Village Revolts

2»

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I've been enemying the people I catch at it.

Then murdering them.

Because they all seem to be Mag newblets.
  • You been catching Phumdog too, eh?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I think you mean Phudmog.

And yes, he is one of them as well.
  • I takes sooooo much influencing to increase feelings that I think it is pretty absurd to expect people should be easier to catch at it. For that reason alone, a lot of people aren't willing to bother, even in villages with no guards in them. It's fine. Really.
  • Sounds like a morale issue to me.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Mag has incentives for people who do lots of things - like beneficial questing, defense, and also village influencing. It's a good way for the little guys to get gold and stuffs while helping the city. Unfortunately, they get caught and die like bugs under Xenthos' boot. Alas.

Also, I'm with the people saying let's NOT make it harder to influence village feelings than it already is. Statues and guards suck enough, having the villagers shout on CT would make it virtually impossible unless said org had no one online to hear them.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Statues are a non issue. Guards don't exist in villages unless they have miners or something to protect. If village feelings are to remain intact, there should be a way to warn owners of the village that said village is being influenced.  
  • edited November 2012
    Celina said:
    Statues are a non issue. Guards don't exist in villages unless they have miners or something to protect. If village feelings are to remain intact, there should be a way to warn owners of the village that said village is being influenced.  
    There is, POLITICS <village> will show their feelings increasing.

Given the amount of work required to raise feelings via influencing, that seems like a fair enough warning to me.

You could also go through and check the mobs periodically. If they've been influenced, you know someone's been there, and a quick TRACKS outside the village by a hunting user will be a good indicator of who.

Or you could also just influence the villages yourselves, and preempt it.
  • I too don't agree that village owners need another buff in making sure their village remains their village. Have a melder keep watch up in villages to see who's been entering. Put up guards and statues. Enemy people. It's already not easy to sneak into someone else's village; the village owners should at least have some tangible effort to make sure the continue to hold the aforementioned village. Like a wise someone said,

"people are trying to make the game into care bear land ."

P.S. The quote function of these forums suck!
    If it's broken, break it some more.
  • Pretty sure benign on its own will get you to lv3 feelings by the time a revolt rolls around if you don't have anything negative (e.g. an opposing village) dropping it.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Perhaps, but it's enormously tedious to baby sit villages to prevent influencing. It's also borderline impossible to stop anyone who really wants to.