the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    ...It's taking all of my self control not to edit that quote to be unbroken, I hope you realize. 
  • Whoa whoa whoa. People are getting around with *legendary* pokemon on day 1?? I demand a refund on my pokemon. :|
    Cen said:
    Whoa whoa whoa. People are getting around with *legendary* pokemon on day 1?? I demand a refund on my pokemon. :|
    It's only speculation! I'm sure there are some crazier Pokemon mixed into the bunch, and it doesn't seem too Farfetch'd to me that a legendary Pokemon would have an ability that could disrupt everyone in the game, and when I think crazy earthquakes, I think Groudon. But the possibility still exists that it was just a really rowdy Diglett, or something.

I dunno how you'd take a Diglett out on a train, though. Would it just...go through the floor, or... 
    Oh my god, forums, please.   :(
  • Honestly, first night isn't a bad candidate for such a powerful move. It gives investigators and other pro-Town roles time to do their jobs properly, and helps to ensure we have as much voting power as possible moving into the first day where we might actually have a chance to make an educated guess.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Ileein said:
    Honestly, first night isn't a bad candidate for such a powerful move. It gives investigators and other pro-Town roles time to do their jobs properly, and helps to ensure we have as much voting power as possible moving into the first day where we might actually have a chance to make an educated guess.
    I'm inclined to agree.

That said, I was unaffected by the quake myself. I still did what I set out to do.

• I was initially worried when I read Tremula's post about the earthquake, since at first I thought it meant we might be back in day 0 mode. But it does look like some people, at least, were able to do things, so at least some people have information. That being the case, I think I agree that this past night was a good use of the power, especially if that means it can recharge and potentially come into play later.

I don't really have much to contribute just now. This expedition is going to be interesting.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Does everyone also have their day action blocked? Did anyone else see a Pumpkaboo? 

I had a visit from a Pumpkaboo and was informed I can't perform any day actions today.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    I did not see any Pumpkaboo in the night. Which is a shame, because they are fat and cute as heck. But I guess we know there's one on board, and probably what its ability is, now!
  • Phoebus said:
    Cen said:
    Whoa whoa whoa. People are getting around with *legendary* pokemon on day 1?? I demand a refund on my pokemon. :|
    It's only speculation! I'm sure there are some crazier Pokemon mixed into the bunch, and it doesn't seem too Farfetch'd to me that a legendary Pokemon would have an ability that could disrupt everyone in the game, and when I think crazy earthquakes, I think Groudon. But the possibility still exists that it was just a really rowdy Diglett, or something.

I dunno how you'd take a Diglett out on a train, though. Would it just...go through the floor, or... 
    I see what you did there.

One of Pumpkaboo's starting moves is Astonish, which has a chance to block the target's next action, so it does fit.
  • Phoebus your broken quote broke mine. D:
  • So I guess we got a couple of blockers.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I was thinking that maybe the Earthquake just blocked Pokemon powers, as I was able to use a trainer power last night, but with Pumpkaboo on the loose, that probably doesn't hold up.

Unless Pumpkaboo's are immune to ground? I dunno, are they?
  • With 27 trainers and their 27 pokemon in the game, it is quite likely that there are multiple flavours of blocking abilities at play, yes. And multiple flavours of most other roles as well.

• Pumpkaboo's are not immune to ground, so it should have still been affected. So it certainly seems like everybody didn't get hit by it. Can anybody else confirm getting blocked or not last night?
  • According to the wiki, Pumpkaboo is a ghost/grass pokemon that is immune to normal/fighting and resistant to ground, water, grass, electric.

So.... I have no idea if resistant might mean that it resisted the effects of the quake or ???
    It did say it appeared ephemerally - so maybe that's why it went through?

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I am so overwhelmed by this game lol.

I was told that I can't perform day actions after hurting myself in the earthquake (thanks for that :( ).

Rehashing Synkarin's question: did anyone else get blocked from doing anything today?
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • Does not being able to act during the day also mean I can battle my Pokemon?
  • can't*...

Cause I'm ready to see some Pokemon battles!
  • Well, earthquakes suck. :( Nothing to report from the night before other than I'm a bit bruised and scratched from someone playing too much with seismic events on a fast moving vehicle.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Just want to throw in a couple of quick things:

I was unable to do my trainer power this night due to the earthquake, so the theory that only pokemon moves are affected was false.

Further, due to hitting my knee, I too am unable to do any day powers. I got fixed by the Champion though, and not by Pumpkaboo (ethereal or otherwise). In fact, I didn't see anything other than the earthquake.
  • I have to agree with Ssaliss on this, the Champion helped me when it stopped and said I'd be fine but I shouldn't do too much today. My pokemon, however, is not me and was fine and uneffected as far as I can tell.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited July 2016
    A grumbling proceeds a door opening on the train, out of which @Othero steps, rubbing his eyes in a tired manner before stretching his limbs. Not a second later, all of the windows on the train lower, an automated voice droning, "Air control off, stabilising external and internal temperatures. This is an automated process. REPEAT: Air control off, stabilisi..."

A sweet scent blooms from a carriage towards the back of the train, and you all take a moment to inhale deeply the scent of night blooming flowers, a sophisticated woman's perfume enhanced by some inhuman goodness. Various cries, blinks, gasps, and other noises and gestures of astonishment ripple throughout the crowd as @Kilee's Kecleon emerges from its pokeball of its own accord, flicking its tongue at the air as its nostrils flare repeatedly, drawn out by the scent.

All queued Night actions are complete.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    So the quake is probably the day action blocker, and not the Pumpkaboo, then. Hmm. I suppose it's obvious from my assumptions and speculation at this point that I was unharmed by the quake last night; I had no idea there had been one until reports came in today. So some of us got hurt, and some of us came out of it unscathed/completely unaware, and it may or may not have contributed to no one being eliminated last night? This gets more complicated the more I try to work out exactly what happened.  :-? I should probably take a break from it and let other people report in before I hurt myself by over-speculating.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Aaaahhh, what just happened?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Some Night actions take a delayed effect or give status, going onto a queue to be released throughout the day phase. The queue is now empty.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Ok, well if that's the case - I'd like @Othero and @Kilee to speak up on what happened.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I think that might have been Sweet Scent which can be used to attract Pokemon. So possibly a power that forces somebody to reveal their pokemon?  Just a guess though.
  • Phoebus said:
    So the quake is probably the day action blocker, and not the Pumpkaboo, then. Hmm. I suppose it's obvious from my assumptions and speculation at this point that I was unharmed by the quake last night; I had no idea there had been one until reports came in today. So some of us got hurt, and some of us came out of it unscathed/completely unaware, and it may or may not have contributed to no one being eliminated last night? This gets more complicated the more I try to work out exactly what happened.  :-? I should probably take a break from it and let other people report in before I hurt myself by over-speculating.
    Except I was night-blocked, and the only thing that blocked me was the quake.