DC Meet

Hey! So, I will be visiting @Acrune from November 11 to November 19 and would love to meet some new people. If you're in the DC area and interested in meeting up, please post and let us know when you're free and where you'd like to go/things you'd like to do!  Acrune and I are ironing out some plans but nothing is set in stone yet.   I'm also making @Neos show up!

Comments

• would love to but will be just coming home from Michigan from two conventions the weekend of the 12th =\ darn the luck because have been waiting for the chance at another DC meet too!
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• If it is a weekend, then there is a chance I may be able to come hang out with you lot. I live just outside of DC myself.
  • DC Meet with most likely be on Saturday, November 12th so clear your schedule! I am now expecting you so you better show up or I'll be super sad!
  • Lyora said:
    DC Meet with most likely be on Saturday, November 12th so clear your schedule! I am now expecting you so you better show up or I'll be super sad!
    I'll tell all of my baes they will have to take a day off from me that day, then. (Let me know when there are more details!)
  • Hey, so I'm kinda failing at organizing this because work has been busy and I seriously have no idea what there is to do in DC. Personally, I want to see all the iconic monuments but I've been told that most people have already done that. I don't want to bore everyone so please post suggestions if you'd like to do anything! @Acrune suggested we could meet at the national mall which has Smithsonian stuff and monuments and a trail along the Potomac (no idea what any of that means). @Manteekan please help us! I don't want you to not come because you find me boring!!
  • @Iosen and I would come, but there's no way our van could survive the three hour trip :( 

(Just saying, there's a cat cafe in DC :D )

• I've been to the monuments, but I am down for whatever. I'm actually still relatively new to the area and rarely go into the city. I'm in for whatever!
  • Lyora said:
    Hey, so I'm kinda failing at organizing this because work has been busy and I seriously have no idea what there is to do in DC. Personally, I want to see all the iconic monuments but I've been told that most people have already done that. I don't want to bore everyone so please post suggestions if you'd like to do anything! @Acrune suggested we could meet at the national mall which has Smithsonian stuff and monuments and a trail along the Potomac (no idea what any of that means). @Manteekan please help us! I don't want you to not come because you find me boring!!
    The National Mall and adjacent tidal basin are where most of the monuments can be found and also a large number of the Smithsonian museums. There are literal days worth of stuff to do just around that area, and what is there tends to change and update every so often, so I wouldn't worry too much about retreading old ground for people.
  • *whisper* Cat Cafe.

• We're looking at getting to the National Mall at 10 am, and spending the day in DC. Post if you can make it! All meeting at 10 is easiest, but if you can't make it until later, we can figure something out.
  • To confirm, this is 11/12, yeah? If so, I can't make it :<
  • Works for me. Where on the National Mall were you lot thinking?
  • Kalaneya said:
    To confirm, this is 11/12, yeah? If so, I can't make it :<
    Yeah, sorry :( Let us know if that changes!

Manteekan said:
    Works for me. Where on the National Mall were you lot thinking?
    Middle part of the Enid A Haupt Garden, by the Smithsonian Metro Station looks like an easy meeting place.
  • I'm planning to be there Saturday if people will be around. 
  • People will be around!
  • Hi! I'm always up for Lusternian shenanigans! Though I will be traveling to NY on the 17th-18th. 

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Orventa said:
    Hi! I'm always up for Lusternian shenanigans! Though I will be traveling to NY on the 17th-18th. 
    So does that mean you're in on the 12th?
  • edited November 2016
    Acrune said:
    Orventa said:
    Hi! I'm always up for Lusternian shenanigans! Though I will be traveling to NY on the 17th-18th. 
    So does that mean you're in on the 12th?
    Yes :smiley: 

Also, don't know if any of these events strikes your fancy, but here's a calendar of local events https://brightestyoungthings.com/agenda

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
  • In light of certain events, the safety of this meet has been brought to my attention.  If anyone who is planning to attend this meet feels unsafe about meeting in DC and would like it relocated, please PM me privately. 

As it currently stands, the meet is still scheduled to take place in DC.

• DC is for the most part liberal in climate. If anything there are plenty of groups more than happy to close ranks and protect than harm. There will be a candle vigil at the white house on the evening of the 12th, but that's about it so far. (My friends who are regular organizers say it's a time for planning the long game than immediate blind action just right now, at least).

• Thanks for the update! Been seeing protests in other cities, but only the one the night of the election so far in DC. Lets definitely keep an eye out!
  • We can always take the metro into another part of the city if things are interrupted.
  • Have we agreed on a time/place? Pete's Bbq Again?

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I think I was promised some hax in return for my attendance, so I shall be there!
  • were the promised hax leet?
  • Acrune said:
    Kalaneya said:
    To confirm, this is 11/12, yeah? If so, I can't make it :<
    Yeah, sorry :( Let us know if that changes!

Manteekan said:
    Works for me. Where on the National Mall were you lot thinking?
    Middle part of the Enid A Haupt Garden, by the Smithsonian Metro Station looks like an easy meeting place.

@Orventa
  • Also, 10 am
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Krackenor said:
    were the promised hax leet?
    I hope so!
  • Just to make sure we don't forget to wait for anyone, roll call!

Meeting at 10 - Me, @Lyora, @Kaimanahi, @Manteekan, @Orventa

Joining later - @Neos, @Thax

If I got something wrong, let me know, otherwise see you all tomorrow!

• You all better take pictures!