Goldflation IV

Okay, the two big components are out of the way: promotional items and mines. I have noticed the credit market gold prices have already fallen. I've heard some concerns that gold and comms are now too rare, hard to come by and/or expensive to craft. I think it is too early to tell, so I'm skeptical that that's really true. But I also think and market forces will eventually cause prices to settle. Thus, I'm not sure we should add more gold sinks right away until we see what happens over time but if you have some good ideas for gold sinks, please post them here or recap other ideas that you think are good.

Regarding aethergoop, I have heard that more things need to be done with them and I would like to add more things to do with aethergoop. I wouldn't mind more crafting options for consumable items made with aethergoop, especially for tailoring and jewelry (since they are the more popular common crafting skills). For tailoring, I'm thinking consumable scarves would be neat (though not sure what they'd do). For jewelry, perhaps consumable buttons. I also thought enchantment could create fireworks but not sure what they would do either. Ideas welcome!

Also, I wouldn't object to suggestions to make wheel spins more attractive. FYI, wheel spins should not give out items that are tradeable; rather, they should stick to the player who spun.

Comments

• I wouldn't worry about comms yet, I closed my shop as did Ixchigal, eventually I will reopen it and I will say I have no shortage of most commodities and that will last for some time. Not that you probably want to hear gold going to a player but I am a stockpiler, I really do not spend and when I do, it is on my manse so ya.

so as it stands, right now aethergoop can be used to make candies (I admit I do not know too much about these) and tonics.

maybe your scarf idea can be like a captains scarf and combateers scarf and like the other buffs for an hour up your powers by a %

as for jewelry maybe medals that up your influncing powers depending on which type of medal you have. or just make it easy and have it increase esteem by a %.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• edited August 2016
    One thing I noticed when I did some recent wheel spinning was a general lack of curio pieces.  It may simply have been a matter of the RNG this last go-around, but I think the Wheel would be an excellent way to source out the rarer curio series.

I note that this explicitly contradicts the 'must not be tradeable' mandate, and so that may be why I saw no curio results.  But if curio rewards are deemed acceptable, I would suggest that "X Czigany Curios" should never include what's available in the credit-purchasable curio packages.

Perhaps now and again, the Wheel could produce a small number of iron coins?  1 iron coin uncommonly, 3 iron coins rarely?

I'd like to see Aethergoop-into-Wondercrystals, but would suggest it go for a premium.

For that matter, I'm not a big fan of limited-opportunity items, so I wouldn't mind seeing various previous promotional items be made into an Aethergoop recipe.  If need be, we could set a limit a la Wonderitems (no more than one of each).  So make the solstice stocking available, but make sure a given character can only have one.  Make an Aethergoop recipe for solstice mints/coal, again limiting each character to one formed item from each series.  As with the wondercrystals, these recipes could be set at a premium.

Heck, I'd love to see a recipe for the commemorative iron vial.

Then there's always new base items and org-themed descriptions for more artifacts, of course.  I expect this to be one of the most likely solutions selected.

• Oh yeah, I'd love to be able to get some of the previous limited time arties like the sigil runes.
  • edited August 2016
    Hey Estarra, just want to start this off with I do like the changes, however I just noticed this for aethergoop conversions from plain artifact to goop item, specifically the vials and the pipes:

So to convert an item from an artifact to goop, it costs 1000 goop, however the vials are only 800 goop and the pipes are 1000 goop each. So if we want to convert to goop we're paying double in the case of pipes, and more than double for vials than if we had just bought them as goop items to begin with. Now, I really don't want these items to go up in price but right now as much as I want the goop ones, I can't see myself paying double for what is, to me, a limited resource. 

In speaking with others, it has been suggested that transformation perhaps be lowered to 500 goop so while you're paying a premium, it's not double the cost or more. If it can't/wont be done, I guess I'll just look at them and wish one day to have the extra resources to do it.

************************[ Aethergoop Items Available ]*************************
    ID    Description                            Goop Cost     Value 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    11    a steam-driven pipe                         1000      50cr
    12    a stag's antler pipe                        1000      50cr
    13    a Wyrden pipe of ravenwood                  1000      50cr
    14    a righteous bong pipe                       1000      50cr
    15    a pristine gentleman's pipe                 1000      50cr
    16    a fluted coral pipe                         1000      50cr
    *******************************************************************************

<div>************************[ Aethergoop Items Available ]*************************</div><div>ID &nbsp; &nbsp;Description &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Goop Cost &nbsp; &nbsp; Value&nbsp;</div><div>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------</div><div>63 &nbsp; &nbsp;a ghostly vial of ancestral spirits &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;800 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;40cr</div><div>64 &nbsp; &nbsp;an ornate cherub skull vial &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;800 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;40cr</div><div>65 &nbsp; &nbsp;an overcast vial of churning storms &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;800 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;40cr</div><div>66 &nbsp; &nbsp;a nebulous vial of coruscating wate &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;800 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;40cr</div><div>67 &nbsp; &nbsp;a sombre vial of thorns veiled in s &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;800 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;40cr</div><div>68 &nbsp; &nbsp;a draconic vial of shifting color &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;800 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;40cr</div><div>*******************************************************************************

Edit: Forums hate me, hope the post is formatted correctly at this point.</div>

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Can't you just make the goop vials and pipes and trade in the runed vials and pipes?
  • Falmiis said:
    Can't you just make the goop vials and pipes and trade in the runed vials and pipes?
    I have a harder time getting goop than credits, but sure I guess I could just do that. I'm still at a loss no matter.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Actually, the fact that these arties are so cheap works in your favour. The 1000 goop is something you'd have to pay no matter what artifact you're trying to transform, but here you actually have the option of getting some credits back and in the case of the vials, actually pay a bit less goop.
  • I put it forward, I leave it up to Estarra (and co). 

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Unless, of course, the transformation price is dropped to 500 goop (which is 10 days of hitting the cap just to reskin an artifact you already bought with credits).  I don't particularly see an issue with adjusting the price of transforms a bit, especially taking into account the low-cost goop artifacts.

Transforms are a pretty limited sink anyways (I already have almost every transform that there is at this point :p ).  The better sinks are ongoing costs like Estarra is suggesting adding to the existing candies.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    If you're looking for more aethergoop options, please consider reskins for hunting companions. I just want a hunting poodle. I will be happy with any currency option that makes that possible.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Couple of lines of thought here:

I don't know if the admin are able to track what people have been trading their goop in for, but removing the rarely created things and adding new ones would be great.

Adding new things like Czigany mounts, the artifacts that expand expands rift, maybe even simple things like pipe/vial/fesix runes would be great.

Also something we need: dingbat sink. With all these dingbat mine returns, people are running around with piles of sticky dingbats and nothing amazingly interesting to spend them on

Would it be possible to turn dingbats into goop or vice versa?

Also an idea: allowing credit artifacts to be bought for dingbats at a markup, and vice versa. Can't get ahold of 150 dingbats for a nose? Pay 225 credits for it with BUY NOSE FROM JEREMIAH WITH CREDITS.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Not for me personally, but I know a lot of people would be interested in a way to convert goop to discontinued dolls, especially the ones that don't already belong to the presents table.