Would you be willing to help build a new commune, if Serenwilde & Glomdoring were deleted ?

edited May 2019 in Common Grounds
There's been a lot of talk lately on a lot of different ways to fix condensing the player base. A lot of people have agreed that a - new - forest org would be a wonderful way to compromise between Glomdoring & Serenwilde.

I'm really curious though, how many would be willing & happy to actually spend time and pitch in to help create a brand new org and lessen the work load on the creator & staffs end.

Wether it's creating rooms, scripting, exploring the lore or just spending time helping in other ways I can't foresee.

Would you give of your time to help create a new commune if Glomdoring & Serenwilde were deleted ?

Please do share your thoughts.

It's a resounding yes on my end, I would love to give time to help bring a project like this to life.

PS: I'd set it as a pole but I have no idea how.

Edit for Shaddus: - Yes 100% unique. You would take elements from Glom & Seren. But this wouldn't be Glom 2.0 or Seren 2.0.

Comments

• I still like the idea of, in crisis, the two forests doing an ultra-hai and summoning the Tree of Trees to come land in the Inner Sea and spread massive roots around
  • Enya said:
    I still like the idea of, in crisis, the two forests doing an ultra-hai and summoning the Tree of Trees to come land in the Inner Sea and spread massive roots around
    I would love that, I've already outlined my love of faethorn. But I would help regardless of the creation. My heart would go out towards a 100% original creation, not just a revival of a - lost - commune. Something that blooms from the chaos in a way nobody expected.

...Kind of like Glomdoring came to be <3
  • Now I'm imagining MMT and MRW doing the fusion dance.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I would be willing to be part of such a project. As with the guilds, destroying something should replace it with something new.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Yea I'm in the boat of just deleting orgs and leaving things hanging is the worst option. So any option that involved merging, remaking or crafting something new like this sounds way way better to me.
  • I'd be down to help in building a new org, especially a new celest/halli all must assimilate type org. Very religious, very conquesty. So zealous. But there's that while coding thing, and considering lusternias coders number 1 and sometimes slightly more than 1, I feel expectations need to be realistic to not burn everyone out.
  • While yes it would be a lot of work to make entirely new orgs, it seems to me that the only possibilities that will have anything like a good outcome will require a lot of work anyways. Can't be looking to pump out a quick change or one-and-done bandaid: see Covenants.. and Guild Overhaul... and Combat Overhaul. Need to be in it all the way and follow through. 
  • Enya said:
    While yes it would be a lot of work to make entirely new orgs, it seems to me that the only possibilities that will have anything like a good outcome will require a lot of work anyways. Can't be looking to pump out a quick change or one-and-done bandaid: see Covenants.. and Guild Overhaul... and Combat Overhaul. Need to be in it all the way and follow through. 

Yea this is pretty much it.

What ever the choice "too much work" should not be a reason for the admin to reject anything when it comes to a decision this big.

Something this big, deleting orgs, is a bigger deal than the entire combat overhaul and should be given the attention and work it deserves.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Synl said:
    I'd be down to help in building a new org, especially a new celest/halli all must assimilate type org. Very religious, very conquesty. So zealous. But there's that while coding thing, and considering lusternias coders number 1 and sometimes slightly more than 1, I feel expectations need to be realistic to not burn everyone out.
    Were you the one who suggested a purity directive as the unifying concept? I really liked that.

• It’s been mentioned repeatedly before that there’s a relatively simple way to merge the communes. It’s called Faethorn we already drop everything the moment something happens there, just need to make a story line where that becomes permanent 
  • edited May 2019
    Saran said:
    It’s been mentioned repeatedly before that there’s a relatively simple way to merge the communes. It’s called Faethorn we already drop everything the moment something happens there, just need to make a story line where that becomes permanent 
    Oh I know, I'm just not locking myself into a - specifique - situation for this question. You saw my outline for Faethorn, the Heart of Nature.

I'm more curious about how many people would be willing to contribute and push forward a project like this to help nurture & grow Lusternia in a new direction.

It also feels nice for us to stand up and say to the Admins.

We are here, we are happy to help & you dont have to do this alone.

Please reach out <3
  • Maligorn said:
    Synl said:
    I'd be down to help in building a new org, especially a new celest/halli all must assimilate type org. Very religious, very conquesty. So zealous. But there's that while coding thing, and considering lusternias coders number 1 and sometimes slightly more than 1, I feel expectations need to be realistic to not burn everyone out.
    Were you the one who suggested a purity directive as the unifying concept? I really liked that.
    Nope, but I like it. At first I was shipping Mag-Halli, but I think Mag and Gaudi would actually work really well exploring the 'choose your own path' venue. Temper Mag's trope for evil city with the power of individual will. Which forces Halli with Celest, but then I realized that would be fun, too. Also puts a science-religious org on each side. 
  • If Admin wanted rooms/mobs/progs help, sure, I'd help write.
  • Maligorn said:
    Synl said:
    I've seen a Celest/Gaudi one that reminds me of?

There's also the suggestion I mentioned for a Dynaric/Divinus themed org that would merge Celest and Halli against the Magnoran/Excorable themed merger of Mag and Gaudi.
  • Saran said:
    It’s been mentioned repeatedly before that there’s a relatively simple way to merge the communes. It’s called Faethorn we already drop everything the moment something happens there, just need to make a story line where that becomes permanent 
    New org IS Faethorn? :D That'd be cool we all move to ethereal and live there.
  • Prime can burn <3  we have faethorn  o:)
  • The idea of living on Faethorn itself is novel, but just wouldn't work with current planar layouts. I believe I've made a suggestion on how this could work in response to Afollia's idea in the large thread about this.
  • edited May 2019
    Well, I imagine you'd either create a prime component over time or just do stuff in the two forests that creates links between them. (like, there's weird ethereal paths so one moment you're in Seren and then you've stepped across the world through ethereal and into Glom)

But like, let's be honest in some ways all the admin may need to do is have Maeve say "I'm claiming your forests as my turf FOR NATURE" and they could implement the changes necessary for the merge. (you'd work that out beforehand obviously)

Edit: (post was in response to @Deichtine and @Afollia)
    The reason why the suggestion is coupled with keeping both forests is because that seems to involve the minimum effort (you create the new org then assign all org property of the forests to that org), you could have some plot to make a place that's faethorn on prime later one but that seems a project you could do over time rather than necessary for the initial implementation.
  • Makai said:
    As stated prior, if building the areas is the hard part, there are people willing to be mortal builders, but the true hard part of it is going back into everything and adding said new org to everything as a reference point, skillsets, flavor lines, and probably some other things I'm missing. It's not impossible, but it will take a very long time to pull this off in an acceptable fashion, to the players and the admin's satisfaction. I like Afollia's idea a bit, kind of blends in a lot of things already discussed here (merging communes and some kind of doomsday event as the topics already discussed) to try and put something forward. Things would definitely need to be tweaked, as I don't think setting up 'home' in Faethorn is wise. Vote weight and such is calculated by time on Prime in a formula, as well as Faethorn being the literal hub of the Elemental planes. Not to mention this new commune idea could essentially just put guards on the archways and kill anybody trying to go to faethorn, and with only 3 real entry methods (2 Elemental archways and Tolborolla) it could easily station enough guards at each to instantly kill anybody to step through, giving an absolutely perfect defense.

Suggestion would be to just let the new commune use the effective Seren and Glom space, all the fluff rooms included, as their Prime plane. Let the old nexii act as a gateway to the Tree of Trees to be the ethereal connection. Have an emote action at the Tree of Trees to go to your nexus world, all that would be left is to find a reasonable way to put the new essence either in Faethorn itself or a publicly accessible archway. The Well could be the conversion method, and just let grey essence be the org essence, requires far less coding that way since it already does this, or at least did the in the past.
  • edited May 2019
    Makai said:
    The idea of living on Faethorn itself is novel, but just wouldn't work with current planar layouts. I believe I've made a suggestion on how this could work in response to Afollia's idea in the large thread about this.
    Oh absolutly, I'm not push - my - idea. I'm just poking fun at myself.

This thread is about showing support for a brand new commune creation to help bring both communities togheter. No matter what the decided creation is, so long as the creation is 100% original.

Edit: It's one thing to say there - are - many people willing to build. It's another for those people to step up  to volunteer <3, which is what i'm trying to provide the occasion to do here
  • Right, which is totally fine and agreeable, I'm just bringing over the information and ideas that I shared in the other thread to help further this idea.
  • This is all very cute, but overall, doomed. Serenwilde and Glomdoring, despite having Faethorn as a common ground, are still, at their core, anathema to each other.

Serenwilde wants to return to purity. Glomdoring wants to change via the Wyrd. Any merger would require either the Wyrd be present (which tilts the org's identity into Glom's favour), or be cleansed (which tilt's things into Seren's camp). 
    WHY WE FIGHT
    Accountability is necessary.
  • edited May 2019
    This is all very cute, but overall, doomed. Serenwilde and Glomdoring, despite having Faethorn as a common ground, are still, at their core, anathema to each other.

Serenwilde wants to return to purity. Glomdoring wants to change via the Wyrd. Any merger would require either the Wyrd be present (which tilts the org's identity into Glom's favour), or be cleansed (which tilt's things into Seren's camp). 
    Or you could create a purifying force called Nat'Ure of La'nd - After an explosive cataclysm, it crawls across the land devouring & purifying the evil creations of the cities that defile the the Nat'Ural wonders of Lusternia. It's beating heart at the center of the first world pulses over in waves as it attunes and ''accepts'' people. Queen Maeve's ever extending reach will reclaim & restore the original aspect of Nat'Ure, forever banishing the influences of the outer planes (Cosmic & beyond). Sealing away the world from the evils that would seek to destroy it.

Those that aren't attuned to the call of Nat'Ure must be purified for the sake of Queen Maeve's plans & the safety of the 1st world. 

Let's make Celest & Magnagora crumble with vengeful all Nat'Ural wrath

Edit: You can tell my name is totally original & not at all derived of something else.
  • What you're describing already exists, it is called Hai'Gloh.
  • The lines are so blurred and pointless that people have regularly struggled to find a reason for why we’re opposed that isn’t just “we’re meant to be”.

Following seren lore, we actually fail in our mission if we cause Glom to be unable or unwilling to help protect nature the umpteenth time something happens because so many events reinforce that Glom is an equal part of nature and we need them as a result.
  • And I contest that Seren is fundamentally about a "return" to anything, as opposed to a progressive goal. The idea of a pure nature unspoiled by people is a wholly ooc sentiment about earth. The Soulless have existed as long as all of creation, and the various elements of creation including the animals are an artefact of people, if not shards and their various pollutions.
  • Also also if you’re reworking this you can do something like...

”nature is ultimately about balance and the greatest example is between the balance that should exist between the creative and destructive forces of the multiverse”

• Saran said:
    The lines are so blurred and pointless that people have regularly struggled to find a reason for why we’re opposed that isn’t just “we’re meant to be”.

Following seren lore, we actually fail in our mission if we cause Glom to be unable or unwilling to help protect nature the umpteenth time something happens because so many events reinforce that Glom is an equal part of nature and we need them as a result.

Half the lore for why glom and seren are against each other just feels to me to be Hey our moon/night bird/beast is better than your night/moon/beast/bird.
  • edited May 2019
    There have been concerted efforts to clarify the differences over the years that have been shot down.

Id say that nature is motion and diversity, and that's why Seren is against Glom, whose ethos ends with domination, thereby eliminating both diversity and change. As all the other orgs would in differing ways.