I've deleted the thread on wonder crystal ideas because it got derailed and that was not my intention. I'd like to clarify here that I never said Lusternia would never participate in monthly promotions but apologize to anyone who misconstrued what I meant. I had said we wouldn't devote as much development time to promotions but would participate where we can.
That said, we still need to generate revenue to justify having paid staff, therefore I will be looking at future promotions. However much it would be nice that everything is free or that sales could be maintained without running promotions, the reality is that it's something we need to entertain in the future. Again, my focus will be on not taking away from development and hope you understand this and help come up with ideas.
Please do not derail this thread. I'll just delete posts that aren't constructive. Thanks!
The ability/an item to generate chocolate or honeycomb comms, and use them in designs.
To have a way to make new templates for designs.
A way to remove specific characters from my CHARACTERS list.
A way to put power back into astral nodes.
A way to switch between alchemy and enchanting without having to switch between lowmagic and highmagic.
A way to gauge the general activity level of my chosen (or future) divine.
A way to gauge the health/ego of a mob I'm bashing/influencing.
A use for earwort/faeleaf.
Growing new herbs on Air/Fire.
Some event which would shake up the current alliances and prevent new ones from forming.
A thread on the forums where I can express my anger at various issues pertaining to Lusternia without it being closed because people are worried that the game will look bad/sound toxic.
An artifact that lets me redescribe a mount without having to make it a full custom beast that loses its inherent.
theatre due to the snowy weather.
1) Purchase of wondercrystals (again)
2) Purchase of presents (again)
3) Purchase of fortune cookies
4) Genie curio packs (though should just be released as is)
theatre due to the snowy weather.
If this is true I have to ask why? No game ever punishes you for reaching endgame content.
The goal is that everyone can get 20 credits in 2 hours. We've purposefully scaled some things up to encourage newbies to do them rather than demigods and we've added some modifiers (for hunting and influencing for instance) so that newbies can effectively get the same rate as demigods. The idea being that demigods are hunting/influencing harder things worth more points while newbies are hunting/influencing things worth less points.
We used the great hunt tiers as our determining factors for the scaling, so it's not perfect and people right before demigod may be more effective than people at demigod, but we had the draw the line somewhere.
How did the gnewpie promo go? Is it worth bringing back?
@Lavinya is on point with micro transactions. Small convenience items, added up, could end up selling more than one groundbreaking but pricey idea. I would add that micros are a brilliant way to get newbies invested early on in the game.
Some ideas based on / plagiarized from the above threads:
Not all conveniences should be behind a paywall, but I respect that coding takes resources. You could have an "early bird" model where you could sell a micro arti for $5 for one month only, watch it get snapped up, and then release it as a free feature for everybody a year or two later. Especially if you're transparent that that's what you're going to do, I really don't see people getting upset about this as long as the price point remains fairly low.
- Beast saddles. Put them on a beast, they add an extra section to the description, just like hair curios do for players (@Portius)
- An artifact to spy on one's own org's nexii (@Steingrim)
- A way for designers to share possible designs with clients (so they don't have to use letters or Pastebin) (@Aeldra)
- A "gallery artifact" that allows manse rooms to show a lot more than just 1 painting at a time (@Aeldra)
- A portable psychodrama stage, so you can psychodrama anywhere instead of just at a stage (@Xenthos)
- A way to sense the path to your city's nexus from inside a manse if it's connected or just the Aetherplex if not (@Neela)
- A way to see how you appear in a room, incl. stole/brooch/costumes etc (@Lavinya); maybe a mirror (@Sylphas)
- A way for zimoru doses from syringes to carry over when unused that month and/or a way to apply zimoru in batches (@Aeldra)
- Ability to reskin hunting companions or have them give out ambiences (@Allixea)
- A way to check if your org is at max Daughters of Night/ladies/etc without having to wander around and count (@Tylwyth)
Also, I'd pay for an item that increases the number of aliases I can use. But that may not be possible to code.