The ever-in-progress SSC is getting some more attention (from a mortal coder). A couple of things that are going to be addressed are as follows:
- More robust symptom checking (this is really the major issues that players had with blackout).
- Better Aeon curing (including an aeon queue)
- Potentially parrying.
- Various other improvements
The question we want to pose here is what other improvements would you like to see short of defense maintenance (itself a major project). Feel free to comment below.
We can look into sleep/sprawled but they are more difficult.
As far as aeon curing goes - we can look at having SSC deny all commands, but there are certainly times when you may want to override SSC with your own commands. If anything, it'd be a toggle, but there's also a level of responsibility on the player to react appropriately to the situation and let SSC cure it.
*the toggle could just be AC PAUSE
Edit: The symptom lines for weapon attacks also explicitly state which is broken.
Your left leg must be working in order to do that.
You must have two good legs to do that.
Your left arm must be free and functioning to do that.
Your right arm must be free and functioning to do that.
Didn't get the exact last line, but presumably something like: You must have two good arms to do that.
Sure that could be damaged or mutilated, but either way SSC should consider applying some ice if you have ice balance instead of just sitting there.
I'll have to look at the ones that just say 'you must have two good legs/arms.' If they come up when you have one of four potential afflictions, we wouldn't really be able to treat that as a symptom line, you'd have to use AC GUESS to deal with it the way you want. If they come up when you have two, we could then again use them as unknown ice affs.
* Phantasms - Reality are mental affs.
* Necromancy - Contagion are dust affs.
I am sure more examples. While not a HUGE issue, it would reduce cures sent and keep you on balance for a potential aff in the next 1-2s (depending on cure bals).
We're ready to roll out the first update to SSC. This version contains mostly under the hood changes that shouldn't really change anything on your end, but should make the underlying code faster/less lag prone.
There are a few minor changes as follows;
2) Sixthsense will no longer fire off cure balance.
3) Hidden damagedlung is now revealed by symptom.
4) Chervil clotting was added
We'd like to get some players testing this out before loading it into the live server to ensure that the changes do not break anything. If this is something you're interested in doing, please let me know.
These would be really cool to add in!
- the ability to toggle vital sipping without affecting the curing aspect (vessels). I know you can toggle elixirqueue, but that seems to disable everything about elixir curing in general? Unless I majorly messed it up. If I did, oops.
- the ability to easily toggle vital sipping priority without messing with thresholds and queue order.
- easily toggle/ignoring the curing of an affliction (e.g. while hunting) without having to remove it completely permanently from the curing queue or creating a completely separate setlist.
The second one is very much not possible, but there is a client-side workaround. There's a syntax that allows you to remake the queue with all new settings with one command. You can build the queue how you want it, grab the string, and then set an alias client or game side to load that into the queue to replace it.
The third, there's an ignore list in autocuring (works just like the queues). Just add/remove the affliction to said queue.
Set to vessels only:
AC MOD ELIXIRQUEUE SET vessels 1
Reset to normal: