Dingbat Items!

Since the dingbat promotion is running another month, we'd like to add a few more dingbat items. What would you like to see? We wouldn't be adverse to more traditional artifact-type items that are in dingbat form!

Comments

• An aethergem like the other ones, only it produces honey (not honeycomb) which can also be used as a commodity for cooking etc. 

Prettyplease. Mmm honey. 

As a note: honeycomb wouldn't be made redundant by this, as you'd still need to use them to make previous designs, or if you want to use the honeycomb as a thing in a design. yupyup.
  • edited October 2013
    While it's not really a traditional artifact-type item, I wouldn't mind seeing manse gems that allow for an herb environment to be set. There are far too few swamp lands for myrtle, calamus, and horehound. Slightly higher prices for environments such as Elemental Water for merbloom and Elemental Earth for earwort.

[EDIT]
    Herbs would still be subject to hibernation/decay in mage terrains, perhaps also restricted from Nature Guard. The only other issue I could foresee is the necessity of treetops for mistletoe.
    The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "The Challenge of Life has ended!"
    The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Aerys stands as the Champion of Life!"
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited October 2013
    Needy Spouse Badge --> Lets you lastlogin your spouse.
    Why not during combat?!
  • edited October 2013
    Doll grab bag: 25-40 dingbats. Unwrap like a present to receive a random doll that is retired. May be a doll you already have, so be warned!

I like this one! 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Shuyin stands here, wielding a sign that says "Insert sap/ecto message here."
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited October 2013
    Doubt it'll trigger if it's in the room message. If it's in quotations, also impossible on a good system. Would need a char limit though...

We could have cheerleading squads!
    Well, yeah. A character limit and obviously admin oversight is important.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited October 2013
    Gargle's Doll-O-Matic Recycler - The ultimate doll item, place your unwanted doll in the machine and recieve an entirely random one. This also includes retired dolls! Usable once per Lusternian month.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    1) I love it.
    2) Lower that asking price.  Sheesh.  500 dingbats?
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited October 2013
    Totally defunct post, no idea what Xenthos is on about at all.  :-\"

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of dingbat item as a companion to race hat/locket that allows you to speak a racial language.  Would make being a tae'dae without mechanically being a tae'dae a lot easier.
  • I took bookbinding for that exact reason, Tarkenton, so I could speak orclach.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Require that someone owns an appropriate race hat if they want, but I wanna be able to speak tae'dae dammit :P
    Morkarion said:

Gargle's Doll-O-Matic Recycler - The ultimate doll item, place your unwanted doll in the machine and recieve an entirely random one. This also includes retired dolls! Usable once per Lusternian month.

Knowing what little I know about Lusternian items, I'm going to say that this is almost impossible. It would be nice though.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    A way to get my hands on a Nifilhema doll that has been retired since before I knew what dingbats are would make me one very happy camper.

Being back the wayfaire and allow us to buy different dingbat beasts!
  • Honeycomb generator manse item.

Kouseki generator manse item.

SWEETGRASS generator manse item.
  • edited February 2014

• Boddynottin's Binoculars: 200db
    - Allows you to squint up mountain locations to see if there is anything on any level.
    - Lets you SURVEY (while scaled) to see which level of mountains you are currently on.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Anita said:
    An aethergem like the other ones, only it produces honey (not honeycomb) which can also be used as a commodity for cooking etc. 

Prettyplease. Mmm honey. 

As a note: honeycomb wouldn't be made redundant by this, as you'd still need to use them to make previous designs, or if you want to use the honeycomb as a thing in a design. yupyup.
    Why do you specifically want honey rather than honeycomb? Is there anything where you can't use honeycomb to substitute for honey requirements in a design?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited October 2013
    Honey is not even listed as a useable commodity as per DESIGN LISTCOMMS.... :-/

• Akyaevin said:
    Anita said:
    An aethergem like the other ones, only it produces honey (not honeycomb) which can also be used as a commodity for cooking etc. 

Prettyplease. Mmm honey. 

Why do you specifically want honey rather than honeycomb? Is there anything where you can't use honeycomb to substitute for honey requirements in a design?

Because honey is crack for tae'dae.

Do not question the bears.
  • You should see the honeycombs Ceana eats... O.O
  • edited October 2013
    Akyaevin said:

Anita said:

Prettyplease. Mmm honey. 

Because when I posted a honeycomb aether gem idea, it was shot down by people because you can already get honeycombs on faethorn.

Of course, honey would have to be made a comm (please) if it was made.

Or just take the idea of the honeycomb aethergem, my original idea, and that way it's all much easier

Quotes got messed up, my phone is confusin.
    Shaddus said:

Apparently I win this thread.
  • edited October 2013
    Shaddus said:
    Apparently I win this thread.

^:)^ 

^:)^ 

Is also the Shintar.
  • Plain/Fancy/Exquisite Pedestal Cap - When attached to a pedestal, it allows you to IMBUE PEDESTAL WITH <num> ESTEEM, up to 500/1000/1500. It will then automatically imbue any figurine with the esteem contained within over a period of 1 day. In addition, any esteem purchased from this pedestal's figurine will be transferred with a 33/66/100% lower loss rate, provided the figurine has not been removed in the last Lusternian month.
  • Esteem is too good already.