Malarious Report V2

edited April 2013 in Ideas
Same as always, things are open for discussion.  I tried to remove free insta's and anything that seemed to be questionable for the most part. This report does NOT include mechanics so it is purely skills.    This may have been a tiny bit rushed but someneos kept poking me.

NOTE: I have not checked these for recent reports, I will go back through them later for that.

=+=+= The Chems =+=+=
- Effects
* Allow paranoia to cause a chemists effects to hit them.  Right not there is no way to stop any of these short of being blind (mists dont hit blind? what?).  There should be a way to throw them off that poison users can attempt to capitalize on like every other guild!

=+=+= Aeonics =+=+=
- Foresight
* Give this the cooldown from acro. Half the rate when it fires or if you attack while it is up.

=+=+= Aeromancy =+=+=
- Windwalls CHANGED
* Allow windwalls to be ignited, which converts them to firewalls. This makes them removable and also gives them a bonus against preventing other walls.

=+=+= Crow =+=+=
- Swoop
* Make swoop no longer require perch while in trees or flying. Add a new syntax, TERRIFY, which costs 3 power to attempt and would be how they attempt the insta. Alternatively if the "smart insta" feature is needed add a higher power cost of say 5 or 6 to insta the target.

- Feigndeath
* When this skill fires have it cause you to be untargettable for 5 seconds. You should be unable to cure or act during this period "You are attempting to play dead and any action could give you away."

=+=+= Dramaturgy =+=+=
- General
* Give dramaturgy a lead in line to show it is being used.  "Malarious begins his performance.\n<actual line>."  This would be an easy fix. For RP allow a syntax that is not to be used in combat that removes the line.

- Lust
* Make lust always give an affliction message and be unhidable.

=+=+= Harmony =+=+=
- Regeneration
* Lower the regeneration levels of harmony from 10%/15%/20% to 3/6/10.

=+=+=  Harmonics =+=+=
- Crystalweapon - scalpel
* Change scalpel to be closer to green but with some advantages.  It should give a burst cure to mana and ego as well as health (green cures health) and cure a handful of afflictions.  Current version is not usable will impeded but cures 15+ afflictions and full refresh (thanks to shedrin for testing).

=+=+= Healing =+=+=
- Auras
* Remove the ability of a neurosis aura to cure insomnia.  Bedevil aura should require declare.

- Cure
* Remove the ability to "cure" sixthsense and truehearing by curing the afflictions they are giving. "You attempt to cure Malarious but find he sees through the sixth sense/listens through true hearing

=+=+= Highmagic =+=+=
- Gedulah
* The highmagic version of green.  Lower Gedulah in the skillset from virtuoso to gifted, in line with where green is in lowmagic (2 whole ranks earlier!).

=+=+= Illusions =+=+=
- Illusions various (programmed, weaving, improved)
* These should all require you declare the target for them to be seen, if peaced you are unable to show them to others. No aiding combat peaced.

=+=+= Loralaria=+=+=
- SkySforzando
* Remove the stun from this skill, potentially reduce to 2p.  This is due to the ease with being able to use Climax afterward to readily maintain a lock on the target. Something else could be added to the skill if 3p is preferred. Sapphire would increase the natural timer of the aeon give.

=+=+= Necromancy =+=+=
- Ectoplasm
* Increase the power cost and possibly the eq cost to prevent spam.

=+=+= Night =+=+=
- Brumetower
* Make brumetower stop people from entering the room with the tower but allow seize, cudgel, stag throw, and similar specialized skills to move you into trees still. Climb up should be on a delay.

=+=+= Paradigmatics =+=+=
- Reimagination
* Give Reimagination (negative) a cure, probably focus spirit, if not shiny enough allow REALITYCHECK to be used on SELF/<target> to find the truth of the matter!

- Reality
* Reality should fail in the presence of a smob (no 1 one man counter raids). For every person reality moves reduce the chance it moves someone else, and after X people have been moved its power should wear out.

=+=+= Phantasms =+=+=
- Phantomsphere
* Give phantomspheres a power cost, currently a rangable no power insta that requires running. And/or give them a focus spirit cure to remove.

=+=+= Runes =+=+=
- Haegl
* When haegl is double slung have a message appear ("The power of the Haegl wanes against your already weakened mind" or something like that) and reduce the damage of haegl down to 25-50% of its normal.

=+=+= Sacraments =+=+=
- Inqui line
* Make the inquisition line require the same caster throughout the chain or have infidel close the aura. Presently you can infidel when aura opens, but since it doesnt close and since it does not care who is casting anyone else can instantly inquisition off your infidel.

=+=+= Shofangi =+=+=
- Logami
* Reduce the increase in balance loss from Logami to a lower level.

=+=+= Starhymn =+=+=
- PrincessFarewell
* This skill is cloned by the Loralaria song in this report. So the same issues would exist. Same fix as Loralaria.

=+=+= Stealth =+=+=
- Truss/Rushing
* Reduce the balance on these skills to allow an action following (drag or a form).

=+=+= Tattoos =+=+=
- ElementalTattoo
* Make elemental tattoos 50% chance to prevent being moved, instead of 5%.

=+=+= Telepathy =+=+=
- New skill: Flood
* 2/3 power. When mindblast or psyvamp is used by the flooder there is a 2s period focus mind no longer functions. This should last a decent amount of time but not huge amounts, as the 2s focus killer is pretty powerful with normal afflictions being every 4.

=+=+= Tracking =+=+=
- Pits (all)
* This one took some thought, and in the end I came up with..... give tracking a new skill "Pit Fighter" that allows you to attack people who are in pits, as well as giving SLIDE DOWN to enter the pit for no balance and ESCAPE PIT to leave for a very small balance.  However, remove the ability of those without the skill to attack people in pits, a target cannot hit the same pit closer together.  This is a heavy report, it has further explanation at the bottom.

- Springs
* Increase the chance to resist these, potentially increasing every time you hit a spring. Presently you can hit 14 in a row without fail (that was the max we had set to eachother).

=+=+= Transmology =+=+=
- Spix
* Change spix from transfix to paralysis. Transfix is too powerful an affliction to have passive, and while it is "defendable" you can use several skills to strip sixth sense which always has a delay to put back up.

- Ectoplasm (Nose)
* Increase the power cost and possibly the eq cost to prevent spam.  Give a second line to show you have been covered in ectoplasm similar to Necromancys.

- Hekoskeri
* Make hekoskeri require a target to focus on.

HEAVY REPORT
-Pits
*Why?   Pits currently completely screw over a target in group combat, the only way to escape costs power and can still be prevented from starting by afflicting. You can insta kill the target and there is no ready way to get out of it.  It is an almost guaranteed kill and with things like gust, whirlwind, and fearaura allowing you to readily force people into a pit where they cannot defend themselves.  Some adjusting may be required to reach a good balance, like allowing a target a chance to see a pit they have hit before (even if concealed again). I am open to ideas or discussion on this of course.
* SLIDE DOWN? ESCAPE PIT?  This allows a warrior to quickly enter a pit and attack the target who may have just hit spikes, snakes, etc. ESCAPE PIT allows them to pursue the target if they escape without waiting on climb themselves (to encourage actually fighting in the pit). Optionally could add one more syntax to allow the warrior to automatically track the target if they leave.
* Anything else?  Yes!  Because of how well the warrior can make use of pits, I would like to prevent being able to instantly chase out of pit and reconceal. If there is a more elegant idea for all this I am open!

I have avoided most of the new skills because I expect them to change a fair bit and they are in a state of limbo as to their intent.  I only had the one general change.

Have something else to add? Disagree on something? I will be here for discussion as well as others I imagine!  Get the blood flowing and be productive. On an unrelated note I think I might make a report on Mechanics (nonskills) later!

Comments

• Re: Phantasms Phantomsphere

The only time Phantomsphere kills is during group fights, when it gets lost in the spam. Otherwise, Phantomspheres provide no hindering whatsoever; it's a walk in the park to run around our out of the demesne to remove them. Provide a hindering aspect to Phantomspheres to account for the power cost. The power cost would make it less spammable in group combat, while hinder would make it viable in 1v1.

Re: Paradigmatics Reality

Reality should be uncastable in an smob/nexus room, and it shouldn't throw you into an smob/nexus room.

If it's broken, break it some more.
  • edited April 2013
    In the event you are outside a group and it is a solo effort there are some other things.

1) You can pull sphere to your room (while with target) and walk out while simultaneously ordering it to attack, and you know it can hit.
    2) If you get to highish spheres, assuming the other person doesnt hinder you from leaving. You are forced to run and wait a fairly long time. This costs the mage next to nothing, it is still subject to change. Run or Die is bad practice.
    3) I would not call it a viable tactic 1v1, it is just a way to make a person run.

EDITS:
    Timeslip being added

Windwalls were changed

What do you all think about this change for ectoplasm:  Make it half as effective against warriors/monks or those using limb balance?
  • And at that moment that the mage isn't present to hinder you, you could walk away to clear that sphere, and move back in. It does cost the mage something - time, and considering the demesne effects of a mage, running time where no engagement occurs between the two parties can be pretty costly for the mage. I agree, though, that 'run' as a cure is unappealing. Add a focus spirit cure to phantomspheres or something.
  • edited April 2013
    I really like the report.  Added suggestions:

Hekoskeri:

Make it single target instead of hitting ALL enemies.  Currently, it is way out of line.

Balestone:

Curve out the damage the larger the group, similar to trample.
    Edit: As per report 400, this already occurs, but perhaps it should be nerfed slightly.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • While we're at it, what are the other mechanics that have 'run' as cure? Might be a good time to add proper cures for them now.
  • edited April 2013
    PhantomSpheres: You have to run for longer than the spheres take to use, and the mage can cause you to flee a group without ever getting with you all.

Balestone: This was already done (report 400)

Hekoskeri: Two options being one option added, I forgot the second one. Open to discussion. (Sorry Illuminati!)

Run or Die:   Pspheres, Rubies (kind of), Inquisition (its cure was removed), allergies, anything else?

Also adding:
    - Shockstone
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Elemental Tattoo - 45% more movement resistance is pretty ridiculous, sorry mate.

Inquisition should've been changed a long time ago to only work on the person who started the chain, similar to how Sacrifice works now. Whenever you get Heretic'd, you just have to start running.

As a Mugwump, when I am timeslipping, I will very rarely be hit by someone without passives. Level 3 eq is faster then anything else. No Guardian class should ever lose to a Monk/Warrior if they can just spam timeslip.

Shieldstunning will hopefully be changed after the Cacophony report gets submitted this month. If not, for shame!

Pits are ridiculous, and have little to no use in 1v1 combat besides tackle spamming to cure out of something.

Poor Hero-Ectoing to save me, I will miss you :(

Don't have to much of an opinion on anything else.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • You can gpent someone into a (flamed mono) room and phantomsphere them to death. Shatter is faster than shield.
  • 45% more means 50% on a common skill, not even 100%. Its 50 weight which is alot given what else that could be imo.

5% is useless and no one will ever use it. 50% is fine, we have artifacts to completely negate it and we are not even trying to imitate that.

You pick the oddest report to dislike.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Oh thats my bad! I was thinking it was the Interference tattoo, not the useless elemental ones. Carry on!
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • I'm personally curious as to the particulars of the scalpel effect in comparison to true heal and biased against giving something a cost that requires 10 attacks against a target to charge, which may not be sufficient cost in a combat situation for the benefit ( noncom so nil if I know the absolute numbers ) but I'd rather limit the effect or increase the required charge then incur a power cost on top of or in replacement of that.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• I agree with the majority of the report. Here's another that you'll want to add if I know you:

Shofangi Logami - Reduce the arm balance malus from crazy ecto levels to ~20% like tomati does for general balance.

Also for foresight another potential route to deal with it is to reduce its cost and give it a similar nerf that acrobatics dodge received (if you dodge then you have a reduced chance to dodge again). As it is right now I've seen things with TKs on foresight users where the foresight eq loss has stacked (although this was a while ago and may be fixed now).
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Timeslip sounds off. It's always been the slowest cosmic defence for me, and upon timing it, it comes out to 4 seconds for me. I'm not sure how Silvanus is getting 2 seconds on it, unless he is using quicken alongside it. If he's getting 2 seconds as a mugwump without quicken, then it is more likely just bugged and should be reported as such.

Regarding Scalpel:

You can't discharge scalpel while hindered in such a way that would prevent normal actions (while I believe trueheal allows you to). Scalpel also gives no prismatic. Given that the scalpel takes up 10 hits to recharge, it's not likely to get many multiple uses in a true fight any more so than a 10 power skill. Most of the time, you won't be spamming scalpel hits over hindering/afflicting unless you have your target down solidly, or generally have the advantage such that you are not liable to need to use the scalpel. If it's getting a fat power cost in addition to needing recharging, it ought to do something more, like being usable while hindered. Otherwise, I agree that it's probably better to soften its casting effect or increase the hits needed to charge it instead.
  • I'm pretty sure, but doesn't the scalpel charge off mobs as well? Going into a fight with a charged scalpel is pretty much something I'd assume every institute will be able to easily do. The 10-hit charge will prevent it from being spammed often in the fight, of course. It's pretty much a one-off, but powerless version of trueheal (?? does it cure affs?) without the prismatic shield.

The recharging mechanic is nice flavour, and I guess the admin won't want to change it. Having a powerless full refresh, however, makes an already tanky class that much more tanky. Remember that even though it doesn't put up a prismatic, institute does have passive shield. I don't think it's neccesarily unbalanced, but giving it a higher cost (power or otherwise) appears to be a reasonable request given its effect, I guess.

• It's odd, most people sit here and talk to me about how great glamours is (and how much better than dramaturgy it is) but you are suggesting a buff for glamours, and nerfs for dramaturgy.

Not saying these people are right, but maybe something to look into.

• Perch is apparently a free action now - as would climb up. Why would people need to use the power-cost syntax?

Lerad said:
    I'm pretty sure, but doesn't the scalpel charge off mobs as well? Going into a fight with a charged scalpel is pretty much something I'd assume every institute will be able to easily do. The 10-hit charge will prevent it from being spammed often in the fight, of course. It's pretty much a one-off, but powerless version of trueheal (?? does it cure affs?) without the prismatic shield.

The recharging mechanic is nice flavour, and I guess the admin won't want to change it. Having a powerless full refresh, however, makes an already tanky class that much more tanky. Remember that even though it doesn't put up a prismatic, institute does have passive shield. I don't think it's neccesarily unbalanced, but giving it a higher cost (power or otherwise) appears to be a reasonable request given its effect, I guess.
    You have just completely disregarded that you can't use scalpel in a hindered state, which I already emphasised, and which is probably when you would most want to use it on yourself.

That you can't is a bigger concern for me than the prismatic, assuming Malarious' solution were to be implemented. Diamond also isn't necessarily going to stay as it is right now.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

*facepalm*

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    You can't use serpent hindered either and you see that work all the time. Hindered isn't really a big deal.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin said:
    You can't use serpent hindered either and you see that work all the time. Hindered isn't really a big deal.
    Serpent also saves you primarily through its prismatic, which comes back if you break it. Would you propose removing prismatic from serpent?

=+=+= The Chems =+=+=
    - Effects
    * Allow paranoia to cause a chemists effects to hit them.  Right not there is no way to stop any of these short of being blind (mists dont hit blind? what?).  There should be a way to throw them off that poison users can attempt to capitalize on like every other guild!

I think this has been suggested over envoys at least a dozen times. Admin don't seem keen on making it to so and I suspect it is a lost cause at this point.

=+=+= Aeonics =+=+=
    - Foresight
    * Increase the cost of this skill to at least 3 power. This is basically an improved version of dodge for almost no cost. Easily maintainable permanently.

Or just change it. We really don't need more dodge style skills. Especially Researchers which have through the rough survivability.

=+=+= Aeromancy =+=+=
    - Windwalls CHANGED
    * Allow windwalls to be ignited, which converts them to firewalls. This makes them removable and also gives them a bonus against preventing other walls.

No opinon.

=+=+= Combat =+=+=
    - Shieldstun
    * Change this to use normal balance instead of arm balance, reduce stun times with a cap of 3s at 25.

Already a report up for this.

=+=+= Cosmic =+=+=
    - Timeslip
    * Reduce the equilibrium loss from hitting into timeslip to 1.5-2 seconds. Make the minimum casting time (mugwump) 3ish.  Right now its 3s off eq and 2s casting time (credit to silvanus, who actually identified this, yay for willing self nerf!).

Sounds like reflection. Sure, why not. One of the myriad of ways to turtle forever so I don't see it as a huge deal.

=+=+= Crow =+=+=
    - Swoop
    * Make swoop no longer require perch while in trees or flying. Add a new syntax, TERRIFY, which costs 3 power to attempt and would be how they attempt the insta. Alternatively if the "smart insta" feature is needed add a higher power cost of say 5 or 6 to insta the target.

Swoop is great, does not need this. I think it used to work while flying, due to a report, but it bugged out and resulted in Xenthos swoop bombing people. I'd support it working while flying but the other buffs aren't needed. It has a very useful niche.

=+=+= Dramatics =+=+=
    - Review
    *Add the ability for this skill to notice someone merely performing actions via dramaturgy. Dramaturgy is either new illusions and should be subject to review or arts, or should not be able to mimic illusions.

- Feigndeath
    * When this skill fires have it cause you to be untargettable for 5 seconds. You should be unable to cure or act during this period "You are attempting to play dead and any action could give you away."

No to feigndeath. Really not necessary.

=+=+= Dramaturgy =+=+=
    - General
    * Require dramaturgy be normal actions, not improved illusions. Really it is just improved illusions in most every way.

- Lust
    * Make lust always give an affliction message and be unhidable.

Yes to both. The former completely destroys the flavour of the skillset and gives them super illusions. Really strange design. The latter is good. I don't think masked lust was supposed to ever in a bard's repetoire. (Fool with empress is kind of hidden but not really)

=+=+= Glamours =+=+=
    - Flare
    * Make flare always give afterimage right away. Fascinate can still strip without power.

Already a report for this.

=+=+= Harmony =+=+=
    - Regeneration
    * Lower the regeneration levels of harmony from 10%/15%/20% to 5/10/15.

I personally think even 15% is too high. Should cap at 10%, it's outside of racials and harmony monks are already extremely survivable.

=+=+=  Harmonics =+=+=
    - Crystalweapon - scalpel
    * Give a power cost of at least 8 to its special ability. Which heavily mimics trueheal and is currently free.

- Shockstone
    * Reduce the max off eq. If you get shatterplexed and instantly shockstoned you will be soullessed 100% of the time before you can recover.

Tip of the researcher iceberg
    =+=+= Healing =+=+=
    - Auras
    * Make giving an aura require declare on prime.

- Cure
    * Make curing a "defense" require declare, or remove the ability to cure a defense.

Make healing aggressive? No. Insomnia stripping is not a reason to do this. It's not even a big deal.

=+=+= Highmagic =+=+=
    - Gedulah
    * The highmagic version of green.  Lower Gedulah in the skillset from virtuoso to gifted, in line with where green is in lowmagic (2 whole ranks earlier!).

That's weird. Probably should just be hotfixed rather than reported.

=+=+= Illusions =+=+=
    - Illusions various (programmed, weaving, improved)
    * These should all require you declare the target to function. Why? These can be used peaced to effect combat and curing, placed at points to mess with people, and can be used to help others in combat without declaring.

I think they need to make illusions targetable rather than roomwide, and require a declare, and only declared people trigger programmed.

=+=+= Loralaria=+=+=
    - SkySforzando
    * Remove the stun from this skill, potentially reduce to 2p.  This is due to the ease with being able to use Climax afterward to readily maintain a lock on the target. Something else could be added to the skill if 3p is preferred. Sapphire would increase the natural timer of the aeon give.

I dunno what this even does.

=+=+= Necromancy =+=+=
    - Ectoplasm
    * Increase the power cost and possibly the eq cost to prevent spam.

This has been needed for ages. Ectoplasm is just too good and too spammable for the cost. Especially considering the classes that use it can capitalize and kill you if you fail to cure it just a single time, and the cure itself eats a hefty eq if you don't have an artie.

=+=+= Night =+=+=
    - Brumetower
    * Make brumetower act as gravity while in trees, not be 100% cannot enter. This gravity should effect entering, leaving, or climbing down.

I'm not opposed to a change to brume, but that solutions sucks. I don't want an ability that anyone can get from a shrine. I don't see the big issue with brume, it's a double sided sword, but if a good solution was proposed I'd look at it.

=+=+= Paradigmatics =+=+=
    - Reimagination
    * Give Reimagination (negative) a cure, probably focus spirit, if not shiny enough allow REALITYCHECK to be used on SELF/<target> to find the truth of the matter!

- Reality
    * Reality should fail in the presence of a smob (no 1 one man counter raids). For every person reality moves reduce the chance it moves someone else, and after X people have been moved its power should wear out.

Think there is a reality report already up.

=+=+= Phantasms =+=+=
    - Phantomsphere
    * Give phantomspheres a power cost, currently a rangable no power insta that requires running. And/or give them a focus spirit cure to remove.

I just hate this skill based on the premise that it forces the person to run or die, and the caster doesn't even have to see you to kill you. Absolutely terrible design, even if it is hardish to pull off. Run or die mechanics are bad. Always.

=+=+= Runes =+=+=
    - Haegl
    * Similar to constallation and sun in astrology, prevent haegl from being double flung, or weaken the second rune a considerable amount (only 25-33% of normal perhaps).

Don't see a problem with haegl in group fights, there's a limit as to how useful it is since toad is 8 power. Really don't see a problem with it in solo combat. 

=+=+= Sacraments =+=+=
    - Inqui line
    * Make the inquisition line require the same caster throughout the chain or have infidel close the aura. Presently you can infidel when aura opens, but since it doesnt close and since it does not care who is casting anyone else can instantly inquisition off your infidel.

It is kind of obnoxious Celest has never had an envoy reasonable enough to adjust this skill. Team sac was removed due in large to Celest's complaints. It's pretty much a mirror situation.

=+=+= Stealth =+=+=
    - Truss/Rushing
    * Reduce the balance on these skills to allow an action following (drag or a form).

Yes. Stealth is no harmony.

=+=+= Tattoos =+=+=
    - ElementalTattoo
    * Make elemental tattoos 50% chance to prevent being moved, instead of 5%.

Way too high. 25% maybe.

=+=+= Telepathy =+=+=
    - New skill: Flood
    * 2/3 power. When mindblast or psyvamp is used by the flooder there is a 2s period focus mind no longer functions. This should last a decent amount of time but not huge amounts, as the 2s focus killer is pretty powerful with normal afflictions being every 4.

Telepathy does not need this right now. It needs better telepaths to really explore what the skillset is capable of first.

=+=+= Tracking =+=+=
    - Pits (all)
    * This one took some thought, and in the end I came up with..... give tracking a new skill "Pit Fighter" that allows you to attack people who are in pits, as well as giving SLIDE DOWN to enter the pit for no balance and ESCAPE PIT to leave for a very small balance.  However, remove the ability of those without the skill to attack people in pits, a target cannot hit the same pit closer together.  This is a heavy report, it has further explanation at the bottom.

- Springs
    * Increase the chance to resist these, potentially increasing every time you hit a spring. Presently you can hit 14 in a row without fail (that was the max we had set to eachother).

No to the first, pits are already hugely powerful in group fights without a warrior in it with you preventing you from escaping it. Sure to springs.

=+=+= Transmology =+=+=
    - Spix
    * Change spix from transfix to paralysis. Transfix is too powerful an affliction to have passive, and while it is "defendable" you can use several skills to strip sixth sense which always has a delay to put back up.

- Ectoplasm (Nose)
    * Increase the power cost and possibly the eq cost to prevent spam.  Give a second line to show you have been covered in ectoplasm similar to Necromancys.

- Hekoskeri
    * Make hekoskeri require a target to focus on.

Not sure about the first, the other two seem fair.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited April 2013
    Morshoth said:

It's odd, most people sit here and talk to me about how great glamours is (and how much better than dramaturgy it is) but you are suggesting a buff for glamours, and nerfs for dramaturgy.

Not saying these people are right, but maybe something to look into.

There's a nuance here I think is being missed. Even if a skillset doesn't necessarily shine out, if it's working in an undesirable or borky way, it's best to fix that, even if it's a "nerf" or "buff" the skillset doesn't need.

In this case, dramaturgy doesn't really do much for most of the classes it gets, it just adds unnecessary levels of frustration for people fighting it, as they work out how to code around it, or spam reject to catch hidden lust. It's a bit of a one-trick pony that doesn't need to be that way. Beyond that, it's 'undesirable' in that it goes against the balancing philosophy of quite some time, by adding in more illusions to combat and generally backsliding. So yes, it should be fixed in the way proposed (which has been proposed elsewhere, by actual envoys - more than once), so that it can be adjusted to have more use (and unique flavor) for all the guilds that get it, instead of a silly one-trick laffriot for one.

Similarly, the glamours thing adds another layer of balance chasing that bards don't really need, and one that quickly becomes irrelevant in a group. Fixing the layer stacking to be less onerous and adjusting the skills that need balancing (with a shift in scaling numbers, a twiddle of the duration or chance dials) will smooth out the curve some, and make it less spam-required to really use. 

EDIT: My god, these forums are obnoxious. Also, why isn't there a preview function, that's just dumb!
  • edited February 2014

• edited April 2013
    Wait, what?

If you removed prismatic from serpent, there would be literally nothing left, since that's the only thing it does. It sounds to me like you're talking past Synkarin's point, Vivet -- he is saying that there exist  opportunities for people to activate serpent when they are losing a fight, so by extension there should still be opportunities to activate scalpel where it will be effective despite the hinder restriction.

That said, I agree that scalpel already has other restrictions that would make anything near an 8 power cost a bit excessive. I could see 2-3 power, as it is still an incredibly powerful effect to get for free.

EDIT: Being reminded that scalpel can be discharged to fullheal allies, I agree with Enyalida that 4-5 is an appropriate power cost.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    A better comparison is healer sacrifice, as the scalpel's main use is on other people. As far as I'm aware, healing sacrifice cures the same gamut of things, full vitals and all affs. However, healer sacrifice costs a huge chunk of health (possibly 2/3rds, as a percentage of unblockable damage) to do, and 2 power. The scalpel is essentially a free healer's sacrifice with no damaging downside, on the divinus attack tool at that! A power cost of 4-5 would be appropriate. 
    Or we can just soften the effect of the scalpel's discharge to be more in line with the other weapon discharges. Right now there's already little reason to pick other weapons since divinus is so utterly fantastic for bashing in the current global weakness/resistance spread, so bringing it in line with the other weapon discharges would at least make them look a little more interesting comparatively. Adding a power cost to something that already has another opportunity cost associated with it will just produce headaches.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited April 2013
    Does hekoskeri also affect eq? It seemed like it did. Can someone confirm? I personally think it should just be changed to something else. It triggers on attempted movement, rather than actual movement. It triggers with the illuminati not in the room. Hits all enemies, instead of one person...Procs on skills like loneliness and fear. It's rough, man.

Ectoplasm probably does need a look at, though I'm not sure if the solutions are appropriate. I guess more discussion should be had about that. But as a melee class, I can tell you it's fairly brutal fighting anyone that has it. I kind of wish it only worked on 'regular' balance loss or only worked to increase balance loss from skills or afflictions that actively steal balance, so you can continue to attack just fine. Doesn't change the kill method, but means you don't destroy melee classes so darn easily. Maybe that's going too far though, so willing to see arguments for and against.

I think double haegl needs a nerf too. It hits me for 32% of my max mana (and 48% under NSBs). It's a bit broken in groups on lower mana targets. Even with all the blessings I can stick, it still drops me way too fast to be reasonable. And this isn't multiple haeglers doing it either. Just takes one.

I agree with the gedulah change too.

Most of these are pretty ok ideas.
  • Without speaking to anything suggested, I noticed a few people are getting a bit tense on a couple of subjects.

Remember that the eponymous "Malarious Report" is one player's wants, and isn't actually under admin review nor consideration beyond the general tenor of the Ideas forum. In other words, it's purely academic and unless an envoy cares to take something from it and submit it via the standard system, that's all it will be.

You mean lower mana targets are prone to mana kills and mana loss? What is this witchcraft.

Double heagl+NSB was already complained about (perhaps justifiably) and nerfed. It's powerful, but not any more powerful than something like 3 warriors or similar tactics. It's really the last bastion of solid group synergy Glom has to compete with all the new skillsets and warrior mobs, and I suspect nerfing it is more motivated by "I died to it" than "it's not balanced." In the context of this game, it's pretty balanced and as a kill tactic, it has counters (including one in highmagic created just because Fillin didn't like that he could be mana killed and the admin let that partisan report slip riiiight on through) and limitations.

And no, no one takes the "Malarious Report" title seriously. It's more a discussions on possible future reports.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited April 2013
    Celina said:

You mean lower mana targets are prone to mana kills and mana loss? What is this witchcraft.

Double heagl+NSB was already complained about (perhaps justifiably) and nerfed. It's powerful, but not any more powerful than something like 3 warriors or similar tactics. It's really the last bastion of solid group synergy Glom has to compete with all the new skillsets and warrior mobs, and I suspect nerfing it is more motivated by "I died to it" than "it's not balanced." In the context of this game, it's pretty balanced and as a kill tactic, it has counters (including one in highmagic created just because Fillin didn't like that he could be mana killed and the admin let that partisan report slip riiiight on through) and limitations.

And no, no one takes the "Malarious Report" title seriously. It's more a discussions on possible future reports.

The difference between this and multiple warriors is that it's one person doing 32% mana drain in a single hit. That's pretty brutal. Under nightshade blues, you push that up to two people and you get 48% mana drain. Higher mana targets take less than this, but we're talking higher than 6k here apparently.

By the way, hod ticks way lower than most required mana kills and doesn't put you back above the 50%. It helps against mana kills, but rarely ever saves you. Let's be honest, everyone is weak to mana kills. Mana is used for a number of things in a fight, even more than ego. You need it to focus mind, focus body, focus spirit, clot, cast certain spells and so forth. I'm not asking for a huge debilitating nerf, but there needs to be a bigger cap somewhere. Not sure why I even had to go into this...

Ps. Everybody gets mana kills (except Gaudi and Halli) and everybody gets runes.