the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• Ileein probably needs to clarify if the message stated something about an attempted kill, like mine did with the tootbrush shank. My messages were very clear that someone tried to kill me, not just use a pokemon attack on me. 
    Yes, I was specifically told that I deduced that there had been an attempt on my life, from the absence of the spikes.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • But I suppose it is possible that my character came to an inaccurate conclusion from the evidence? Still, that's the information I received.
  • So either Krackenor is lying about the power or Articuno was not the only attack on Ileein. I can confirm for Ileein that when people tried to kill me, it was explicitly, specifically noted that an attack on my life was made. 
  • Also just to defend myself some more, if I was cult why would I suddenly go after Cen of all people? I'd be trying to push for Portius expecting him to be protected at night or I'd be pushing for Thul knowing that day was the only way to knock him out of the game. 
  • Not really. Pushing no win fights against Thul isn't going to get you very far. Blindly pushing for lynches a la Ushaara just gets you killed. 
  • But according to you I am already blindly pushing for a lynch, my point being that if I was doing that I would have far better targets to go for.
  • When did I say that? I don't think I said anything about you trying to lynch Cen. any conversation where I said you were blindly pushing for a lynch did not happen. I think you're flailing at this point, I'm sticking with my vote.
  • Incidentally, were all night actions submitted in the ~2 hours between Phoebus doing Moonlight and me countering it cancelled entirely? Or is it possible that the cult managed to sneak in a recruitment? I honestly don't remember how it worked the first time we had a Sunny Day invoked.
  • And to be clear I'm still quite suspicious of Othero-- whoever brought up that redirecting is a power Zoroark has been shown to have made a good point.

So at this point we know the following for certain:

1. Thul is the Mayor and thanks to his ludicrous pokemon power likely immune to conversion.
    2. Melali is the Jailor and has demonstrated immunity to night powers when jailing. It is possible that conversion bypasses that, but this would be an atypical setup, and night immunity is a key thing that jailors get.
    3. Dylara is the Coroner, and has been confirmed in this role. I have also confirmed that she didn't do anything (physically) last night aside from create and deliver her report. It is possible she has been converted, but I'm uncertain what converting her would do, and it didn't give her any other night actions if so-- I'm inclined to believe not.
    4. I'm the Pathologist, a form of Watcher, and I've been pretty clear about my town affiliation lately, I think.

That's the four of whose total innocence I am fairly well convinced of.

5. Krackenor is a Blocker; @Krackenor, unless I've missed it, I don't think you've stated who you've been blocking most recently. Any revelations? Also, I note that you were the most insistent that your blocking Vivet followed by no deaths meant strong suspicion, why no such assertions out of the gate this time? Just burned by the fact that Vivet worked out innocent (apparently, I'm still confused about Vivet's stuff and would prefer not to have to dig back through it)?
    6. Cen is a Daycare Attendant or something like that, and we've had confirmation of them using their power; as with Dylara, I'm not sure what converting them would do, and I suppose it remains possible they're the Chosen? I remember that being something that people had kicked around as a possibility.
    7. Portius is a Vigilante, and didn't target anyone last night, or got redirected into someone immune?
    8. Cyndarin is a third-party Pokedex Collector; to be honest I'm not sure what to think here, except that the cult likely wouldn't draft Cyndarin for their power.
    9. Othero is also a Watcher, and should, it must be remembered, have a redirect in the form of Zoroark. I am increasingly suspicious that this is the redirect they've been using, rather than the kill power (which, as Othero admitted, has been depleted). I remain on board with the Othero-as-cultist train.
    10. And Phoebus, of course is a Doctor who is basically 100% confirmed as Cultist... but, the consensus seems to be, likely not Recruiter. Though I will note that the only people she's targeted, according to her, have been Othero (who might well be a teammate!) and Ssaliss, after Ssaliss died. So we can't even really confirm her power, unless I've missed a third-party confirmation along the way.
  • Portius, according to Othero, targeted me. Though Portius hasn't confirmed this. 
  • @Ileein I'm still willing to trade to prove I couldn't of used the redirect last night.
  • Oh, I also want to buy a firestone
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Yeah, I targeted Cyndarin and failed because of the jailing. I thought I had confirmed that already, my bad.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Othero said:
    Anyone want to get back to the fact that the cult doesn't have a killer because you don't give a cult a killer? If they had one this game would be done a whole ago.
    Without dwelling on it too much... this is the exact wrong game for "x doesn't get x" logic. I will point out that anyone at all could've traded in their Pokemon for Zoroark, and picked up a kill power, however many uses are actually attached. You just got there first.

Also, cult could've theoretically recruited Portius, but... uh. He's still not reading as scummy to me.

I'll admit, I'm confused as to how this game is still going. I think Ileein saved us from game over just now, but we're probably not in a good spot.

Othero said:
    Also just to defend myself some more, if I was cult why would I suddenly go after Cen of all people? I'd be trying to push for Portius expecting him to be protected at night or I'd be pushing for Thul knowing that day was the only way to knock him out of the game. 
    This is kinda why I've been glossing over you so far, because I expected to be sitting at the receiving end of a sudden lynch train after the thing with Ssaliss, but... here we both are, still.

I will note that there was a recruit attempt on me the night after I roleclaimed, and the cult tried to redirect Portius onto me the night after, so maybe the cult was hoping to handle me another way. It makes me kinda wonder if Team Cult is... uh. Not very good at the whole strategy thing.

As for why Cen in particular? Well, assuming you're cult, you'd want to redirect suspicion onto anyone who isn't you. I personally don't believe that Cen's anything but an underpowered day care employee, because of my Foresight interactions, but everyone else seems to find him suspicious, so it'd be an easy job.

Othero said:
    @Ileein I'm still willing to trade to prove I couldn't of used the redirect last night.
    Think we're still waiting on Ileein and Portius's Solrock/Haunter to go through, but yeah, I'd take Ileein's word for it if he says Zoroark's clean.

@Tremula: Is there any restriction on the number of trades we can do per day?
  • As you say, we're still waiting on that former trade to go through, but I'm amenable to the test, as long as y'all think it would adequately rule out Zoroark as the source of the redirection. @Othero are you claiming Zoroark doesn't have a redirect at all, or that you used it too recently for it to be off cooldown when we suspect a redirection?
  • Zoarack can only use move of his moves a turn (so one day/night cycle) and I already used the kill during the day so I couldn't do anything last night. 
  • It also doesn't have to be with Ileein, I'll trade with anyone as long as people will trust them about what Zoroark's powers are. Also sorry that I keep misspelling Zoroark.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Okay, now that I've caught up, let me answer some questions (and if I missed any ping me and I'll answer them):

You may trade as many times as there are those willing to trade with you, but you can only trade ONCE per trading day with the Champion. Ex: Ileein, Portius, Othero, and Cyndarin can trade with each other 9 ways to Victory Road, but they only get one trade each with the Champion.

Any night actions submitted with a timestamp between the time when Phoebus activated Lunatone and Ileein activated Solrock would have been successful, yes. Any after Ileein posted would have failed. This is not a confirmation that there were or were not night actions submitted. 

The Pokemon currently available for trade from the Champion's Pool are:

Zubat
    Pumpkaboo
    Mystery Pokemon #1 
    Munna
    Mystery Pokemon #3
    Piplup
    Mystery Pokemon #4
    Purrloin
    Sandshrew
    Mawile
    Corsola

-------------------------------------------

As the arguments continue, Cyndarin requests of the Champion a Fire Stone, and he digs through a small bag on his belt to retrieve it before handing it over to her. As he turns back towards the books, Portius taps on his shoulder and reminds him of the trade offer between him and Ileein. He claps his palm against his forehead, taking their pokeballs and trainer cards before quickly rushing towards the machine, placing each on their appropriate pedestal and typing furiously.

Solrock appears on one half of the screen and Haunter the other, and as they cross the screen a brilliant light fills the air from the left pokeball, the sheen of the white glow nearly blinding. On the screen, the form of Haunter rotates rapidly before stretching and pulling out. It finally straightens and settles its form, revealing a Gengar!

As Alec hands the pokeballs to their new trainers, he says, "It'll just be a moment and you'll get your new trainer cards." As if waiting for him to say it, the machine happily begins chugging along to print out the new cards, the smell of fresh laminate hanging heavy in the air.

No more trades may be made until this one is complete.

Cyndarin is now in possession of a Fire Stone.

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Use firestone on vulpix
  • Wait. What.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited September 2016
    The machine dings as it finishes printing the new trainer cards, and Alec quickly grabs them before handing them over to Ileein and Portius. "Now, I really do have to make sure none of these books are damaged, they're quite expensive!" He rushes off behind several walls of shelves, calling out to Sylandra in a foreign language that she returns easily, probably debating about the large amount of clatter that just emerged from where he was rushing towards.

Cyndarin leisurely pulls out a pokeball and opens it, revealing an adorable Vulpix who yawns before licking its paw and grooming its ear nonchalantly. Cyndarin presses the fire stone to its head and the same brilliant white glow that surrounded the trading machine a few moments previous now surrounds the tiny Pokemon, causing it to stretch and grow, tails splitting off and lengthening from each other until a gorgeous Ninetales sits where the small Vulpix once did.

Pokemon may be traded once more.

Vulpix has evolved into Ninetales!

Play continues as normal.

EDIT: Ninetales, not Ninetails.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Gary sent me a pokemon last night. It was a vulpix. So now I have that too. Surprise hidden bonus!
    So, @Ileein. Are we swapping back immediately? If we're not, I should probably trade Solrock for Zoroark to verify. But I am a good cult recruitment target, so people might trust it more if someone else did the verification for his power. 

Also: Where in Estarra's name did Cyndarin get a Vulpix.
  • So, uh. Gengar is quite, quite powerful under the right circumstances: it can use Dream Eater to put someone to sleep for 50 posts during which time you control the actions of the targeted person, including any day or pokemon powers at their disposal.
    Missed Cyndarin's post.

I just want to be completely clear. Are you saying that you got a free pokemon overnight for no apparent reason?
  • Well the reason appears to be I'm Gary's protege, so I got to pick a pokemon at random from the Champion's car. I picked one the the mystery pokemon, and it was vulpix. 
  • Okay, so I didn't hallucinate the Cyndaquil. Or whatever you call that thing. I didn't play Gen 2. Yay for getting... two... Pokemon.

I'm going to be pleasantly surprised if the ship isn't completely ablaze when I get back from dinner.
  • Well, I want to think about this: what day, or Pokemon, powers are out there which would be extraordinarily dangerous in the hands of the cult? There's Zoroark obviously, but he's still up in the air. And now Ninetails, which could do who knows what. 
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I'd like to trade Lunatone for Mystery Pokemon #3, please.