Around you, the expected hustle and bustle of a train terminal is surprisingly absent. Several tracks lead into this quiet, cathedral-like enclosure, the massiveness only enhanced by the absence of windows or natural light. Giant braziers offer light to see by, coating every object in a romantic, mysterious glow. Around the room, archways allow in locomotive vehicles of all shapes and sizes, from old fashioned steam-driven monstrosities of iron to the sleek thermoplastic subterranean trains that look more a bullet than anything else. A large crowd has gathered, and you all know you are there for one purpose.
"Alola!" A youthful voice rings out, its source unknown. It echoes off of the terminal's walls, muted slightly by the darkness surrounding you, "A new region filled with lands that have never been tilled, food that has never been eaten, flowers that have never been picked. Most importantly to many of us, there are new Pokémon who have never even seen a human before."
A murmur runs through the crowd as the boy's words fade, a faint buzz of excitement filling the air before it is silenced by his voice again. "Today, my invited guests, we all take the first step into colonising the Alola region. Unlike our forefathers, who struck brashly and tore apart the land and destroyed the wildlife to create homes, I have assembled a great group of scientists, environmentalists, medical experts, and peaceful individuals who will help us to learn to mesh into the environment. We will live in the trees, under the ground, and in the scrublands. We will live in harmony with the Pokemon, and finally settle in a region where Human and Pokémon truly live as one!"
A few cheers spring up from the crowd, and you cannot stop yourself from joining in the applause. From atop the pillar in the centre of the room, a boy leaps down, a face you all recognise easily as belonging to Champion Alec, the patron of the Expedition and the most widely renowned Champion among them all for his efforts to create a state of true harmony between Pokémon and People. Only a moment later, the telltale cry of his partner, Shaymin, fills the air as the Pokémon wheels from above to flop across his shoulder, looking around the throng inquisitively.
"It is a long journey, one that we cannot make on foot. I have sunk the considerable funds of my office into this, the CCL Expedition!" He gestures with a flourish, and torches along the wall spring to life at the far end of the terminal, revealing a massive train that hovers atop the tracks, perfectly still. "It is the first of it's kind, fully solar powered and entirely eco-friendly! Using magnets, it can reach a safe speed of 450 kilometres per hour, making it not only the most eco-friendly train, but the fastest in the world! The rails it is polarised against have been buried underground, you see, allowing us to zip through forests, above and across mountains, and even underwater to reach our final destination - the Alola region."
He beams as he turns around, and you can sense the excitement in his words, the belief behind them. He is truly excited to visit the new region, and to bring each of you along. Shaymin nudges his head though, and looks at him pointedly for a few moments. His smile falters, and he says, "I...should let you know, though, that we're not...we're not entirely safe doing this. There have been protesters saying this is a waste of money, and that we should take Alola by force. There have been religious threats against me, and everyone who would travel in the Expedition. As I told you all when you were invited, this is going to be no picnic. We'll have to stop every day to let the solar cells charge during the day, and travel at night. Bomb threats have been called in at stations along the tracks, and all sorts of terrible words have been slung around.
"But we don't do this because we're comfortable, we do this because we all share a dream." His eyes nearly blaze with determination as he draws the rapier at his side and points it to the sky, "We all dream of living together with Pokémon as one, not owners and pets or masters and slaves, but as equals! We all share a bond with not just our Pokémon, but every Pokémon! If you leave now, I will not fault you, but to those of you who would go with me on this journey, I ask nothing of you but your best! Who is with me?"
There is silence for a moment, and then like a wave crashing against rocks, a roar goes up from the crowd, and you can't help but join in the applause and cheering. The Alola Region waits, and as sweet as getting there will be, the journey will be the true experience.
Greetings, trainers. Before we can set out for the Alola region, you must be made aware of the rules of the Champion Craft Locomotive: Expedition, you must be aware of the rules of travel.
A small plaque in every car reads:
1. Votes MUST be in bold to count. (ex. Vote Tremula)
2. Once a majority has been reached, the day ends. Anything that happens after a final vote will not happen, including unvotes to bring the target below the minimum threshold.
3. You are not allowed to post in the thread during the night phases.
4. You are not allowed to communicate with each other outside the thread unless your role specifically allows you to do this.
5. Once you are eliminated, you are not allowed to post in the thread during the day phase unless your role explicitly allows this.
6. You are not allowed to quote your role PM AT ALL.
6 1/2. You may quote from your PMs any message that is Italicised. Some people aren't fully aware of the Pokémon world, so I have planned certain messages to be shareable. Do not attempt to falsify what was or was not italicised or you WILL be modkilled.
7. Do not discuss game details outside of the game.
8. If you go inactive, please let me know so I can find a replacement player. (Those interested in being a replacement player, please message me for a waitlist!)
9. You're not allowed to edit your posts. Doublepost instead if you want to clarify something.
10. You must be sportsmanlike. If you are rude or inflammatory to the point that the game ceases to be enjoyable for the rest of the players, I reserve the right to modkill you.
11. The game will end when either the town or the mafia have reached their victory condition.
12. Dayphases will last no longer than a RL week. If seven days go by without a lynch, the Nightphase will immediately begin.
13. Nightphases will last no longer than 48 hours. If night actions are not delivered at the end of the night phase, it will be read as no action.
14. The Champion (game master) will decide order of events if contested, and his word is final. Do not invoke an order-of-events check if you are not willing to be told you are wrong.
15. YOU MUST HAVE YOUR TRAINER CARD AT EVERY STOP, OR YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE GAME. TRAINER CARDS WERE DISTRIBUTED ON INVITATION AND AN EXAMPLE IS SHOWN BELOW.
Two additional factors make up this game, and will be explained below. The game will begin at the post of Day Zero.
Day 6 Win!! (Warlock): 1. Sylandra
2. Dylara - the Coroner - Town
3. Thul - the Mayor, Town
the Hyde (Terrorist Victim Day 2) 4. Iosion
Mafia Admin (Detained Day 4) 5. Ushaara
6. Othero - the Watcher, Town
Mistletoe (Night 6 Kill): 7. Luce
Day 10 Lynch (Doctor) 8. Phoebus
the Terrorist (Day 2 Explode) 9. Weiwae
the Jekyll (Terrorist Victim Day 2) 10. Synkarin
Traitor (Day 7 Lynch)11. Allyrianne
12. Krackenor - the Blocker, Town
13. Melali - the Jailer, Town
Night 11 Kill (Vigilante) 14. Portius
Dead? Think so. Forgot where. 15. Kalaneya
Day 8 Event Death (the Investigator) 16. Ssaliss Day 4 Arrest (Mafia Grunt): 17. Salome
18. Cyndarin - the Collector, 3p/Town
Day 5 Drop Out [modkill] (Mafia Admin): 19. Silvanus
Night 2 Kill (Magistrate): 20. AlaryDay 8 Lynch, Day 9 Lynch (Lunala Overlord) 21. Vivet
Night 8 Kill (Solgaleo Overlord) 22. Lehki
Night 10 Kill (Chosen) 23. Cen
Night 7 Kill (Witch): 24. Kaimanahi
Day One lynch (Serial Killer): 25. Kilee
Night 2 Kill (Creepy Boy): 26. Rolsand
27. Ileein - the Pathologist, Town