Concern and Confusion As Squids Fly

edited March 2021 in Event Scrolls
Context: Gurashi has been quietly but desperately trying to find some benign way to at least resolve their enemying to the Glomdoring. Both Afollia and Kreon hinted that that would only happen if Gurashi were to appease the Lady of Roses Herself, and so Gurashi prayed to Her to ask what they could do to appease Her! She sent @Kreon, who thusly set Gurashi forth with a task to complete for Her: bring two (2) people to the Glomdoring! And then the Lady would be pleased and their family would know how hard they are trying :o ....except... they are not very good at it. They hadn't MET anybody new to try and convince.

But THEN Kreon returned! Suddenly the task had a NAME attached to it: @Auriella! Of New Celest! Easy enough, wife of Glomdoring's Commune Leader....But Gurashi couldn't do it! Not Auriella! Something about convincing the city's Vernal Ascendant to jump ship and move to another organization (allied or not) seemed...treasonous. And this whole thing started with them trying to fix the treasons in the first place! A short but beautiful meeting between Gurashi and @Auriella happened as a result.

At some point between the name attaching and talking with Auriella, the New Celest Election happened, and a handful of iconic New Celest citizens jumped ship, including Aknarin, who in a tell told Gurashi she knew of their task and would tell Kreon she was convinced by them! This caused a lot of confusion (and afears) for Gurashi, because they hadn't told anybody of their task yet! 
(Celest): Aknarin (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "I have been thinking recently, and it comes with a heavy heart to tell you I will be leaving New Celest. It has been a pleasure to serve, but I cannot call New Celest home anymore. Farewell, Children of the Light."
Aknarin tells you, "I will be telling Kreon you have lead me to Glomdoring as I am aware you have a task to complete."
You blink.
You blanch suddenly.
Things returned to a PANIC when Viravain confirmed a few weeks later that Aknarin DID say those things about Gurashi's task, leaving them concerned with how to correct Her! More IRL chaos stole me again! Gurashi completed their task for Mysrai and sang for the Empyreal somewhere in here! And then @Cheliyi left the Glomdoring! And she and @Rhalkyr (and now Esei!) have all been having their rattling encounters with one another, and Gurashi has been doing their best to support and keep afloat with their tiny new family! 

...which brings us to the newest of encounters! Another couple weeks pass. The task was honestly a back-burner concern of theirs, until they were unexpectedly visited by Nalurei, @Carakhan's wonderful little kelpie, who had questions about Aknarin's departure, and subsequently, Gurashi's task, forcing them to consider the task again... and the things they should really be grateful for now! 

Nalurei frowns, looking down. "She didn't even say goodbye to me." She says quietly, looking down. Then looks up at you. "And then they said... that it was you. Aknarin."
‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’