Red Star Rising!

Comments

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    What is this Grimbach thing...?
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named is in Lusternia, I guess.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    In the Grimbach of the future, there is only curios.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Let me rephrase: Where did this Grimbach thing come from?
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • People are either intentional or unintentional 'breaking' the bards by influencing them with begging. If this isn't an intended thing, could that perhaps get looked into? Seems to happen more by the day,.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Rialorm said:
    People are either intentional or unintentional 'breaking' the bards by influencing them with begging. If this isn't an intended thing, could that perhaps get looked into? Seems to happen more by the day,.
    Well, the bards are Friendly, so reason would be that the best thing would be to use begging.
  • Also, you get the verses no matter how you influence them, I think.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    The issue would be that when they respawn they are still influenced out (their respawn timer is shorter than their reshuffle timer) - which I believe has been mentioned elsewhere, and yes it's very annoying.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    That is the issue. You have to wait for the things to shuffle. :(

Please fix the bards! Fix the fae while you're at it.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    I do believe the issue comes from the fact that respawn and shuffle timers are separate. The shuffle timer starts ticking at the end of influence and depending on the situation (I.e. it's shorter for revolt influence), it usually takes an hour to finish ticking, while the respawn timer is ticking pretty consistently and does not get reset when the bard is and removed from game in the quest's fashion. (Same applies for fae, no doubt) It might end up being a relatively simple fix, but if it hasn't been fixed by now... especially for fae, it probably isn't.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Eritheyl said:
    Let me rephrase: Where did this Grimbach thing come from?
    He's mentioned in one of the verses.
  • Elanorwen said:
    I do believe the issue comes from the fact that respawn and shuffle timers are separate. The shuffle timer starts ticking at the end of influence and depending on the situation (I.e. it's shorter for revolt influence), it usually takes an hour to finish ticking, while the respawn timer is ticking pretty consistently and does not get reset when the bard is and removed from game in the quest's fashion. (Same applies for fae, no doubt) It might end up being a relatively simple fix, but if it hasn't been fixed by now... especially for fae, it probably isn't.
    The respawn timers are reset when the bards are removed. We are looking into possible solutions, but I don't know if we will have a solid fix.

edited October 2013
    And his name cannot be spoken in game, even in clans, which is a nice touch.

Edit: Least, we're assuming it's a he.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Morkarion said:
    And his name cannot be spoken in game, even in clans, which is a nice touch.

Edit: Least, we're assuming it's a he.
    It might be a plane, or a beast.

It might even be a Shaddus alt. That's what I'm hoping for.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Hoping for a Xynthin situation?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    *Starts combing through the character list for people whose name is remotely close to Grimbach.*

• Zvoltz said:
    Elanorwen said:
    The respawn timers are reset when the bards are removed. We are looking into possible solutions, but I don't know if we will have a solid fix.
    Kinda an OOC thing to do, but would killing the bards make new bards with no running timer respawn? If I understand the explanation given my guess would be it won't, but then again vanishing may be handled differently than death. I realize this is asking for information on the inner workings of the game engine, but if it would help, it would at least give players a workaround until a solution is found.

Also, apologies for my mistaken assessment that begging breaks them. I guess I was the one doing it 'wrong' then with influencing with empowering. Totally forgot to analyze them and went on an assumption.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Killing the bards won't help you. You'll just need to wait for them to shuffle, similar to all other types of influence.

Zvoltz said:
    Killing the bards won't help you. You'll just need to wait for them to shuffle, similar to all other types of influence.
    Actually, if they are killable, killing them will indeed "help".  When they respawn from death they will definitely be influenceable, so you won't be running around the mountains trying to influence something that's not ready to be over and over and over and over and over and over.

Of course, it does mean that it'll be slower for everyone involved (including you) than just waiting for a shuffle; but it does remove some of the aggravation and allow venting of some frustration for a mechanic that shouldn't even exist in the first place.
  • Xenthos said:
    Zvoltz said:
    Killing the bards won't help you. You'll just need to wait for them to shuffle, similar to all other types of influence.
    Actually, if they are killable, killing them will indeed "help".  When they respawn from death they will definitely be influenceable, so you won't be running around the mountains trying to influence something that's not ready to be over and over and over and over and over and over.

Of course, it does mean that it'll be slower for everyone involved (including you) than just waiting for a shuffle; but it does remove some of the aggravation and allow venting of some frustration for a mechanic that shouldn't even exist in the first place.
    Solution would be that when 'hiding' the bards is that their influenced state gets reset. If the engine can do that.

Alternatively the game could kill the mob without dropping a corpse (some mobs don't do this so it must be possible) but then it would take about an hour for a new bard to reappear. In that case there should be more bards running around to compensate.

I'll leave the actual fixing to the admins, I'm just in code mode at work and throwing around ideas ;)
  • Sorry, I should have been clearer. If you are so frustrated by a short wait to influence a mob that you have to kill it to make yourself feel better, then yes, killing the bards will help you. If the help you want is to actually influence the bards in a timely fashion when you see them, killing them and waiting another full reset time for them to come back is just going to slow you and everyone else down and be a detriment to your efforts.

At any rate, the problem should be solved now. If you continue to have problems, please file a detailed bug report.

Zvoltz said:
    Sorry, I should have been clearer. If you are so frustrated by a short wait to influence a mob that you have to kill it to make yourself feel better, then yes, killing the bards will help you. If the help you want is to actually influence the bards in a timely fashion when you see them, killing them and waiting another full reset time for them to come back is just going to slow you and everyone else down and be a detriment to your efforts.

At any rate, the problem should be solved now. If you continue to have problems, please file a detailed bug report.
    Are fae also fixed?!

• Xenthos said:
    Zvoltz said:
    Sorry, I should have been clearer. If you are so frustrated by a short wait to influence a mob that you have to kill it to make yourself feel better, then yes, killing the bards will help you. If the help you want is to actually influence the bards in a timely fashion when you see them, killing them and waiting another full reset time for them to come back is just going to slow you and everyone else down and be a detriment to your efforts.

Are fae also fixed?!
    I don't know how fae are intended to work so I didn't apply this change to them. You should bug it if you feel there is a problem.

Zvoltz said:

Xenthos said:
    Zvoltz said:

Are fae also fixed?!
    I don't know how fae are intended to work so I didn't apply this change to them. You should bug it if you feel there is a problem.
    It's definitely a problem, and been bugged / rejected as a bug multiple times.  I'll go ahead and re-bug it again for you though!
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    So, did everyone get Dumaliel, or were their different possible special ikons that could have been earned?
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    edited October 2013
    I'm starting to feel like I'm the only one who did this everyday for the 21st. Awkward.

So I'll share what I've got:

/-----------------------------------------------------------------------------\
    |                      Dumaliel of the Glittering Clouds                        |
    | Limited Edition                                         legendary character |
    +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Initiative: 3               Cooldown: 5 turn(s)                    Power: 6 |
    |                                                                             |
    |                      He restores 10 point(s) of life.                       |
    +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |                           This Ikon is empowered.                           |
    |              This Ikon ignores group restrictions in gestalts.              |
    \-----------------------------------------------------------------------------/

Glorious golden clouds surround you as the brilliant figure of Dumaliel alights gracefully upon the nearest bank of fluff. With a wonderous twirl, he leaps from cloud to cloud in a mesmerising dance, swelling your body and spirits as you stand in awe of his beauty.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I missed a day.  X(
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Well, you can't say it out loud either.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • D: I didn't even know this was a thing until recently, when it was too late for me to do it and get rewarded
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • I got Dumaliel, too.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."