Red Star Rising!

No, it's not a communist takeover!!!

(Or is it?)

Have fun!

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.

PleasebeDragonspleasebeDragonspleasebeDragonspleasebeDragonspleasebeDragonspleasebeDragonspleasebeDragonspleasebeDragonspleasebeDragonspleasebeDragonspleasebeDragonspleasebeDragonspleasebeDragonspleasebeDragonspleasebeDragonspleasebeDragons

I mean uh, wooooo doom event 2013/2014 begins*! <3 to Estarra and the team for the time they've put in setting this year's up, been looking forward to this ever since the ending of the War of the Wheel.

*Yes techincally it began a while back, but this is the meat and bones of it!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Is there a sparknotes version of what "began a while back" ?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I forget, how do you keep track of how many times you've done a monthly quest again?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I think it's QUESTEVENT.
  • Congratulations! You have received the reward for completing the special event
    quest 1 times in February!

Right number, wrong event. O_o
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • When you influence your third bard of the day, it will show you how many you have done.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I'm really enjoying the little bard snippets so far. If this is supposed to be another doom prophecy, it sure isn't a typical one!
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Well, I influenced 3 bards... got nada beyond their prophecy thing.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.

• Elanorwen said:
    Well, I influenced 3 bards... got nada beyond their prophecy thing.
    It definitely shows up and you are showing as receiving credit for today, so you must have skimmed over the notification.

• I will say that I didn't see comment either, but I gag some influencing stuff. I'll see what shows up tomorrow. If QUESTEVENT could be used it'd be really nice though, as that way we can keep track! :D
  • It definitely shows up, you get a line for
    You have heard the verses of the Red Star 1 days in October!
    once the third guy gets influenced. I didn't see it until I went to look for it, though, kind of blends in.
  • This was my third guy:

In a strange, hollow voice filled with song, a dazed bard says, "Alighting from cloud to cloud, where Raziela delights."
    [H:100%|M:100%|E:98%|P:10(94%)] [W:27888|E:26400] [xlrdbkBD] [Mounted] [nil]
    As his eyes clear, a mysterious presence rips a dazed bard from the location 
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I had to influence a fourth to get a message, I think, but I can't recall offhand. I'll keep better count tomorrow.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    The foothills of the Razine Mountains.
    It is uncomfortably cold. The fire gone from his eyes, the broken body of a
    bard lies here.
    You see exits leading north and south.
    3949h, 4618m, 4941e, 10p, 16765en, 21320w ex<>-
    "bard (dead)118322"       the corpse of a dazed bard
    Number of objects: 1

Don't think you're supposed to kill them, kids.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• MoiMoi
    edited October 2013
    Prediction: Drocilla
    In before Skye's Hallimonks prediction.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Iytha said:
    Prediction: Drocilla
    I'd wet myself.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Ungfh the bard messages are so beautiful.
  • They are pretty. I just wish I knew when I was done for the day. No messages on that still, despite 4 today. Yes, I checked. :P

• Interesting fun fact: Grimbach is an anagram for Big Charm.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Shaddus is coming.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Shaddus is coming.
    TMI.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Apparently this Grimbach guy is serious. You can't even sing his name in a Faeditty.

Saro open his mouth to speak, but suddenly turns purple and makes strangling noises.
    Shabinar Saro the Dancing Leaf sings, "Gah!"
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Hiriako said:
    They are pretty. I just wish I knew when I was done for the day. No messages on that still, despite 4 today. Yes, I checked. :P

It's a bright red line when you influence the third bard. I had to look four times to see it.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Shaddus said:
    Apparently this Grimbach guy is serious. You can't even sing his name in a Faeditty.

Saro open his mouth to speak, but suddenly turns purple and makes strangling noises.
    Shabinar Saro the Dancing Leaf sings, "Gah!"
    In the Grimbach of the Future, there are only fugues.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

It does certainly look to be a Divinus immune/Excor-go-crazy hunting ground.

Wonder if doing the pro divinus side will give soulless curios...

• As long as it's connected to another water plane for me to harvest merbloom on, I'm good. The rest of you can have all the bashing area you want.
  • Talan said:

I love the idea of a song that *can't* be sung.

I look forward to the mirror-dream version of Celestia that will become a large, high-level, excoro-weak/fire&divinus-immune bashing ground. Also it will be a giant aetherbubble on astral/cosmic. Also the mobs will be influencable. And there will be chocolate there.

Can i please like this 50 times?
  • I hope so too. Giant sprawling heaven-plane full of terrifying old-timey angels with lion heads. Yes.