Malarious Report V2

124»

Comments

• I did not say a bard with afterimage.

I actually believe the tactic of timing beast out (beast on 10s, spix on 12) for spit niricol to strip sixth sense was a decently usable one. Reliable enough (only hits shrug I believe, 100% transfer of course) to do a number.  The fact a beast can run out seems acceptable given the damage even just 5 transfix's hitting would do.  Transfix is a powerful affliction and the defense against it is easily removed with only beast balance.  In groups, well lots works in groups, obviously transfix would be more reliable.

Most guilds pays power for transfix, why they gave it as an ent is beyond me, though nothing about original illuminati was balanced anyway heh (I did say original, the new ones are better).
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    "Reliable enough" is entirely subjective. It's either reliable or it's not. I just fundamentally disagree there. That's the most I can say about that topic.

I guess I just don't understand why you can't just lay on the hadrudin if you're a poison using class. If you aren't, you have numerous avenues of avoiding this crazy combo. Name a class and I'll even help you out with specific tactics to counter it. 

And again, the last sentence really just seems like you hate transfix. it's really not the worst aff ever, I promise. I'd say sluggishness is. Harr harr.
  • The problem I see with spix is that, unlike the vast majority of passive entities, the spix alone is enough to pretty much stop a person's offense in its tracks once it manages to catch them unblind. Part of the tradeoff for having an aff tick passively is that the affs that do this are generally fairly trivial to cure (melds or wiccan ents are pretty much ignorable by themselves without considerable active input from the melder/wiccan).

A 4s transfix every 12s means that someone being targeted by the spix will be spending 1/3 the fight writhing out for however long the person remains unblind. The majority of us seem to believe that you have enough high-priority herb afflictions to keep someone who doesn't want to be in an even worse situation unblind fairly indefinitely, which makes the transfixing pet a problem.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Separate to the haegl, NSB, spix stuff, since TP's nerfed ego drain was brought up in the discussion, I was thinking that what if amplifyphobia had a secondary effect of some added ego loss on phobia fear symptom ticks?

Outside of telepathy, I think the only sources of amplifyphobia are through the random mental affliction sources like greywhispers/sapphire gem/echoes(or was it oracle?), and I don't think some minor ego loss will impact anything there since the sources are random and ego isn't going to be a priority vital against non-tp's. While Loralaria's Violetvibrato list of kombu affs does include it too, it currently does nothing for them since they have no source of phobias, and was on their last report to be substituted for alternate affliction. (well Dramaturgy has now provided claustrophobia as an option I guess.)

Still on TPs, but a trickier thing with its impact on revolts, one thing I never liked is using debating as a source of ego drain mid-combat. This is also the case for bards using egovice/debate for damage kills. Debating ego losses are high as the mechanics require reducing the target to 0 ego, TP's kill condition is about reducing them to < 50%.

Summary: Improve TP's ego drain potential as result of active afflicting on a scale suitable to the < 50% kill condition, brush off debates if aggressive action taken in previous X seconds.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Rathan said: (melds or wiccan ents are pretty much ignorable by themselves without considerable active input from the melder/wiccan). 
    Though the level of effectiveness of each meld varies, this is resoundingly not true and really not a great place to hinge the "passives are supposed to suck" argument.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    My thoughts on psyvamp:

Right now it's an imperceptible drain that lasts the duration of the affliction and is a bit awkward to work with. Instead it should work on a visible tic like succumb and drain a certain amount, the amount increasing with the number of mental afflictions on the target.
  • Rivius said:
    My thoughts on psyvamp:

Right now it's an imperceptible drain that lasts the duration of the affliction and is a bit awkward to work with. Instead it should work on a visible tic like succumb and drain a certain amount, the amount increasing with the number of mental afflictions on the target.
    This pretty much mirrors what I'd like to happen to TPs. Right now stacking affs doesn't do much for them when it should be what they are all about.

Celina said:
    Rathan said: (melds or wiccan ents are pretty much ignorable by themselves without considerable active input from the melder/wiccan). 
    Though the level of effectiveness of each meld varies, this is resoundingly not true and really not a great place to hinge the "passives are supposed to suck" argument.
    A pyro meld for example will keep you off salve balance for a significant portion of the time between the ticks, druid meld on the other hand is cured out in about 2s.

This discussion is pretty funny though because it reveals the powercreep from wiccans to new guardians. Researcher ents = wiccans with stronger drains and more potent affs that cannot be separated from them or realistically killed. Illuminati ents = passive cleanse afflictions, transfix and strong mental affs.

Meanwhile wiccans ents drain less stats than researchers do, cause less hindering than illuminati affs, and do less afflicting in general than both.
  • Well said Wobou.

Every new class was powercreeped heavily, then it was toned down while older classes have been buffed.  Chances are some aspects wont be considered an issue (if you had said FREE TRANSFIX when it was bards coming out, we would have said you were crazy).

Many skills/passives are "accepted" by those who use them or are allied to them (you only complain about what hits you usually, I am one of those exceptions, I disagree with allied skills too).