God Blogs

Comments

•  The Administration's responsibilities are many, and paid or not, their personal feelings while playing their roles in-game should be considered. Gods are always, and always have been, fleeting in presence and they have the freedom to disengage themselves from RP if they are not finding it enjoyable. The less enjoyable the RP, whether on the Org or Divine's side, the less involvement there will be. The rest is extremely circumstantial. Divine do not have it so easy as "file My le nails while writing Me a story."

That being said, yes, it is as @Tetra put it, for the Divine to be additions to the game we play as mortals in. However they are equally, not our mothers and that is where the GMs and City Leaders pick up a certain amount of responsibilities for the members of their organizations. There is very little in the middle about it. GMs and CLs really do well when they are respecting those lines, play-to-win or not, and when done right, can even poke certain Admins about some cool RP or happenings in the game with their org. If you don't like something a Divine is doing, you should show that in your RP and do something enjoyable with them to flesh out your mortal more.

TL;DR The Administration are still people, and if you consider them 'businessmen' or 'Fellow RPers' is irrelevant, respect should be maintained for them due to the fact that they are taking the time at all (paid or unpaid is none of our business).
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited August 2014
    EDIT: Didn't see Judge Dredd's post. Bye for now!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited August 2014
    Edit: Editing this, as per the Oneiroi's request.
  • edited August 2014
    EDIT: nothing relevant here

It's true, I really am you.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Naime said:
    Oneiroi is gonna get you
    I edited before your post; I was writing it for a while and, as such, didn't see that one before mine went on. :)
  • Can we return this thread to discussions about the god blogs, and less about what is quickly devolving into flame wars?

I, for example, would love to know if the lovely Lady @Lisaera happens to have those pictures from our meetup to share, as referenced in Her blog!
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • Gahhh. I will do that soon! @gabriella
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

I thought someone already quit Lusternia.

(Anyway can we see the pics of the meet, @Lisaera?)
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Thanks for every word of this. :)

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Riluna said:
    Thanks for every word of this. :)
    THIS on so many levels.  Suicide is never an easy thing to write about, plus the admins here must have a tremendous weight on their shoulders, between routine jobs they have to do in-game and this kind of thing rearing it's head, it must be incredibly hard on them at times.  Words can't describe how much I (and likely other people) appreciate reading your side of things and gaining that little bit more insight.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Lisaera said:
    This was a difficult post for me to write, but I felt - considering recent events - that it is a topic that should be opened. 

I am personally and professionally glad you wrote this, player of Lisaera. Only trained and licensed professionals should give recommendations and manage care in mental health situations. Family, friends and coworkers can help bring an individual to a licensed practitioner who can help them. Unfortunately, well meaning individuals think they can give relevant advice to an individual in crisis. This can actually do a great deal of harm, and that harm may not be apparent. In addition there may be legal issues at play, civil or otherwise, depending on who gives an individual in crisis advice and what happens after. Again, these are professional matters that need to be handled by trained educated professionals. You have useful and appropriate resources in that blog Lisaera, I thank you for taking the time to write it. I am not a mental health professional or an attorney. However I do feel a need to speak directly on this issue ultimately based on my professional background. I dislike weighing in like this but this is necessary.
  • As someone who's been there, I hope people will use the resources listed. Things can get better, and we can't do everything on our own.

And on a related note, remember we are nearing the darkest days of the year in a month here in the northern part of the globe. Take extra care of yourself if you are sensitive to the seasons and the absence of daylight. Consider talking about it with your doctor. Seasonal affective disorder is not just a whim or phase, and can make existing feelings worse too.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Even someone like me, who has some limited training in counselling, knows that referring someone to people with extensive professional training is a better idea.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Whatcha gonna do with all them drunks? All them drunks atop those trunks?

(we're gonna get get get Beloch drunk!)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Ugh. He wasn't kidding. If he hadn't transformed Adasser, that elfen guard would have met a very dark and bloody fate. Maybe even by Lisaera's own hands. 
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Could we have a special thread to post all of our logs, maybe? Currently they're scattered around the forums as their own thread, and tracking them down isn't terribly easy. It would give the Admin a place to sit down and scroll through them all, without having to utilise the (often janky) search feature.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    Could we have a special thread to post all of our logs, maybe? Currently they're scattered around the forums as their own thread, and tracking them down isn't terribly easy. It would give the Admin a place to sit down and scroll through them all, without having to utilise the (often janky) search feature.
    There is the "Event Scrolls" subforum group that you can look at directly: http://forums.lusternia.com/categories/event-scrolls

I don't think anyone posts rp logs outside of this group, so that works fairly well.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I haven't had any involvement with Adasser, obviously, except for reading @Everiine's logs on the forums, but they are all fantastic and I want to thank you for your part in providing that reading material! 

Double thanks for encouraging RP through NPC interactions. I've said it a few times before, but it's especially awesome for me because, for various reasons, my character just doesn't think much of gods and orders, so when I get to talk to Monsoma Cloudwalker or Master Quettle, it's like my birthday and Festivus rolled up into one.

Triple thanks for those tips!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Yay! This most recent blog post makes me happy :D . Few things have been as memorable to me as when the admin starting noticing those vision quests we were doing and decided to throw in ambients here and there. I'm so glad you like them!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said:
    I haven't had any involvement with Adasser, obviously, except for reading @Everiine's logs on the forums, but they are all fantastic and I want to thank you for your part in providing that reading material! 

Double thanks for encouraging RP through NPC interactions. I've said it a few times before, but it's especially awesome for me because, for various reasons, my character just doesn't think much of gods and orders, so when I get to talk to Monsoma Cloudwalker or Master Quettle, it's like my birthday and Festivus rolled up into one.

Triple thanks for those tips!
    I've noticed other NPC's getting developed, too, like Tokota and Adushoc. That entire RP line came from @Enadonella, who thought, "Hmm, they both look at the stars, let's get them together and see what happens!" It took a while, but we finally got them to meet, and since then, it's developed into its own little plot line that I'm loving.

Moral of the story--just keep talking to NPCs and suggesting things, and who knows? You may help create something epic!

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I am going to resume sitting next to Dain and (especially) Wisdom, emoting at them until they get upgraded! /grump
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Brb going to continue implicating Daraius as Quettle's long lost son.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited July 2015
    I used to include ol' Hhuramu as part of my course for proteges, as a kind of lesson about hard work, visibility, and the dangers of unexamined comforts. We used to joke that @Vasnier had a crush on him too. As an eternal Auseklis newbie, it's nice to see him getting a mention.

EDIT: I have a question. Do gods look at RPWHO when they're in the mood to possess an npc, to see who is around with time to do decent length RP?