The state of Aeonics

124»

Comments

• edited December 2019
    Xenthos said:
    Orael said:
    Slush extends to 1.5s when the target has temp insanity, making it the same as steam.

I'd started writing the post previous to this and that's obvious. Don't.

Most Command denial is largely ignored by curing. Tempinsanity at best will make you do something dumb which takes balance for a while but leaves your curing up.
  • Personally, I definitely see more slush affs in combat than I do spiritual affs. And yes, this may be my personal experience, and it may not actually be correct. But I have played against Hallifax from the other side, and even then I did not see Hallifax's steam aff stacking as much of an issue, and would definitely have chosen to fight against  Institute than an Illuminatus.  Noting that this was (I think) around the time, if not just before the Institute rework.

I find that slush affs are easier to apply and more readily available than steam affs. Again, a personal view point.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited December 2019
    Feoragan said:
    Xenthos said:
    Orael said:
    Slush extends to 1.5s when the target has temp insanity, making it the same as steam.

I'd started writing the post previous to this and that's obvious. Don't.
    Don't what?  It is very easy to miss posts on the forums that come right before yours; I was making sure you did see it.
  • Your entire org is based on affing spiritual affs, punishing people for curing them, punishing people for having them, punishing people for being afflicted by them. Institute has one of the most absurd spiritual affing skills I think I've ever faced.

Maybe you don't see that as much as a monk, but you're still affing timewarp constantly.
  • Note that in my comment I also stated that I had the same view point from OUTSIDE Hallifax, fighting AGAINST them.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Kaizynne said:
    Note that in my comment I also stated that I had the same view point from OUTSIDE Hallifax, fighting AGAINST them.
    You also admitted that it was prior to the rework.  That changed things considerably.
  • edited December 2019
    Xenthos said:
    Kaizynne said:
    Note that in my comment I also stated that I had the same view point from OUTSIDE Hallifax, fighting AGAINST them.
    You also admitted that it was prior to the rework.  That changed things considerably.

This is true, though TimeEchoes hasn't changed a great deal, I don't think. It seems relatively the same as old TimeEchoes. And I've used both. Again  I may be wrong.

Edit: Noting that TimeEchoes is one of the main sources of spiritual affs from Researcher.
    Edit2: I also can't remember if it was just after or just before. It was around that time.
  • edited December 2019
    Feoragan said:

Most Command denial is largely ignored by curing. Tempinsanity at best will make you do something dumb which takes balance for a while but leaves your curing up.
    This is actually exceptionally powerful both in groups and solo. When you run it alongside Jinx or, more prominently, aeon in Tarot, it can be particularly significant. I have vivid memories of Shuyin coming in and flinging fool enigma aeon at me and having my cures for aeon be amissed two-three times before passing insanity, the various paradigmatics distractors, and stupidity.

Dismissing command denial because it's 'largely ignored by curing' is pretty uninformed or otherwise malignant.

Edit: You can, of course, hold the converse argument and say that Timewarp is completely neutered when you aren't in aeon or under one of the few sources of disruption, which should be most of the time even against an Institute, at least 1v1. Being "perpetually" in aeon in groups is really not a unique feature to Institute.
  • @Kaizynne What is the poison you use on your Tessenchi?
  • edited December 2019
    Feoragan said:
    @Kaizynne What is the poison you use on your Tessenchi?

It depends on what I'm doing. Solo I stack the two steam affs so I can for burst others for Tcuts. Otherwise, it depends on what form rotation I'm using for groups.