QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Breandryn said:
    @Shaddus - I agree. You are right. The game is lame. Or maybe I am lame. I dunno. Your trolling is a bit non-specific. Regardless, you've made that clear with every post you make that x/y/z isn't wanted here and it seems I fit that today. I'm just gonna go take your implicit advice, now, and stop playing.
    Uh. Do what?

My post was mostly a comment on how it was around midnight America time (130 am my time), and yeah, there wasn't going to be a lot of people visible.  It had absolutely nothing to do with anyone being wanted or not wanted here, anyone or anything being lame, or advising anyone to stop playing.  I'm sorry if you took it that way.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • OI. No ranting in Quotes, take it to the appropriate thread.
  • Vivet said:
    Luce said:
    Shaddus said:
    It's almost like you're posting at Midnight or close to it in America, and people are sleeping or something.
    Yeah, no. One person on Prime and 40 people off should only ever happen when there's a significant event happening offplane, like wildnodes, flares, Ascension, or one of the Flame Lords speaking to people. Frankly I start getting twitchy when the are 20 off​ prime, because that's the point past which astral hunts get impractical. Waving that off as "people sleep" is disingenuous, since those people should ideally log off instead of idle through the night in their manses, and I don't care​ what defenses they need to reraise afterwards.

That or it just indicates mass acquisition of cloaking gems, which seems plausible. Still has the overall same effect if you're not looking at the number of people online, though.

EDIT: I feel like it is worth pointing out since, like demigod, the number of people with cloaking gems making up the overall percentage of those logged in has also climbed over the years.
    For what it's worth, Gem of Cloaking doesn't stop people from appearing in CWHO or GWHO, only QW/WHO.  Having it so that CW/GW will show people that are off-prime (except manses/(aetherbubbles?) ) will make it a bit less daunting for newbies who log in to find only themselves on CW/GW with a bunch of people sitting off-prime hunting or whatever they might be doing.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    My only problem with that is the newbies who see someone on CWHO and can't communicate with them because their Planar doesn't let them yet. Maybe have it show people who you could send a tell to instead of just...everyone and their gran from here to Astral and between? Or remove the planar requirement for tells. That would work, too.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I found something on the old forums that made me giggle.

Daraius said:
    So help me, if it falls on Daraius to make Shavatt babies... Well, that will just be really unexpected.

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:
    I found something on the old forums that made me giggle.

Daraius said:
    So help me, if it falls on Daraius to make Shavatt babies... Well, that will just be really unexpected.

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    There are 2 many golden sovereigns here.
  • Saz Strongleaf, the Hierophant says, "Alright, you just had to touch it as it seems."
  • Avurekhos has been cut down by a delicious gingerbread man.

You see the death occur at rock candy cliffs.

(The Crux): You say, "Such DELICIOUS irony!"

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• edited April 2017
    Item: Earring  Type: Studs  Org: Public  Designer: Ordassa
    Commodities: gold 5 steel 1 onyx 1
    Mortal Reviews: Allowed
    IMPORTANT: The main noun MUST use one of these: EARRING, JEWELRY, JEWELLERY
    Appearance:
    a striped tiger orchid earring
    Dropped:
    Discarded on the ground is an earring, its black and gold stripes creating an illusion of snarling
    movement.
    Examined:
    The petals of this flower are banded in alternating wavy black and gold
    stripes. Spear-shaped, they curl protectively around the centre like a
    five pointed star. Nestled in the centre are overlapping petals arranged
    in a snarling tiger face. Filaments of gold wire protrude from either
    side in a suggestion of whiskers.
    Comments:
    The review panel has returned your proposed design for further revisions. See DESIGN LIST <cartel>.
    The following comments were made regarding the design:
    The examined is a flower only. Please ensure it is actually clear that it is an earring.
    Please ensure you mention in the examined that the item is an earring and not just a flower, thank
    you!

:/ someone has my number.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited April 2017
    brea ninja post
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."

• A new post has been made to the Announce board.

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2721
    Date: 4/1/2017 at 13:53
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Server-side Curing Test

Hi everybody,

We have been working hard on server-side curing and believe we are ready to put out a quick test. We don't have it fully automated yet and are more interested in ensuring it works properly on a step by step basis.

If you wish give it a try, simply type TESTCURE at any time to try it. However, as it is a new implementation, it might be a bit buggy.

- Ianir the Anomaly

Penned by My hand on the 4th of Dvarsh, in the year 470 CE.

<2 seconds pass...>

Tremula's eyes become vacant and wider as a silver light envelops her.
    Green smoke leaks out of Tremula's ears.
    Green flames shoot out of Tremula's eyes as her head explodes, leaving behind nothing but a smouldering stump where her neck used to be.
    Tremula drops a group of 19 auronidion particles.
    Tremula drops a group of 51 weed sprigs.
    Having been too much for the mortal threads of Tremula, she screams in agony as flames engulf her body and burn it to a crisp.

• You build upon your stratagem, adding action one as: EM WHAT BROUGHT YOU HERE? WONDERS, EYES GOING TO ^TREMULA WITH INTEREST. WHY NOT MAGNAGORA OR GLOMDORING?.
    You execute your stratagem.

dear god its so angry
  • Zephyr Kialkarkea Diodorus says, "Careful now. They vibrate when excited."

No context needed.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • ex xypher:
    He is a nimble faeling illuminated demigod and blah blah blah. He is wearing mercurial Mysraian prayer beads, a silver cuff inset with a radiant star ruby, saffron great robes embroidered with a closed eye, a group of 47 rainbowscarfs, a jewelled palette brooch, the Golden Belt of the Enlightened, a glistening, rainbow-struck poppy and a colourful bracelet of woven threads.

And because I have the happiest trigger, it looks like this:

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    edited April 2017
    (Seren OOC): @Ymuli says, "I vehemently object to boning."
  • edited April 2017
    some time later on the market aether....

--[ Ad: #135 ]----------------------------------------------------------------
                                       Poster:      @Breandryn
                                       Price:        ALL THE BOOZE!

Brief:
       name MISSING PERSON: Crimson Goddess!

Post Date:
       2017/04/07 17:03:38

Description:

Oi! Oi! Oi!

Lady Kalikai has gone missing! Where's She at? I don't know!!! That's
    why I'm paying you scoundrels!

Get out there and catch a sniff of what's going on!

Rewards will be in credits - lots of em - provided you have some good
    info!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Are you guys really that bad?
    The deep, rumbling voice of Weiwae says from within your heart, "I am so happy to hear of your progress, and I thank you for bringing my influence over more shards of My Brother Tae."
  • Aloy said:
    They are up aetherhunting when I look over and see @Selenity with this!

(The Serenade): Selenity (from the Aetherways) says, "WE'RE GOING ON A TRIP IN OUR FAVORITE ROCKET 
    SHIP."
    8595h, 5970m, 7194e, 10p, 20940en, 20940w Bexk-
    (The Serenade): Selenity (from the Aetherways) says, "SAILING THROUGH THE SKIES."
    (The Serenade): Selenity (from the Aetherways) says, "LITTLE EINSTEINS."
    (The Serenade): Selenity (from the Aetherways) says, "X_x."
    The deep, rumbling voice of Weiwae says from within your heart, "I am so happy to hear of your progress, and I thank you for bringing my influence over more shards of My Brother Tae."
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    (Polaris): Zyphora says, "XXX HARDCORE WINGED DOOMSTAR."

(Polaris): Shedrin says, "More like gentle winged booty."