Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia!

Comments

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Oh, sniped. Well, whatever. You guys really shouldn't have even believed me enough to make Silvanus do an explicit claim.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Oh come on not again with the sniping.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    The group descends upon @Portius, using metal to chain him up, and then taking turns beating him. Somewhere along the flurry of fists, he dies, body going limp.

Portius was...

OZAI

Second born son of Azulon, brother of General Iroh, father of Azula and Zuko, you are the Fire Lord, leader of the Fire Nation. You also are the main antagonist for the Avatar: The Last Airbender series. Your goal is to take control of the world by any means necessary and you will shun or otherwise rid yourself of anyone who dishonors you or gets in your way. There are several others who hold your ideals, and you are able to talk with them at night. You are also able to coordinate with others from the Fire Nation the murder of one individual per night. If you are the one personally performing the kill, you may choose to kill using either fire or lightning. The method of the kill does make a difference. Azula also has the option to kill using fire or lightning. Mai and Ty Lee have non-bender kill methods if you choose them instead. You are the Fire Lord, so you can choose who performs kills. To do so, you must send me a message, bolded, that says

ORDER <mafia> KILL <person> [WITH <lightning, fire>]

So, for example...

ORDER MAI KILL <person>
    ORDER AZULA KILL <person> WITH LIGHTNING
    ORDER ZUKO KILL <person>

YOU WIN WITH THE FIRE NATION.

---

IT IS NOW NIGHT TWO!

Night Two will end on May 18th at 11:59PM!

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    edited May 2017
    The sun rises the next morning, light glinting off the metal knives lodged into trees and the ground. Looking around to account for any new bodies, the group notices that Sylandra is nowhere to be seen. After a few hours of searching, you all come to the conclusion that Sylandra is not dead. Just not here.

IT IS NOW DAY THREE!

(Day Three will end May 24th at 11:59 PM EST.)

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch!

• Curious - do we think this is the mafia's doing, or were they blocked?
  • Ok then. Who's been tossing the cutlery around?
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Yomoigu is team avatar
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Not dead but missing is curious. Could she come back?
  • Well that's...mysterious.
  • Metal bender?
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
    Or her disappearance is related to the fact there were no deaths. We still have 14 alive and 8 to lynch. 
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Anything weird happen to anyone last night?
  • Didn't notice anybody target me last night, but I switched over to being Survivor now, will switch again to officially Team Avatar next day phase. And since I feel like I need to get ahead of this before somebody else brings it up, since I switched now and Ozai is dead, Selenity let me know that Portius could have had me perform the scums night kills on the first two nights while I counted as a Fire Nation memeber. Just to be clear though I was never part of the night chat, and they can't order me around anymore.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    Well, I was wrong about Portius.  It is interesting that his role explicitly mentions Azula, Mai and Ty Lee. One of the examples also has Zuko doing the killing.

I still think it was good to get Silvanus to say more about his role. Ultimately, he is third party so his interests are not necessarily aligned with ours, or he would just outright be part of Team Avatar.
  • I don't think I was targeted last night, but it's hard to be sure. I have no information to offer. So I'm just going to toss out a vote based on little information.

vote: Breandryn

My reasoning is admittedly flimsy, but Breandryn's involvement seems pretty marginal and following a pretty typical script. Stay quiet, explain why they've been quiet when prompted, ask routine questions about "did anyone see anything?" 

Silvanus is, as always, a solid choice without better options.
  • My guess for Sylandra is that Mai attacked her in an attempt to kill but Sylandra was protected somehow
    A survivor can easily align with Team Avatar if you guys are winning.

And you are winning because of me and Fyler still thinks I am a good option?

Just because I can win with Team Avatar does not mean I am here to sabotage your town, like the way you would play. I outed myself early, led the way on the head Mafia, look somewhere else.

Also, getting a lynch built today will be hard, since there are technically only 13 players active today, so with 3 mafia members out there (or 4, based on the rolesheet), we would need just about every town member or even the third party roles like myself, Shaddus or Lehki to vote with your Town to even get a lynch.

So again, third party is not useless in this setup and you need us to force numbers.

I would suggest using the lie detector on Fyler, Zitto, Eldanien or Breandryn. Those are next on my list of who to Track, as I said before, Yomoigu is Team Avatar.
  • Nothing happened to me either that I noticed.
  • I am asking about night activity for a particular reason. I win with Team Avatar.
  • Because cheesy joke is cheesy:

NOT MY OZAI!

So does anyone disagree with the notion that there are three mafia remaining?  Azula, Mai, Ty Lee...?

I wonder.  With the mafia leader gone, do you suppose the remaining mafia would continue to have the ability to night kill?  I could see any of the three having some ability to kill independently, though most particularly Azula.  Also possible, Azula may inherit Ozai's position.

Hm.

I have a couple of notions of what may have happened to Sylandra (pure conjecture based on origin material).  But nothing really useful.  I have no new hard facts.  Nothing happened to me last night.

• I win with Team Avatar.

• Silvanus said:
    A survivor can easily align with Team Avatar if you guys are winning.

And you are winning because of me and Fyler still thinks I am a good option?

Just because I can win with Team Avatar does not mean I am here to sabotage your town, like the way you would play. I outed myself early, led the way on the head Mafia, look somewhere else.

Also, getting a lynch built today will be hard, since there are technically only 13 players active today, so with 3 mafia members out there (or 4, based on the rolesheet), we would need just about every town member or even the third party roles like myself, Shaddus or Lehki to vote with your Town to even get a lynch.

So again, third party is not useless in this setup and you need us to force numbers.

I would suggest using the lie detector on Fyler, Zitto, Eldanien or Breandryn. Those are next on my list of who to Track, as I said before, Yomoigu is Team Avatar.

You're on our side so long as we're winning, and we don't necessarily know when you flip. You're not here to sabotage, you're here to win just like we are. The key difference between you and the town is that your target moves where as ours is static. It's simple numbers: lynching a townie moves us closer to a mafia victory, lynching you does not. You will always remain a solid fallback choice because of these realities. You don't win with us, you win in spite of us. Yes it is important.

"Like you would play." All the roffles and the lolz. I won the meta mafia game as a survivor by supporting the town. At no point did I try to sabotage town, nor have I argued you are currently sabotaging town. Shooting blanks there, friend. 

If there's any real question about how leaving third parties alive can be detrimental to the town, I encourage you all to read the Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover game. 

All that being said, I didn't vote for you. 

I would not suggest using the lie detector on me, it's better served elsewhere. @Czixi I know what you are, rather I should say I know what you are not and I would like to poke and prod you to confirm that I'm not a good target.

• Eldanien said:
    Because cheesy joke is cheesy:

NOT MY OZAI!

So does anyone disagree with the notion that there are three mafia remaining?  Azula, Mai, Ty Lee...?

I wonder.  With the mafia leader gone, do you suppose the remaining mafia would continue to have the ability to night kill?  I could see any of the three having some ability to kill independently, though most particularly Azula.  Also possible, Azula may inherit Ozai's position.

Hm.

I have a couple of notions of what may have happened to Sylandra (pure conjecture based on origin material).  But nothing really useful.  I have no new hard facts.  Nothing happened to me last night.
    It's probably just going to fall to Azula to decide who to kill now, yeah.

I would have guessed lightning was a strongman ability, but based on how Ozai's flip was worded, and what Portius was trying to sell us with being immune to either fire or lightning, I'm thinking that there might actually be different types of protections that only work against specific kill types? So not only are we trying to guess scum targets we're also playing rock-paper-scissors with them, I think?

I'd also guess that at least Mai and Ty Lee might have non-killing powers they can use when they're not the killer for that night. 
  • ... Why would you listen to ANYTHING Portius was trying to feed us?
  • Mainly because the way the Ozai flip was worded implied it. It said Ozai himself can kill with Fire or Lightning, but gave no explanation of the difference, just that it mattered. And the best lies have some bit of truth in them.
  • I got something you can detect, @Falaeron
  • @Tremula is Azula. I investigated her night one but had to wait for a restriction to not be in play
  • Who did you investigate last night?
  • @Fyler - what was my reaction to you trying to find out about me?