Dramaturgy

SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
DRAMATURGY - ETIQUETTE

Syntax: DRAMA ETIQUETTE

Any Dramatics skills that are performed (bully, sycophant, bureaucrat, gorgeous, vagabond) will have double effect.

DRAMATURGY - INSPIRATION

Syntax: INSPIRE STATUS
        INSPIRE SELF

Inspiration is gained through influencing denizens based on the skills of Influencing and Dramaturgy.
 The amount of inspiration is increased if using the Dramatics skills that are performed (bully, 
sycophant, bureaucrat, gorgeous, vagabond) while influencing, and the amount of increase depends on the dramaturge’s skill in Dramatics. While inspiration is used in write scripts in Dramaturgy, the dramaturge can also inspire him or herself to recover ego.

DRAMATURGY - FIRSTSCENE

Syntax: SCRIPT FIRSTSCENE SHOW
        SCRIPT FIRSTSCENE WRITE <text>
        SCRIPT FIRSTSCENE EMBED <effect>
        PERFORM FIRSTSCENE AT <target>
Inspiration: 1% (to embed an effect)

You can write a scene in your script. By performing the scene, you can also embed an effect which will strike the audience member that you target.

When writing a scene, it MUST include your name in the text (i.e., if your name is "Roark", then 
"Roark" should be the subject of the sentence). It also MUST include "^target" as the object. Scenes must also be more than 5 words and less than 45 words. You can also use "^target_his", "^target_him" and "^target_he" as pronouns.

Example: With a mischievous grin, Estarra bops ^target on ^target_his head with a high-heeled shoe.

NOTE: Scenes must make sense, not be obscene and should be obvious that you are doing something to the target. Be aware that all scenes are recorded for administrative review.

DRAMATURGY - FEAR

You can now embed fear in your scenes.

DRAMATURGY - GLUTTONY

You can now embed gluttony in your scenes.

DRAMATURGY - FOPPERY

Syntax: DRAMA FOPPERY

You will naturally be able to dodge attacks, depending on how fine your clothes are. This ability stacks with acrobatics dodging.

Dodging is the ability to move out of the way of incoming attacks, this includes physical attacks and some magical attacks that are aimed at you. You will only be able to dodge those attacks which you can see coming, making this ability of limited use against psionic attacks, dreamweavers, and long-ranged attacks where your assailant is not near to you.

DRAMATURGY - CONFUSION

You can now embed confusion in your scenes.

DRAMATURGY - DIZZINESS

You can now embed dizziness in your scenes.

DRAMATURGY - SUBTEXT

Syntax: SCRIPT FIRSTSCENE SUBTEXT <effect>
Inspiration: 5% (to embed)
Power: 1 (to perform)

When you perform the scene, the subtext effect will be given to the target (as well as the normal effect). Subtext effects are hidden from the target.

DRAMATURGY - SECONDSCENE

Syntax: SCRIPT SECONDSCENE SHOW
        SCRIPT SECONDSCENE WRITE <text>
        SCRIPT SECONDSCENE EMBED <effect>
        PERFORM SECONDSCENE AT <target>

You may now script a second scene. See AB DRAMATUGY FIRSTSCENE for details.

DRAMATURGY - VERTIGO

You can now embed vertigo in your scenes.

DRAMATURGY - CLUMSINESS

You can now embed clumsiness in your scenes.

DRAMATURGY - MENDACITY

Syntax: DRAMA MENDACITY AT <target>

By telling lies about someone, you will enrage them so much that the target of your mendacity will not be able to think straight about you. Their next attack at you will fail and they'll lose balance.

DRAMATURGY - HALLUCINATIONS

You can now embed hallucinations in your scenes.

DRAMATURGY - SENSITIVITY

You can now embed sensitivity in your scenes.

DRAMATURGY - THIRDSCENE

Syntax: SCRIPT THIRDSCENE SHOW
        SCRIPT THIRDSCENE WRITE <text>
        SCRIPT THIRDSCENE EMBED <effect>
        PERFORM THIRDSCENE AT <target>

You may now script a third scene. See AB DRAMATUGY FIRSTSCENE for details.

DRAMATURGY - CLAUSTROPHOBIA

You can now embed claustrophobia in your scenes.

DRAMATURGY - DEMENTIA

You can now embed dementia in your scenes.

DRAMATURGY - JEALOUSY

Syntax: DRAMA JEALOUSY [ON|OFF]

With this defense up, you will be so filled with jealous rage that you will do more damage to them on attacks. Having this defense up will have a constant drain on your ego.

DRAMATURGY - PARANOIA

DRAMATURGY - FOURTHSCENE

Syntax: SCRIPT FOURTHSCENE SHOW
        SCRIPT FOURTHSCENE WRITE <text>
        SCRIPT FOURTHSCENE EMBED <effect>
        PERFORM FOURTHSCENE AT <target>

You may now script a fourth scene. See AB DRAMATUGY FIRSTSCENE for details.

DRAMATURGY - DEADENING

You can now embed deadening in your scenes.

DRAMATURGY - PARALYSIS

Syntax: DRAMA PRATFALL at (target) [(target)] [(target)] [(target)] [(target)]
Power: 0-4
Damage Type: 100% Blunt
Damage Source: Brute
You can perform a comic pratfall which will damage a target and send him or her sprawling to the 
ground. You can add up to 4 more targets at the cost of 1p per extra target.

DRAMATURGY - STUPIDITY

You can now embed stupidity in your scenes.

DRAMATURGY - FIFTHSCENE

Syntax: SCRIPT FIFTHSCENE SHOW
        SCRIPT FIFTHSCENE WRITE <text>
        SCRIPT FIFTHSCENE EMBED <effect>
        PERFORM FIFTHSCENE AT <target>

You may now script a fifth scene. See AB DRAMATUGY FIRSTSCENE for details.

DRAMATURGY - SLEEP

You can now embed sleep in your scenes.

DRAMATURGY - REBUFF

Syntax: DRAMA REBUFF [ON|OFF]

With this defense up, you will be alert for those who try to pull you from your performance, going so far as to push them into your spot if they give you the hook. Having this defense up will have a constant drain on your ego.

DRAMATURGY - LUST

You can now embed lust in your scenes.

DRAMATURGY - ANOREXIA

You can now embed anorexia in your scenes.

DRAMATURGY - CLIMAX

Syntax: SCRIPT CLIMAX SHOW
        SCRIPT CLIMAX WRITE <text>
        SCRIPT CLIMAX EMBED <effect> <effect> <effect> <effect> <effect>
        PERFORM CLIMAX AT <target>
Inspiration: 25% (to embed the effects)

You can write a climax and perform it at others like any scene. For a climax, however, you can embed 5 dramaturgy afflictions instead of just one. You cannot have any subtext in a climax. See AB DRAMATURGY FIRSTSCENE.

When performing a climax with all 5 effects embedded, you will give the target all 5 afflictions. However, if the target already has one of these afflictions, he or she will be stunned instead of receiving that affliction. The stun time will lengthen based on how many of the embeded afflictions he or she already has.

Everiine said:
"'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
-Synkarin's Lament.

Comments

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Eritheyl said:
    6120h, 5700m, 6595e, 10p, 27900en, 26400w ex-
    drama pratfall at kregarn morshoth bridget stratas shulamit
    You poke Kregarn in the eye with two fingers, who then falls backwards onto his bum. Kregarn rolls 
    into Morshoth, who does a bellyflop onto the ground. Morshoth attempts to stand, but instead slams 
    his head into Bridget's groin, who then somersaults over Morshoth. As Bridget flips end over end, 
    her feet plunge into Stratas's stomach, who goes flying backwards. Stratas crashes into Shulamit, 
    and they both go sprawling down in a tangle of flailing limbs.

That is all.

Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • edited March 2013
    So

NOTE: Scenes must make sense, not be obscene and should be obvious that you are doing something to the target. Be aware that all scenes are recorded for administrative review.

Does this mean using them like this:

Malarious snaps a golden mandolin at ^target's throat, crushing ^target_his windpipe.

So I could fake windpipe at the same time? Ignoring it shows up as an emote, since the leprechaun thing could change that a bit.

Or should we be treating them as normal actions and not illusions?

My own thoughts is you take this INSTEAD of illusions, so you probably shouldnt be able to fake illusions off it, but that is not my call.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited March 2013
    According to Kregarn, you can use scenes to mimic other afflictions. It might be a little clunky since you still have to be the subject of the sentence, so a good many things are out right off the bat, but there's the potential for doing some nasty stuff.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Excuse me, but the last thing we need is people performing climaxes at each other.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    I'm slightly amused by the PERFORM CLIMAX AT ability.... thinking some bad thoughts about it right now.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    They are basically either illusions that afflict with a different aff or affs, OR gibberish lines that you can't trigger. 

Luckily they are all slow at 3.8 seconds so not all that effective.
  • If the target can see "you" and it counts, that means it does not really limit much at all.
    It isn't just the target seeing 'you', the player using it also has to be the main subject of the line. So yes, in certain cases, it can be a limiting factor. All generic afflines are out, to start.

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Celina said:
    They are basically either illusions that afflict with a different aff or affs, OR gibberish lines that you can't trigger. 

They have to be sensible and actual sentences.

If you do "Red blue pink argle blargel Malarious Eritheyl ^target blue blue red dog yellow on the pasture yawn Celina", you'll find things going very poorly for you.

Up to and possibly including the loss of your ability to actually write Scenes, etc.

(Now wouldn't that stink.)
    Shaddus sneezes at you, and a golden snot cloud shaped like Eventru bursts over the area, showering golden sprinkles.

^totally legit
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

Eventru said:
    If you do "Red blue pink argle blargel Malarious Eritheyl ^target blue blue red dog yellow on the pasture yawn Celina", you'll find things going very poorly for you.

WELL there goes my first, second, third and fourth scenes. Damn you, @Eventru!

:-S

-

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Eventru said:
    Celina said:

They have to be sensible and actual sentences.

Up to and possibly including the loss of your ability to actually write Scenes, etc.

(Now wouldn't that stink.)
    Well I mean, they may as well be gibberish as far as as system is concerned. Celina slaps a poodle and throws it at Shuyin, before folding an origami turkey and riding it into the sky. Whatever. There's just no way to trigger whatever random crap people are going to come up with.
  • Eritheyl said:

Eventru said:

WELL there goes my first, second, third and fourth scenes. Damn you, @Eventru!

:-S
    Swinging his hand back and forth, Eritheyl shouts a snappy "NO BOOZE NO OASIS, OKURR?" at ^target, who collapses in a puddle of ruinous, tear-globbed makeup.

(You're welcome.)
    Is it bad that I want this tert just to make some really hallifax or fain-oriented scenes?
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I am having the time of my life discussing the trans skill.

Cool skillset.
    Shaddus shouts to the Havens, and a rumbling underground commences before Fain rises upon his steel throne. A horrid chuckle rings out, and you feel as though the smouldering gaze of the Red Masque is upon you.

I dunno, something random.
    Shuyin said:
    I am having the time of my life discussing the trans skill.

Cool skillset.
    Just that one made me really considering giving bard a try... but eh.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    I don't even care about the combat potential at this point, it's just so goddamn -fun- to play with.

Seriously, my new favorite thing.

-

• This is definitely a fun looking skillset. Not going to be so fun to fight against, though, that's for sure. Between more dodge and a 5 aff burst, it's going to be rough. That list of affs, whoo. Is going to be painful in teams.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I'm glad Bards now have Allhex.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Surprised the coders didnt just throw aeon into the list and be done with it.
  • Well, two bard guilds already have aeon available in their primaries, maybe they were thinking of them.

So, what happens when we embed the same affliction five times in Climax? How long is the stun per duplicated affliction?
    Also, please tell me people got sketches of the changed voices.
    edited March 2013
    We're not sure you can embed the same affliction multiple times. I doubt anyone has the inspiration to try it yet, takes forever to build the stuff. And Morshoth has a sealed sketch of Gullagumkeg!

I really, REAAAALLY want to see Rhapsody with the Flock.

-

• edited March 2013
    I am having a great time writing scenes. I will shove cup cakes into people for gluttony, and then make you inhale hallucinogenic smoke. Ehehehe. Now to get credits from...somewhere, to have more scenes!
    Bookbinder by trade! Designer of most other things.

I have a sketch of the swarm of deathwatch beetles... and I can probably seal it too, so eh.

What's the balance on mendacity, anyone?