An Answer. God said maybe, dad said no (6 Logs, 2 letters, more incoming!)

edited May 2020 in Event Scrolls
Following the events from these logs.... @Viravain finally paid Gurashi a personal visit (to his MANSE no less) to discuss his... prayer request... and, he finally got to see how kind and gentle and merciful the Divine of Glomdoring can be! So super duper merciful. Yes. Yep.... ANYWAY, uh, events sort of SPIRALED from there, and so keep checking back because I'm going to post more logs, but long story short: Gurashi's got Beloved ghosts in his blood. 

**Me, having some me time in my manse**

Softly, Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says, "Gurashi."

Viravain taps Her fingers on Her lap, Her sky-blue eyes unreadable as She stares at you.

Loud to the point of seeming reverberation, cicadas play out buzzing dissonances.

You blink.

You close your eyes and inhale deeply, absorbing the scent of your surroundings.

look
A cloistered study.                                   
Upon entering this compact study, one might assume a library had exploded. Books, scrolls, and loose sheets of paper of all sizes and colors are stacked in perilous towers, half-shoved into drawers and cubbyholes, and strewn across the floor. Large, hand-drawn maps are plastered to the walls, with various details circled in multi-hued inks, illegible notes scrawled next to them. Beside these, numerous sketches of Wyrden iconography and Wyrden-themed equipment and clothing cover the remainder of the walls, save for one small, tightly shut window. Scattered along various surfaces, seemingly at random, are a number of personal effects; here a dried cicada carcass, there a withered black rose, and for some reason a half-eaten piece of cake of indeterminable age. The only tidy surfaces are the writing desk, chair, and a path cleared through the litter from them to the door. The engravings upon its surface weathered to near indistinctness, a five-tiered, petrified ravenwood bookshelf rises eminently here. A panoply of colours highlights a resplendent tapestry depicting the nations of the Basin hanging here. A highly polished ravenwood desk sits here, the drawers closed. A sturdy chair of polished darkwood has been placed here. Swinging from a copper chain, a rotund stained glass dreameater caterpillar lantern hangs here, sending a myriad of hues dancing around the room. In the shape of an open palm, a metallic sigil lies here. A gilded pedestal, displaying a painting of an adapted muku ball of water, stands here, its gold leaf cracked and weathered. A gilded pedestal, displaying a painting of King of the Ocean Hamsters, stands here, its gold leaf cracked and weathered. A figurine of Czixi stands here, memorialising Her noble spirit. A gilded pedestal, displaying a painting of Puppet of Fate, stands here, its gold leaf cracked and weathered. Perpetually ticking away the hours, a Splendid Clock of the Dawn stands proudly nearby. Completely motionless, a slender leothin intently surveys its surroundings. Viravain, Lady of the Thorns sits here upon a polished darkwood chair, wreathed in divine fire. You may use the BOOKSHELF commands here. <-- SHE IS SITTING IN ISHRA'S CHAIR.... lmfao
You see exits leading south (closed door) and west (open door).

Voice bright and clear, you say, "M..."

look viravain
She is a radiant immortal and is possessed by a ghostly countenance that haunts the very depths of Her being. Shimmering hair the colour of a harsh winter's snow spills over Her shoulders and down Her back in a straight fall, meticulously twisted into a loose plait mid-back with a single bit of silver thread. Striking pale blue eyes are deep set within Her youthful face, haunted and fathomless as they rarely stay focused in a single place. As befitting Her youthful appearance, Her figure is slight and willowy and each of Her arms is slender, ending in sylphlike fingers and meticulously sculpted nails. Dark shadows swarm sinuously at the corners of Her slender silhouette, their movements manifesting a phantasm of bewitching grace.
She is wearing:
an earring fashioned from a feather of Crow through Her left ear
an exquisite, intricately webbed black rose brooch nestles against Her chest, holding closed Her cloak
a tenebrous gown of manifold shadows
a ghastly white silk pouch draped lightly around Her waist
an earring fashioned from a feather of Crow through Her right ear
a hooded cloak of stygian darkness billows around Her like living shadows, drifting in slow-moving waves
a crown of midnight black roses rests atop Her head, black vines twisting into the white tresses of Her hair.

You have emoted: Gurashi opens his mouth, then shuts it again. Opens, and shuts a second time.

Voice bright and clear, you exclaim, "...M-My Lady!"

You turn to Viravain, suddenly bending at the waist to offer a polite half-bow.

Viravain ceases to wield a wickedly curved scythe.

Stammering as he finds his words, you say, "H-how, uhm. Gosh! What an unexpected surprise! And we all heard fr..." He shakes his head, standing up straight and clasping his hands together. "...h-hello, My Lady. How do you do."

Lifting Her lips into a half smile, Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says, "That was quite a prayer. It inspired Me to entertain your question in person, rather than sending Khasur."

You blink.

You have emoted: Gurashi swallows hard, bringing one hand up over his heart. "Oh... er. M-many thank Yous."

You see the following people here:
Viravain, Gurashi.

Mirth still stretched across Her expression, Viravain replies, "You sound confident that I am not here to kill you."

You have emoted: Gurashi furrows his brow, his expression twisting. "....e-er, I mean." He looks about the study quickly, then back to Viravain with a gasp. "I-I do not know what expected. Or am expecting. Uhm," A pause, "...b-b-but if You want to! O-of course You may, M-My Lady!"

You flail about helplessly.

Tilting Her head, Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says, "Do not tell Me what I may or may not do. I am an Elder Goddess."

The smile still etched on Her lips, Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says, "I am fully aware of your powerlessness here."

You have emoted: Gurashi quickly shuts his mouth, dropping his hands again to his side and nodding once curtly to Viravain.

You think to yourself: **rapid flashes of color, the entire spectrum, a wash of fearful white and silvery anticipation**.

You stare at Viravain, eyes wide.

Shifting Her scythe on Her lap, Viravain settles back against the chair. "What do you wish of Me, Gurashi? An invitation to join Mysrai's Order? To align yourself with another's devotions?"

You have emoted: Gurashi straightens a bit, letting out a breath he didn't realize he had been holding since Viravain's previous statement. "...I-I ..." A pause, before he adds, "Er. Mean." Another pause. "Yes. Would like to help the Shofets."

Shadows flicker over the blue surface of Viravain's eyes like crows over snow.

Quickly, you exclaim, "B-but, think They can be helpful to the Glomdoring, too...!"

Viravain raises an eyebrow questioningly.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says, "They will swear Themselves to the Wyrd?"

A gust of wind causes the many wind chimes to crash and clatter together chaotically, accompanied with the steady patter of rain.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says, "They will put the Glomdoring first? They will turn away from the false order of the city They've built in Their image and value nature above all else?"

Voice bright and clear, you say, "I... know They have already helped the Lord Silence! Aided Him when He was hurting, yes... " He wrings his hands together. "I do not know why They would bother, if They did not at least have some respect for the Glomdoring... and... it..."

Nervously, you ask Viravain, "I-I... mean, everything starts -somewhere- yes?"

The raucous, corvine laughter of crows emanates from the Mistress of Thorns, though Her lips do not part in laughter.

You have emoted: Gurashi glances towards Bizirik, who has been watching this entire exchange with an expression mixed with interest and smugness. "...it is just a seed, My Lady." He clasps his hands together. "A thought."

Her voice a sinister breeze through dead branches, Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says, "I see. You would wrap your obsession with the Chaos City in false promises to Me. That you would bring the Thousandfold into My garden."

You blink.

You think to yourself: ... ob...session?

You tilt your head, gaze softening as you frown.

Viravain gets up off a polished darkwood chair.

You think to yourself: ...Chaos City - does mean Gaudiguchs?

Quietly, you say, "T-they said... that They are not... uhm, Gaudiguchs."

Lowering his voice further, you say, "Er, unless meant the city in Their realm, which is -very- crazy, yes...."

You think to yourself: So many crazy cities.

You have emoted: Gurashi shakes his head, then quickly returns his gaze to Viravain, frowning, determined.

The smile not leaving Her eyes, which churn with shadows, Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says, "You will tell the Glomdoring that you wish to join the Thousandfold. What they do to you is up to them."

Viravain reaches out to tenderly cup your cheek in Her hand.

You blink.

You blink.

Voice bright and clear, you ask Viravain, "... My.... Lady?"

Softly, lightly, motherly, Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says to you, "Is that not the answer you were hoping for, My Bumblebee?"

You think to yourself: **sweeping waves of confused, hazy gray, blue, lilac, inquisitive... then, slowly, pink, gold - roses**.

You have emoted: Gurashi looks utterly taken aback. Confusion, his brow furrowed. He reaches up, touching the hand on his cheek, still taken aback. "Oh, I - it..." He stares. "....I-I won't let You down, My Lady... nor the Glomdoring - I swear!"

Viravain smiles, the smile no longer touching Her eyes, which now burn with shadowfire. "Oh, but My Gurashi." Her hand that cups your cheek squeezes sharply, ripping flesh from your human face. "You already have."

Coiling sinuously about Her petite frame, stygian shadows cloak Viravain in an unnatural darkness and evanesce into the aether, leaving behind only the faintest scent of roses.

A whistling sound fills the air as a wickedly curved scythe whirls by high overhead at incredible speed.
A whistling sound fills the air as a wickedly curved scythe whirls in with incredible speed, slamming into you forcefully and pinning you to the ground. As your consciousness fades, you hear the ominous jingling of bone chimes that hang from the base of the scythe. A ghostly fire bursts forth, consuming the last of your senses.
You have been slain by Viravain.
The mortal threads of your being severed, you scream in agony as the Divine spark within you enfolds your body with scorching flames.

(The Shadow Kindred): Indrosiril says, "What did you done do?"

Nyana tells you, "Oh dear. What did you do?"

(Trasto): Aknarin says, "Bad Gurashi."

(Trasto): Steingrim (from the Realm of the Predator) says, "Too much baking powder."

Shulamit tells you, "*exceptionally quiet soothing comforting sounds hover around you*."

The favour of Viravain has worn off.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns has bestowed Her divine truedisfavour upon you. It will last for 5 months.
‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

Comments

• edited May 2020
    Aaaahahha MORE LOGS !!! You thought I came unprepared. Immediately after thiiiiiis, and waiting a YEAR for my PHOENIX thing to repop I ran back home... only to have @Shulamit's wonderful peace present offering to Viravain returned to me.

**Immediately after coming back from my ALMIGHTY SMIGHTY, ran into Tridemon. Immediately fled!**

<from other room> 
    <The melodious voice of Tridemon resonates in your mind, "Why did you turn and run?"

You tell Bizirik, the leothin, "Emote emote snorts and snuffles and wanders around ^Tridemon, chattering and whining."

Tridemon says, "Sayto bizirik Oh, hello."

You tell Bizirik, the leothin, "Emote emote sits down, snuffing, the lingering scent of roses clinging to it."

Tridemon says, "Emote glances to the east before looking at the leothin again. "Is this a bad time to come say hello?""

You tell Bizirik, the leothin, "Emote emote whines, tossing its head and standing, pacing about the flooded garden anxiously."

You tell Bizirik, the leothin, "Emote emote snorts, tossing its head again."

Great waves crash over one another as they pour in from the west, finally swirling together before solidifying into Tridemon.

You have emoted: Gurashi stops his pacing once he spots Tridemon, turning quickly and pacing faster around the edge of the lake. "Do not come close!"

Tridemon blinks.

Ocean waves echoing softly behind his voice, Tridemon Regalis, Keeper of Pure Waters says to you, "Uh... you've got a..."

Tridemon reaches up to tap his neck, eyeing yours as the phantasmal scythe flickers against your throat.

You think to yourself: **flashes of white hot each time the phantasmal blade nears his throat , silvery anticipation**.

Khasur Stormcrow sweeps in from the ether like a bad omen, her eyes sweeping about in quick, canny glances.

A placid lake.                                         (#HAH_11)
    The shadowy outline of a twisted forest casts a dark gloom here. The towering ravenwood trees that surround this manse break here, allowing for a stunning view of a tranquil lake. The water laps softly at the grassy shores, evidence of its subtle tidal rise and fall visible in the muddy lines left on the bank. The grass around the edge of the lake is well-traveled, eventually leading to a short wooden bench just big enough for two. The sounds of frogs and insects buzz and chirp in pleasant harmony with one another, and the rich perfumes of petrichor and rainwater, are heavy here. A large rowan tree trunk lies here on its side, worn smooth from use. A slender leothin sits here motionless, brightening its surroundings with its natural golden bio-luminescence. Khasur Stormcrow lingers here, wreathed in shadows. Tridemon Regalis, Keeper of Pure Waters lingers nearby, the air about him singing with the rush of the ocean. He wields a dazzling white staff crowned by a platinum pearl in his left hand.
    You see a single exit leading west.

You blink.

Tridemon blinks.

A bit of pale morning light tries to bleed through the clouds, but is quickly lost again in the storm.

LOOK KHUSAR
    Elegant in her pale solemnity, Khasur Stormcrow is a tall, dark-eyed trill whose feathers have been dyed a brown-black hue and anointed with strange, silvery runes that twist with sharp, thorn-like ends into each other. Her skin is a pallid, unwholesome hue: her skin is rather more like white marble than anything living. Her robes are of brocade dyed over from some paler hue to an ebon, and much repaired - despite this, a high-necked scholar's coat is fastened with tarnished silver frogs, even as her skirts are a strange mix of airy silks and stained linens, all in varying shades of ebon. A single black rose is pinned in her lapel pocket, and a string of blackened jade prayer beads carved with scorpions swings from a broad belt of cured eelskin.
    Khasur Stormcrow has an air of extreme strength.

You feel a slight tug within your chest and the air around you sparkles with motes of bright light.
    You sense Xenthos pulling on the strands of aether surrounding you.

You see the following people here:
    Tridemon, Xenthos, Gurashi.

Ocean waves echoing softly behind his voice, Tridemon Regalis, Keeper of Pure Waters says to you, "I should probably leave you for the moment. You seem... busy."

Khasur Stormcrow narrows her eyes, her posture poised.

You have emoted: Gurashi doesn't seem to hear Tridemon, looking at Khasur Stormcrow, surprised. ".... oh, you are..."

You stare at Khasur Stormcrow, eyes wide.

Thinly, Khasur Stormcrow says, "I believe this -."

Khasur Stormcrow gives a painting of A Cool Forest Clearing to you.

You blink.

Khasur Stormcrow says, "- is yours."

You blink.

You stare at a painting of A Cool Forest Clearing, eyes wide.

Voice bright and clear, you ask, "...Shulamit's painting?"

LOOK PAINTING
    Soft dusk hues mingle with the darker colours of night, creating this
    painting. The outside edge of the painting is ringed with a plethora of
    trees, each one seemingly a different type than the ones next to it,
    marking the scene as perhaps not taking place within the Basin proper.
    The trees themselves seem to be covered in a layer of fog or mist,
    leaves and needles alike dotted with the soft covering. Slowly the mist
    gives way in the centre of the clearing, small circle of shorn down
    grass bearing only the faintest hint of liquid dew dappling its surface.
    Within the centre of the clearing are two divine forms, one seated in
    front of a glorious gold and ruby harp, hands plucking at the strings,
    the air around the strings seemingly to vibrate and distort the painting
    ever so slightly. The glorious divine playing the music appears to be
    the Empress of Bright Aspects, covered in a variety of glittering paints
    and ample jewels, giving the dark painting vibrant colour. Standing next
    to Her is the Lady of Roses, pale plaited hair swinging around Her as
    She dances to the music made by Her fellow divine. Her pose is graceful
    and refined, exquisitely slender arms raised above Her, eyes half-lidded
    as She focuses on the music and form of the sounds. The Empress of
    Bright Aspect's riotous colours speckles the beauteous divine that
    dances within the clearing, a mingling of light and darkness, creating
    this delicate painting. The entire painting is no larger than a heavy
    tome, artwork carefully crafted into a petite space to showcase delicate
    brush technique over an abundance of sweeping strokes.

You tilt your head curiously at a painting of A Cool Forest Clearing.

You tilt your head curiously at Khasur Stormcrow.

Khasur Stormcrow says, "The Mistress entreats you to, uh --."

Khasur Stormcrow says, "How did She put it?"

You stare at Khasur Stormcrow, eyes wide.

Khasur Stormcrow taps her chin lightly, in feigned thought.

You think to yourself: **utterly dumbfounded**.

Faux awareness prickling across her features, Khasur Stormcrow says, "Ah, yes, that's it -- She wishes for you to leave your deceitful portraits of Her buried in the depths of your insolence."

You think to yourself: **a sinking feeling....**.

Khasur Stormcrow says, "Or some such."

You blink.

Khasur Stormcrow says, "You know our Mistress. Sometimes, quite verbose, others -- well. Other times, it's, uh..."

Khasur Stormcrow makes a show of looking at the scythe hovering near your neck.

You have emoted: Gurashi stares at Khasur Stormcrow, mouth now partially agape, nodding slowly.

Khasur Stormcrow says, "But forgive me! You are entertaining. Enjoy your company."

Voice bright and clear, you say to Khasur Stormcrow, "... oh... uhm."

Voice bright and clear, you say to Khasur Stormcrow, "...many... many thank yous!"

You think to yourself: Maybe remembers flicking Friend Shulamit off the mountain...

With a slight, imperious nod, Khasur Stormcrow sweeps out to the ether.

You have emoted: Gurashi awkwardly looks down at the painting again, puffing his cheeks before lowering it to the ground..... and, suddenly, remembering he does indeed have guests. He quickly looks up at Tridemon, then Xenthos, stepping further away. "O-K stay back."

Voice bright and clear, you say, "This is obviously a -strange- month for me."
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• There's more? There's MORE!!! I'm not gonna keep posting the full logs onto the forums cause... I am not a fan myself. But the links are here! Look for them, ye.

As you saw at end of last log two of Gurashi's favorite people (Xenthos and Tridemon) showed up, and @Xenthos gave Gurashi some talkies, and they were good talkies, but -also-.... feelies.
    Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says to you, "If I might- what is so wrong with what you currently have?"

You have emoted: Gurashi looks up suddenly, away from another blade as it lazily drifts by. "Am sorry?"

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says to you, "You visit Aschwar as you will- none of the city deny you to what is solely the Shofet's realm. I do not anticipate that changing."

You have emoted: Gurashi furrows his brow, wiping rainwater off his face. "It is not just about -visiting- them. Anybody can visit...! Well, friends, at least," He glances aside, wringing his hands together again. "Friend Aschwar needs help with ... something, and the -Shofets- is hurt, and they also need help with -something-. And it is big!" He shakes his head. "I have a really really big feeling in my gut!"

Suddenly, you say, "A-and, I don't know - it is like ..."

You think to yourself: ** l o u d - washes of gray, terrified white, pinpricks ...**.

You fidget impatiently.

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says to you, "And as you are, you cannot help?"

• edited May 2020
    Ok I gotta go to bed but LISTEN if you thought I was expecting to go to bed yesterday with ghosts in my blood you are wrong. No, really. A ghost showed up in Gurashi's manse. A ghost POSSESSED MY GOOD BOY. Not just ANY ghost but a DEAD @MYSRAI PRIEST (???) GHOST. 
    Also featured in this log:
    a) @Tridemon is an A+ best friend
    b) Gurashi forgot what hungry feels like
    c) the topless man-servants should be made illegal 
    As the scent of poppies coils out into the air, there is a brief hint of colour. Tea coloured skin, and backwards-joined legs, her amber eyes glowing with an effulgent radiance.

You think to yourself: Poppies...

Voice bright and clear, you ask, "...do... you know, uhmmm... Friend Shulamit?"

Tridemon tilts his head slightly, looking at the ghost again, muttering to himself. "Sileni? ... Viscanti? Something from beyond another veil...?"

Quick as a flash, the ghost is gone, and then visible once more - directly before you. There is a brief pause, and then she walks forward, melding into your body and vanishing from sight to leave naught but a comforting warmth.

You have emoted: Gurashi inhales sharply, eyes widening.

You think to yourself: ....!?

You feel your mouth open, and hear the ghost's voice escape it, saying, "...Shulamit? ...so sweet...a good friend..."

Ocean waves echoing softly behind his voice, Tridemon Regalis, Keeper of Pure Waters says, "... If you're trying to use Gurashi's voice, you're doing it wrong."

You think to yourself: / *you feel Khep bristle - no, she doesn't like this one -bit-. abruptly, her presence dwindles, as if retreating to the far end of the circle* /.

Bizirik, the leothin snorts, looking otherwise unbothered, canting its head.

You have emoted: Gurashi croaks a little in surprise, then coughs, clears his throat. "...Shulami...t, is, a good, sweet friend. So," He blinks a few times. "You know Shulamit...."

Voice bright and clear, you say to Tridemon, "....she knows Shulamit."

(no more ready logs to post in this weird saga, eep. I'll start cleaning tomorrow...! the good bear... incoming!!) 

• Not enough words to describe how magical this experience was (warning - it's LONG). Raves for @Alary again, thank you for sharing Sebitti's backstory TTvTT And the emotional roller coaster that followed. And then more VIRAVAIN DRAMA, was just ... uguhgughuh. I love you guys.

The Truth, The Past, Lies and Inquiries

You have emoted: Gurashi frowns, quickly raising both hands and shaking his head. "Is is O-K! It does not even hurt," He insists, stepping forward. "And it will go away in a couple months..." He snaps his fingers, trying to think of a way to explain.

Aschwar's eyes are large as they crouch and gently reach out to turn your head to the side, staring with undisguised rage at the small scar on your cheek. "...it does not hurt now," they quietly say, "...but that does not mean it did not hurt. Someone. Hurt. You."

• Sorry for the lack of updates. Lots of big emotional things have happened.

Here's the letter Gurashi wrote to the Shadow Court pleading his case. 

And here is the letter he received in response (from @Rancoura). The sickest burn letter I've ever received. 

Long story short the SC voted no TTvTT!! Gurashi has so many feelies about it and has been being a good egg about it...

• Some aftermaths ... 

Tridemon being a good friend, immediately after reading that damn letter.
    Ocean waves echoing softly behind his voice, Tridemon Regalis, Keeper of Pure Waters says, "It's like watching you hit yourself in the hand with a mallet."

Ocean waves echoing softly behind his voice, Tridemon Regalis, Keeper of Pure Waters says, "The only lesson I see worth learning there is that you should stop hitting yourself with a mallet."

<-- potentially v sweet log with Xenthos ... 

And Miss Sebitti ... leaving. UGLY CRIES.

With the sound of crinkling, shifting paper, a veil-clad ghost stares at you and whispers, "...be...good...do not let...her change...you..." The voice pauses and then continues, "...you would...make...them cry..."

• you can basically summarize everything up until this point with this image lol