Lirangsha!

2

Comments

  • SsalissSsaliss Member Posts: 3,575 Transcendent
    And the first thing you did was... eat him. Man, you should hire a dietician or something. That can't be good for you.
    image
  • EstarraEstarra Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,074 Creator
    Er, so did anyone get a Diary of a Time Dame?
    image
    image
  • MoiMoi Member Posts: 1,213 Transcendent
    Not as far as I know.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord Member Posts: 6,629 Transcendent
    Estarra said:
    Er, so did anyone get a Diary of a Time Dame?
    Quest was bugged.

    No Diary found.

    If you'd like to help us out we'd appreciate it though!
    image
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord Member Posts: 6,629 Transcendent
    edited January 2013
    Edit: Story removed temporarily; seek it out in-game!
    Post edited by Xenthos on
    image
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens. Member Posts: 3,867 Transcendent
    Estarra said:
    Er, so did anyone get a Diary of a Time Dame?
    Got the vision, thanks!

    The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

    You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!


    image
  • EstarraEstarra Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,074 Creator

    Bit disappointed that no one gathers everyone together and reads new history aloud to an audience. That was always a high point for me and it was quite exciting watching everyone's reaction and comments after the reading. (Even after the STRONG hint Morkarion got to do that, I guess that just doesn't go over well these days!)

      =((

    image
    image
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens. Member Posts: 3,867 Transcendent
    Estarra said:

    Bit disappointed that no one gathers everyone together and reads new history aloud to an audience. That was always a high point for me and it was quite exciting watching everyone's reaction and comments after the reading. (Even after the STRONG hint Morkarion got to do that, I guess that just doesn't go over well these days!)

      =((

    You just gave a book of all sorts of secret knowledge to a guy who despises or distrusts roughly half the Basin =p

    Also I must have missed the hint, this was the vision I got:

    You are suddenly assaulted by a temporal flashback, and find you are back once again fighting the Greater Nightmare of Lirangsha. After the killing blow, you are visited by a Time Dame and notice she had inadvertently dropped a book among the swirling confluence of clouds. Time suddenly returns to normal as the temporal flashback recedes.

    The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

    You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!


    image
  • EstarraEstarra Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,074 Creator
    <blockquote></blockquote><blockquote></blockquote>
    Morkarion said:
    Estarra said:

    Bit disappointed that no one gathers everyone together and reads new history aloud to an audience. That was always a high point for me and it was quite exciting watching everyone's reaction and comments after the reading. (Even after the STRONG hint Morkarion got to do that, I guess that just doesn't go over well these days!)

      =((

    You just gave a book of all sorts of secret knowledge to a guy who despises or distrusts roughly half the Basin =p

    Also I must have missed the hint, this was the vision I got:

    You are suddenly assaulted by a temporal flashback, and find you are back once again fighting the Greater Nightmare of Lirangsha. After the killing blow, you are visited by a Time Dame and notice she had inadvertently dropped a book among the swirling confluence of clouds. Time suddenly returns to normal as the temporal flashback recedes.


    You also got this when you went back to Glomdoring:

    A shadow faeling walks in, glances at you, and says, "In the old days, when new books were found, people would gather others at the Great Library and read it aloud." He then shrugs and departs.

    image
    image
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens. Member Posts: 3,867 Transcendent
    Estarra said:
    <blockquote></blockquote><blockquote></blockquote>
    Morkarion said:
    Estarra said:

    Bit disappointed that no one gathers everyone together and reads new history aloud to an audience. That was always a high point for me and it was quite exciting watching everyone's reaction and comments after the reading. (Even after the STRONG hint Morkarion got to do that, I guess that just doesn't go over well these days!)

      =((

    You just gave a book of all sorts of secret knowledge to a guy who despises or distrusts roughly half the Basin =p

    Also I must have missed the hint, this was the vision I got:

    You are suddenly assaulted by a temporal flashback, and find you are back once again fighting the Greater Nightmare of Lirangsha. After the killing blow, you are visited by a Time Dame and notice she had inadvertently dropped a book among the swirling confluence of clouds. Time suddenly returns to normal as the temporal flashback recedes.


    You also got this when you went back to Glomdoring:

    A shadow faeling walks in, glances at you, and says, "In the old days, when new books were found, people would gather others at the Great Library and read it aloud." He then shrugs and departs.

    I missed that in all the excitement spam D: Sorry!

    The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

    You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!


    image
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord Member Posts: 6,629 Transcendent
    Estarra said:
    <blockquote></blockquote><blockquote></blockquote>
    Morkarion said:
    Estarra said:

    Bit disappointed that no one gathers everyone together and reads new history aloud to an audience. That was always a high point for me and it was quite exciting watching everyone's reaction and comments after the reading. (Even after the STRONG hint Morkarion got to do that, I guess that just doesn't go over well these days!)

      =((

    You just gave a book of all sorts of secret knowledge to a guy who despises or distrusts roughly half the Basin =p

    Also I must have missed the hint, this was the vision I got:

    You are suddenly assaulted by a temporal flashback, and find you are back once again fighting the Greater Nightmare of Lirangsha. After the killing blow, you are visited by a Time Dame and notice she had inadvertently dropped a book among the swirling confluence of clouds. Time suddenly returns to normal as the temporal flashback recedes.


    You also got this when you went back to Glomdoring:

    A shadow faeling walks in, glances at you, and says, "In the old days, when new books were found, people would gather others at the Great Library and read it aloud." He then shrugs and departs.

    I made him an extra copy of the book, and one for the library; he did say IC that he was considering doing a reading of it.

    So the book's not lost!  Even if it resets, he's still got his copy. :)
    image
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord Member Posts: 6,629 Transcendent
    I do have to ask how one would do a reading of this though, that would take hours. :o
    image
  • EstarraEstarra Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,074 Creator

    Yeah, well, it's just that I miss the excitement and buzz when someone calls everyone to the Basin for the first reading. As soon as a copy is made (and posted on the forums *cough*), there's really no big reveal because most people would have already read it.

    And, yes, I'm being selfish because it's the only enjoyment I get after writing these things (which takes an inordinately longer time than you may realize where I could be doing other things!).

    image
    image
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens. Member Posts: 3,867 Transcendent
    Estarra said:

    Yeah, well, it's just that I miss the excitement and buzz when someone calls everyone to the Basin for the first reading. As soon as a copy is made (and posted on the forums *cough*), there's really no big reveal because most people would have already read it.

    And, yes, I'm being selfish because it's the only enjoyment I get after writing these things (which takes an inordinately longer time than you may realize where I could be doing other things!).


    (Glomdoring): Nocht says, "Perhaps you should share nothing, little one."

    Well I tried D:

    The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

    You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!


    image
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord Member Posts: 6,629 Transcendent
    edited January 2013
    Ah, then I am sorry for spoiling it for you; I will say that just reading through these things is amazing as far as the richness goes, and how it builds on things.

    Djarrakh the Goloth?  That explains things.

    Why Crazen didn't act like the other Soulless, and became obsessed with Shanth and the Aslaran?  Along with enslaving the krokani instead of eating them?  Now we know!

    Hallifax and Gaudiguch nearly killed us all.  BURN THEM.

    And you have to wonder what would happen to player-Krokani if Crazen ever did get out.  Or changelings..!

    They also apparently have no hope / chance of releasing Crazen himself (so apparently via the Wheel, he seems locked away for good), they were just trying to make the best of life without him.

    ... and I really, really want access to that Fortress, by the by.

    Edit: But I'll try to keep that in mind for the next history-book I get access to; I haven't really attended the 'readings' so I didn't really think of it, but it is a good point.  I've almost always just read 'em when they were posted up, so that's what I went to do.
    image
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord Member Posts: 6,629 Transcendent
    You know what; I just edited the story out.  Some people will have seen it and there's not much that can be done about that, but the bulk of players won't have.  That will give time to actually have a more in-depth review of it somewhere where people can still be surprised, if such is desired.  :)
    image
  • RagniliffRagniliff Member Posts: 87 Adept
    This makes me so hopeful that the Djarrakh castle basement will be redone/finished into something amazing instead of what it is now.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective. Member Posts: 4,508 Transcendent
    He read it. It was a pretty wonderful story.
    image
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens. Member Posts: 3,867 Transcendent
    Yep, it was storytime in the Arcane Library, thanks to everyone that came and listened.

    The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

    You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!


    image
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective. Member Posts: 4,508 Transcendent
    You read very well for a big dumb orclach
    image
  • MaellioMaellio Member Posts: 488 Fabled
    I must know T.=.T

    .oO---~---Oo.

    "Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

    NARF!

  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink Member Posts: 1,717 Transcendent
    The problem is, people seem to try to keep the books to their orgs. There isn't a real reason to share the information around. Though someone from Celest was attempting to sell the previous one for gold.

  • OrtiOrti Member Posts: 100 Capable
    But the previous diary was posted on the forums. Why not just do the same thing?

  • LeradLerad Member Posts: 2,405 Transcendent
    I can understand the desire to see such things revealed and explored in-game rather than out. I personally agree with it too, whatever my own preferences in getting to read such things early. It certainly will give the game a little more of that special sense of fantasy that most of us play it for. Of course, the bulk of that has to be sought after by players, not just by restricting access to a wall of text in OOC web resources, but it does help a little. If nothing else, holding back on OOC avenues to find and read such things for a week or two after they are released is a good way to get the player base looking for it in-game, and perhaps finding some new avenues for RP or fun, as they should.

    Eventually, we do want such resources to be readily available, either via the in-game public library or via OOC web resources. Either for quick reference, or for just leisure reading. Could even be used as advertisement, but we're getting a little far afield.

    At any rate, what I'm trying to say is that the freshness that comes with new reveals and releases are sometimes a good source of mystery for the players. It can certainly frustrate those who do not have as wide a network to tap into, and some other individuals will naturally be left out (those who don't know an event went down, and don't know who to ask about to find out more etc) but as long as the information is not kept locked out of OOC resources indefinitely, I don't see a problem with temporarily restricting access to it outside of the game environment.

  • MoiMoi Member Posts: 1,213 Transcendent
    Qistrel said:
    The problem is, people seem to try to keep the books to their orgs. There isn't a real reason to share the information around. Though someone from Celest was attempting to sell the previous one for gold.
    I was selling copies of it to everyone that wanted them. You just got in trouble for sneaking into Celest to get a look at the library copy.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink Member Posts: 1,717 Transcendent
    edited January 2013
    I think selling copies is a good idea, provided it isn't too expensive. I was intending to say that you selling them was a good and useful thing!

    And, I got in trouble? No one told me I got in trouble for 'sneaking into Celest'. I walk through it all the time when doing pilgrims. Even shop there sometimes.
    Post edited by Qistrel on

  • TullyTully Member Posts: 170 Capable

    Estarra said:

    Yeah, well, it's just that I miss the excitement and buzz when someone calls everyone to the Basin for the first reading. As soon as a copy is made (and posted on the forums *cough*), there's really no big reveal because most people would have already read it.

    And, yes, I'm being selfish because it's the only enjoyment I get after writing these things (which takes an inordinately longer time than you may realize where I could be doing other things!).

    Estarra, gotta agree with that. I'm finding it harder and harder to find people willing to talk and instead go to forum rp. With the visions for instance everybody wanted to keep them secret within their orgs but every one was posted here and on Facebook.  The only one I got IC confirmation on was my own when somebody sent it to me IG.  Thankfully, I got some folks to show me the new area and fill me in on the battles.

    I don't understand why ever org is so secretive.  I could understand a single org like, say, Glomdoring, but it's like people want to both share the lore OOC and keep it private IC.  That leads to meta-gaming and "having your cake and eating it too" IMO.  I was hoping somebody would discuss them at my "not actual Thanksgiving" feasts, but alas.  Even the public news boards are shunned nowadays--the little IC war over the new area is the most active I've seen in a while.  I would think some orgs would want to share, at least in terms of being boastful if not based on true altruism--publish a translation of it in the library, get IG benefits, for instance.

    I managed to read the project cloudspout work to all in game (being the lucky guy who could read Orclach) and it was enlightening, and I had fun with it.   Maybe you need to create a new language that only Weeky or Miska can read, so someone has to take it there to be translated the first time.

    I understand the player enthusiasm and the want to discuss outside the game though--this is kind of why I also ask questions like "how are we changing how we play the games" and "why AFK seems more commonplace" or "why use of news has gone down over the years".  I truly wonder if the Internet is changing how we interact with media and sometimes I think we're getting afflicted with some kind of ADHD sort of complex.  


    [BANNERCODE]
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink Member Posts: 1,717 Transcendent
    I sent a wheel vision that mentioned angels to Telperion. And then promptly felt kinda traitorous about doing it, because no one else seemed to be sharing them.

    And now, I can't work out how to get hold of the new book. I missed whatever readings were done, and I'm not even sure if I can start asking people about it, because IG my character hasn't even been told there's a second book...and she has no real reason to think there is one, as the Time Dames didn't strike her as the type to keep diaries.

  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens. Member Posts: 3,867 Transcendent
    I must say a huge thank you to whoever took the time to sit and write that. When I was reading through it I was utterly gobsmacked at the sheer length and depth to which it went.

    Then I realised that was only page one o.O

    The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

    You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!


    image
Sign In or Register to comment.