Affliction Revamp

1235»

Comments

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Xeria said:
    Are you kidding? As a squishy Furrikin monk, I have trouble building up wounds in a single kata form. Everyone keeps telling me "oh shofangi deal a lot of damage" ...yes only if you're someone like @wobou with a trans everything and demigod with a peace pony or @sondayga with his Harmony death touch. Otherwise, best I can currently hope for is "survive, hinder and try not to die"
    Don't think you can't do it. Monk is hard to figure out at first, but as you play around and see what works and what doesn't, you'll find it coming easier. Just keep asking Wobou or Sondayga about how they do it and slowly work your way up. It can take a lot of practice to become proficient at combat.
  • edited May 2013
    Knorrith said:
    As a non-combatant I have to say congratulations, this has blown my pathetic little mind. The current system already almost has me in seizure like fits trying to comprehend it but this.. Its well above me. While I cannot offer any educated constructive feedback from this simply because I lack the knowledge and understanding of how all this works, I can say this If something like this was implemented it it would destroy any desire for me to get involved in combat, simply because I know how much added frustration it would add to something I already find extremely difficult and have increasingly less patience for. Not trying to start anything, just placing in my view as one of the little people or a "small fish in a big pond".

*edited to reduce wordiness. My apologies for that.
    I think the admin ought to really consider opinions like this. I know many people here have said that these changes will make getting into combat more difficult, and as a still somewhat newbish person here, combat in Lusternia is VERY complicated and intimidating already. That's partially what draws me to the game, but it's also what drove me away before I'd really gotten into IRE combat when I first created this character. If you want to draw more people into the game, as you've indicated so often recently, then simplifying combat is what you really ought to do. A lot of newbies are going to be driven away by our game's complexity as it is. Compounding that complexity is only going to aggravate the problem. I think that the idea is conceptually cool, like just about everything else in Lusty that you guys design - probably a big reason why so many of us are hooked! - but that at the end of the day, it's just gonna make it way harder for newbies to wrap their heads around the afflictions here. It also really scares me as a warrior.

Not trying to be harsh - again, the ideas are really cool conceptually - but this is my two cents as a newish player.

TL;DR: In addition to all the other problems people have noted, this is going to make our game even more intimidating to newbies than it already is, driving even more of them away.
  • Thanks to everyone who gave constructive input in a positive manner!

FYI, just because I keep pressing for constructive input, doesn't mean I don't listen to what's being said. I do find it frustrating when comments are directed at the admin in a negative manner, whether it be passive aggressive, condescending, sarcastic or just plain hostile, and I apologize if I became too defensive. (Someone once said that they shouldn't have to "sugarcoat" their opinions, but I have to wonder why some go out of their way to "shitcoat" their opinions. Trust me, no one wants to go near anything covered in shit!)

In any event, we'll be placing this project on hold for the present time, but the general ideas are definitely not dead. As such, I'm closing this thread.
This discussion has been closed.