, you're unnatural. I've not liked you since you came back, and been fascinated at the same time." She beckons and Lunatone begins to float closer. "You know what else has always fascinated me?" She pauses for a moment as if expecting an answer before clutching her stomach and giggling, bending over in her mirth.

"Physics!" She announces, raising her arms to the heavens with the revelation. "Did you know that the average Lunatone weighs three hundred and seventy pounds?" She pats the Pokemon floating at her side, a hint of pride in her voice as she continues, "Mine weighed in at four hundred and thirty eight. But funnily enough, a toddler could move a Lunatone or Solrock, because of their unique ability to levitate."

She grasps at the bottom tip of Lunatone's crescent body. "And since they're made of rock, it's nearly impossible for them to feel pain from crashing into...let's say..." A feral grin splits her lips, and another flash of lightning paints her face in black and white as she says, "Bone."

She spins Lunatone backwards and presses one palm into the curve of its body, holding on to the other to send the Pokemon flying in an overhand arc to slam into both of Vivet's legs and the deck, chunks of splintered wood flying in all directions as the other woman cries out in agony.

Not phased in the slightest, Lunatone floats back up, revealing the mangled mess that was once a pair of legs attached to Vivet's body. Sutures split, allowing muscle, bone, and flesh to lay out as if someone were eating a particularly messy plate of noodles, the few muscles still attached by a skeletal system of nerves to her body spasming constantly. Shards of bone have pierced some, and a particularly meaty chunk has been pierced by wood from the deck.

Phoebus bends over in another cackle before rising with all the grace of a ballerina, draping her arms around Lunatone in a wide hug. "Wouldn't it be fun to smash her skull just like you smashed her legs?" Another, higher octave has met the other three, leaving her voice as high and tight as a spoiled princess in a temper tantrum. 

"Yes it would, Phoebus," she says to herself, lowering her voice and puffing out her cheeks to mimic a reply. "But I think you should have the fun yourself." 

"I'm so glad you agree," Phoebus answers herself, smiling a smile with too many teeth once again. She turns and reaches down to grab Vivet's arm, raising it up as if she would help the woman to what were once her feet. She spins it in a tight circle, drawing even more horrific cries of pain from Vivet's mouth, though, and holds it there. "Down, Luna!"

Lunatone floats down gently and presses only a fraction of its bulk against the bottom of Vivet's body, causing her eyes to nearly bulge out of her head as she screams bloody murder. "JUST KILL ME ALREADY."

The smile wipes from Phoebus face and she snarls at Vivet, "The fun part about learning how to fix people is learning how they break. AND YOU." She begins pulling, pressing her foot against the woman's shoulder, "DON'T GET..." There is a sickening pop as it wrenches free of its socket, "TO TELL ME WHAT..." She redoubles her effort and strains heavily, "TO DO!"

The flesh, already weakened by death and exposure to the elements, tears and Phoebus pulls away the woman's arm, blood squirting out of both ends of the removal like an interrupted stream of water. "I GOTTA HAND IT TO YOU," She screams over Vivet's anguish, "YOU AT LEAST MADE A PRETTY CORPSE."

She sets about slamming the woman's limb into her body, much of it graciously blocked from view by Lunatone's bulk, but the occasional splatter of blood flying into the sky, lit by streaks of lightning, hints at the viciousness of her actions.

Sound seems to fade, though, and a woman's Voice echoes around you, leaving you unsure where its owner stands, or if there even is one.

Moonlit Maiden
    Won't you stay awhile tonight?

The Voice prompts Othero into movement finally, as if he was woken from some trance or spell. He rushes towards Lunatone and attempts to budge it out of the way, but no amount of straining budges its mighty mass.

All things of beauty

Are too soon out of sight

Giving up on moving the Pokemon, he catches Vivet's arm as Phoebus raises it to strike the woman again. She turns, unadulterated rage in her visible eye, and swings her fist into the man's jaw, sending him sprawling to the deck as well.

I know it's a selfish plea

You must light the hearts of more than me

Unlike the woman, though, Othero rises quickly and lunges at Phoebus, wrapping his arms around her middle and tackling her forward and over Vivet, turning in midair so that he lands on his back and she is spared the landing.

There's a girl at her window

Now she's trying to catch your eye

She flails the arm still tightly clutched in her hand at him, but cannot find proper purchase to strike him. He wraps his legs around hers, effectively pinning her in place as she swings the upper half of her body in a mad attempt to hit him.

But oh, pretty stranger

You must keep on passing by

She gets lucky, catching him in the head with her elbow, and his grip is loosened for just long enough for her to escape. "SHE'S MINE!" she screeches triumphantly, but pauses as a silvery beam of moonlight envelops her Lunatone.

Moonlit Maiden
    I don't know you
    Just a reflection
    Of kisses and whispers and indigo skies

Lunatone rises from its position and swivels to face Vivet, who is barely conscious with blue skin tinted even paler from the loss of blood, with its glowing face. An orb of light gathers between the prongs of its crescent, growing larger by the second.

Moonlit Maiden
    Look above you
    Moon's looking back
    And She's loving and longing and telling no lies.

A beam of moonlight strikes Vivet directly where her heart lies, and the woman's body, including the arm in Phoebus' hand, begins to glow with the same silvery sheen. The light begins to move from her body, coalescing just above where her body lies.

As the light surrounding her head vanishes, all tension leaves her body and her eyes stare upwards to where the full moon's light breaks a hole in the storm clouds to shine on her. The silvery light gathers into an ethereal image of herself, whole without suture or any imperfection. The light moves from Lunatone as well to create a vaguely humanoid, vaguely feminine body who embraces the Vivet image, and they begin to rise up along the shaft of moonlight until they vanish from sight and there is nothing but rain and thunder.

There is a dizzying sensation of motion sickness in your gut, and you clench your eyes in an attempt to clear it. As fast as it came, though, it is gone, and when you open your eyes a second time you are all standing in the hallway that leads to the cabins, Sylandra looking a little pale as she closes her umbrella.

"Bedtime," is all she says before taking Alec's offered elbow of support, walking towards the stairs slowly. 

The target of her mad rage gone, Phoebus sways unsteadily and almost robotically complies with Othero's request to return Lunatone to its pokeball. You all drift off to your own cabins after he leads her away, still gently whispering reassurances to her.

Vivet, the Overlord of the Cult of Lunala, has died a second time.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    IT IS NOW NIGHT 9 OF THE CCS: EXPEDITION'S JOURNEY.
    You have 96 hours (4 days) to send in your Night actions.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • That novel
  • That was brutal, wtf
    Lehki said:
    That was brutal, wtf
    (Actually suggested to Trem to make it as brutal as possible)
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    (At least it wasn't Snorlax's Pulverizing Pancake. That might've capsized the ship tho.)
    I guess I'm the buff Nurse Joy from that one episode.

By the way, don't search for "muscular nurse joy". I should've known better but I still did it. Immediately switched to NURSE JOY LIFTING MAGIKARP, but it was too late. And now we all have to suffer.

This will be my new trainer card image if I survive to the end of this trip. No longer hiding my power level, and tan from the cruise.

I'm pretty sure my character has absolutely zero consistency in what kind of a person she is, so I'm adopting that for my physical form as well. This is me now. 
    Vivet said:
    Lehki said:
    That was brutal, wtf
    (I wish you hadn't, I hate gruesome stuff, bleh.)
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Phoebus said:
    Vivet said:
    Lehki said:
    That was brutal, wtf
    You:

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • The role of Phoebus has been temporarily re-cast:

• Phoebus said:
    Vivet said:
    Lehki said:
    That was brutal, wtf
    And yet you posted that Nurse Joy pic. >:)
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.