Wonderbrazier Purify

13»

Comments

• I like that idea actually. 
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I like Ixion's idea best
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Yikes. It needs to cost power, elsewise someone trying to meld is going to find someone truegrounding against them for 0p a losing prospect.

• Maligorn said:
    Yikes. It needs to cost power, elsewise someone trying to meld is going to find someone truegrounding against them for 0p a losing prospect.
    comment withheld, but do listen to this.
  • edited March 2019
    I don't see a problem, using TG costs more time, not less, at the cost of power. Any combat situation would be better served by using allied melder meld type. Undoing, then another balance to change again for 1p anyway wasted precious time to get meld control. 

Speed > 1power in any meld situation IMO. I guess disagreeing means you think the inverse.
  • Although if we don't have a melder and you do, it would be fine to use power free trueground to block you from melding
  • edited March 2019
    Are you suggesting that if one group has a melder and other side does not, there's any difficulty or delay whatsoever in melding?

Either way, sure let's follow this logic. If you don't have a melder, you can't break a meld so there's no possibility of blocking once melded. If meld is not down yet for some reason, allies can just censer and TG would do nothing differently to hinder control the same as any other situation.

Edit: re-worded for clarity.
  • Okay imagine if you will. Maligorn is melding for you guys and he makes everything his terrain. We don't have a melder but we kill him which breaks his entire meld. We can then rush to trueground the area (costing no power) so when he comes back, he has to re-terrain everything costing time and power.
  • I mean, it's already like that to begin with, the only change would be power-free rather than power cost.
  • Trueground takes much, MUCH longer than mage terrains to recover from, and costs 2p instead of 1p for mage terrains. If you don't have a mage or a censer, getting rid of someone's terrain before they can get back and start melding is... uh, you'd have to split up your group, frankly.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • edited March 2019
    Right but they are proposing making trueground (with new purify) faster and cost 0 power
  • edited March 2019
    Snald said:
    Okay imagine if you will. Maligorn is melding for you guys and he makes everything his terrain. We don't have a melder but we kill him which breaks his entire meld. We can then rush to trueground the area (costing no power) so when he comes back, he has to re-terrain everything costing time and power.

Time is a non-factor. You can already do this with censer. A few power after melder dies doesn't seem particularly relevant. But hey, put it behind masochism, problem solved if you think it'll actually matter. Yay free area clears of taint-knockoffs.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Idk about you, but if there's a melder in the room trying to terrain, I'm going to try and hinder or focus them. That leaves Trueground McBrazierman time to recover balance before I'm able to hit meld.

I just don't see any argument for it being 0p. It also means that people can (annoyingly) strip defensive terrain in areas like Celestia, Vortex, Continuum for no cost, and if they don't hit anything it's unlikely they'll be caught - which if nothing else is a PITA to replace.

I will say that I do like Trueground+ as a replacement for Purify. Just not Truground+++. My opinion is that it should remain 2p but have a shorter bal, and of course give it infinite charges.

• Dropping to 1 power seems fine to me too. I just think 0 power is something that could be too much
  • Going to go with trueground, 2p still but 4s eq as opposed to 8s.
  • Implemented
This discussion has been closed.