the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    ...it can only kill the strong man...it has attempted to murder Thul twice...Thul is the strong mayor...no, no, I think Cyndarin may be on to something.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • We should all trade Pokemon around at random to make Trem have to make a whole bunch of cards.

Processing this new info. At work, so can't say anything huge, but... hmm.
  • Also to clarify, every power besides do 2 damage to a pokemon is a one-shot. I can only redirect once and I can only block someone from posting once. 
  • ANYHOOTHOOT. 

As much as I love my dear, sweet Quilava (and Typhlosion to be) it's way too late in the game for it to be of any use. Assuming it evolves tomorrow, I'll probably be ganked/blocked again and he, sadly, will be of no help. 

So...

Trade Quilava for mystery pokemon #1
  • Trade Quilava for mystery pokemon #1
  • Tremula said:
    ...it can only kill the strong man...it has attempted to murder Thul twice...Thul is the strong mayor...no, no, I think Cyndarin may be on to something.
    If I live through this game, the little bastard goes into a volcano.
  • Incidentally, reviewing the flavor text for Corsola, I will note that it does specify that Spikes blocks offensive Pokemon actions, apparently not Trainer powers. So it is plausible that Articuno is what tripped it-- unless the recruitment is a Pokemon power, which I strongly suspect not. Though Tremula did clarify that recruitment would theoretically block it, that may be an "if it were a pokemon power" thing.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
    @Ileein, please check your inbox.

• *fidget* WHAR IS MAH NEW POKEMANZ
  • Oops! Please disregard the above, in fact the spikes hit people, too. Fear my spiky wrath!
    As Alec emerges with a pokeball Appearing in his hand, he takes Quilava's ball and her trainer card from her before beginning the trade. However, when the machine lights up, there is no pokemon opposite Quilava, and Quilava moves halfway across the screen before there is a grinding and klaxon noise spewing from the audio. "What? That can't possibly be correct!" Alec's fingers fly over the keyboard before he begins pounding his fist against the side of the machine. "Sylandra!"

The woman appears from thin air, appearing to burn in from the air. She takes one look at the machine before frowning. Keys begin pressing themselves and the noise stops immediately, then the Quilava returns to its original position. "Alec, why did you put an empty pokeball up for trade?"

"Empty, what do you mean, empty?" Alec rushes to the mystery pokeball and picks it up, pressing the button to release the pokemon inside. However, the bottom half of the ball simply falls away before swinging on its hinge, nothing emerging from the empty ball. "This...this wasn't empty. This was Alary's pokemon, I don't...I don't know what it was, or where it's gone."

Sylandra takes the ball and pockets it, turning to walk back towards the bookshelves. "It got stolen," her voice rings loud and clear across the silent library.

Cyndarin's trade attempt has FAILED.

Pokemon may be traded as normal.

• Womp womp.
  • Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • I am not okay with this. 
  • All right, who has been stealing Pokémon. It could be anyone. It could be someone sneaky. It could be... A ninja?!
  • Please keep gunning for me thanks.

I'd put more pressure on it being the only person we've seen with 2 pokemon.
  • You mean the pokemon you didn't know existed until I showed it to you all? Sounds like a great plan. I wonder what they're hiding.
  • Kinda, yeah, you wouldn't necessarily know that which mystery pokemon you grabbed and took a gamble.

Though honestly I think it's someone else entirely and they have been keeping quiet. I'm just taking offense at Ileein's really baseless shot at the idea that I'm still scum.
  • I took a gamble when I bought the firestone? *sideeye*
  • Othero said:
    Kinda, yeah, you wouldn't necessarily know that which mystery pokemon you grabbed and took a gamble.

Though honestly I think it's someone else entirely and they have been keeping quiet. I'm just taking offense at Ileein's really baseless shot at the idea that I'm still scum.
    Honestly I'm not actually accusing you, you're just the role with explicit sneaky powers. As for who else could have done it, I suppose we could always test for the presence of the Pokemon by trying to attack it? Though I don't recall that we ever learned what Alary's Pokemon was. I don't think we did.
  • Your gamble would be that you stole a pokemon from the champ's car without knowing which number mystery pokemon it is. You then traded and took a gamble that the mystery you're going for isn't the one you stole.

Again, I don't think that actually happened but it's more logical then "GASP A NINJA DID IT?!" and that's why I brought it up.
  • I hope at this point the day has run out of dramatic reveals. Hey, people who have not voted on someone yet, what are you thinking?
  • Well, we've only got one apparent reason for a Pokemon to be missing from its ball, and that's that Cyndarin left an empty when she got her second Pokemon from the Champion's quarters. It's sketchy as all hell that SylandraNPC is claiming theft.

...then again, not sure how much to read into SylandraNPC's stuff, because she hasn't exactly been a friend to town this game.

Seriously, Alec, if she wanted what was good for you, she'd have warned you away from the boat. And the train before it.

@Dylara's been laying pretty low, and though she's vouched for by Ileein, who holds the title of Most Currently Trustworthy, I'd like to hear if she has any further input as well.
  • As an aside, I love Sylandra's character because she is nothing at all like the real Sylandra. (sorry that I can't see you as a psychic bodyguard named Tiny)
  • I mean... I could theoretically see a couple of other roles involved in a Pokeheist. Cen, the Daycare Assistant, has a very Pokemon-focused role, and obviously Cyndarin has been spotted with a second Pokemon. I am interested to hear from the remainung quiet folks but I doubt we'll be able to shed too much light on this using only resources available at day.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Othero said:
    As an aside, I love Sylandra's character because she is nothing at all like the real Sylandra. (sorry that I can't see you as a psychic bodyguard named Tiny)
    <\3 (also if I die on this ship after getting my win condition I will be SO salty and not just from the sea water lmao)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sorry Syl. There's just no place for you on the Magikarp submarine.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    If only Aegislash could learn SURF.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I'll just be over here, having literally nothing to contribute. 
  • Phoebus said:
    I'll just be over here, having literally nothing to contribute. 
    I know that feel, bro