It would be great to have a testing mode in the arena where we could try sequences against a dummy/zombie/hologram/flesh creature that could be afflicted like a player but just stood there and autocured. Maybe with a way to report its stats and affs.
Masochism goes a long way in testing but doesn't cover quite enough and I always feel guilty about boring other players when I'm testing as they have to stand there as I flail to fix my horrible code.
That's probably already really complicated but possible extensions could make the dummy somewhat configurable. Like:
- different health, regen and resists ( two levels - basic and max arti'd demi would be enough)
- dummy tries to web you every balance
- dummy tries to move one room to escape instakills, or tries to flee.
- config dummy's autocured priorities like you can configure your own
- two players Vs one dummy to test coordinating skills.