Absence Thread

Comments

• I forgot I promised my old theatre professor I'd audition for Christmas Carol. Rehearsals begin this week and will be every night (save the weekends), from 7:00-10:00PM. And I get off of work at 6:30, so that literally gives me 30 minutes of life until December 11th.

Also...Dragon Age: Inquisition comes out Tuesday. So there's that, as well.

Undoubtedly I will find a way around it (it's a huge show, and so I'll probably get some downtime at rehearsal to play), but I still may be absent quite a bit over the next three weeks. But I will come back! 

• Peridot said:
    I forgot I promised my old theatre professor I'd audition for Christmas Carol. Rehearsals begin this week and will be every night (save the weekends), from 7:00-10:00PM. And I get off of work at 6:30, so that literally gives me 30 minutes of life until December 11th.

Undoubtedly I will find a way around it (it's a huge show, and so I'll probably get some downtime at rehearsal to play), but I still may be absent quite a bit over the next three weeks. But I will come back! 
    Ooh, which part are you playing? And I hope you carry this over into the game to make @Peridot an actress
    Retired.
  • Haezon said:
    Peridot said:
    I forgot I promised my old theatre professor I'd audition for Christmas Carol. Rehearsals begin this week and will be every night (save the weekends), from 7:00-10:00PM. And I get off of work at 6:30, so that literally gives me 30 minutes of life until December 11th.

Ooh, which part are you playing? And I hope you carry this over into the game to make @Peridot an actress

@Haezon , @Peridot has already starred in her first play!
  • Daganev said:

Haezon said:

Peridot said:

I did, and she would love to do more! It was fun.

Not sure who I'm gonna be yet; auditions are tomorrow night. Everyone who auditions gets a part, since it's a traditional, big community play. No crazy Shakespearean ordeal or anything (but, those are fun!) I'll still let you know what I end up getting if it's anything exciting.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Not really an absence, but my online presence will be (unfortunately) reduced for a bit because a certain someone managed to fuck up my laptop charger. Not quite sure how you manage to bend the prong almost at a 45 degree angle, but no amount of work I do with it is fixing it and it's about to sail down the river. So until I manage to figure something out I'll be around, but not nearly as much. Sorry!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I will be on vacation from the 27th to the 1st of next month. Just so that people who'd need me for library or guild stuff know. As per usual, message me if you need me for anything.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • I'm notleaving I just had a massive schedule change recently that is going to cut my play time down. So, no more near 15 hour Drakius. I will be around from 8ish to 3ish my time, not sure how that transfers toyour time. It was 830 when I posted this if you want to convert
    The playa you love to hate
  • Not exactly an absence, but I likely won't be around that much until life calms down, my mental health issues are a bit more sorted, and I can see through my right eye again. If anybody needs me, message me and I'll get to it within 24 hours.
  • Peridot said:

Daganev said:

Haezon said:

Peridot said:

I did, and she would love to do more! It was fun.

Not sure who I'm gonna be yet; auditions are tomorrow night. Everyone who auditions gets a part, since it's a traditional, big community play. No crazy Shakespearean ordeal or anything (but, those are fun!) I'll still let you know what I end up getting if it's anything exciting.

I'm Mrs. Cratchit! :) Between this and Dragon Age, I may be a bit absent for the next week, and particularly Dec 1-11th. I'm too obsessed with Lusternia to leave forever though. :3

• Hi! Just letting everyone know I'm not dead (Neos' assassination attempts failed :-\"), just sick. so I'll return when I'm not full of disgusting yucks and gross things.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    This is, once again, more general advisory for activity than a specific absence.

They've had to let too many people go at work and I'm back up to 60~ hour work weeks for the last few weeks. This is why I've been far more sparse of late. Unfortunately, we're at a dip in the hiring season where we'd be absurdly lucky to pick up anyone else until after the Holidays, and with the extended background checks required, it is more likely than not that I'm stuck with this for at least several months.

I'm already utterly drained from work and responsibility by the time I'm home, so my limited free time is more likely to be dedicated to really relaxing, rather than attempting to manage an e-society. I'll still be logging to help with things now and again, but I have zero interest in leading or trying to take/maintain domoths. Just deal with whatever's up when I'm around.

Hopefully that helps to clarify for some people, apologies otherwise.

• ~600 miles away from my computer for the next week, meaning no system, none of my utility code, and no access to a keyboard that doesn't cause severe cramping in my hands. Needless to say, I likely won't be online during that timeframe. Should be back Sunday night assuming all goes to plan.
  • Rialorm said:
    I will be on vacation from the 27th to the 1st of next month. Just so that people who'd need me for library or guild stuff know. As per usual, message me if you need me for anything.
    As an addition to this, Glom library contest will be processed when I get back.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • edited December 2014
    So...somehow I managed to post a completely empty comment.

I won't be about much until the 5th or 6th of December.
    With an exasperated sigh, you say, "One moment please, I'm threatening a muffin in a box!"
  • Hi-lo people!

As I do almost every year when December rolls around and SAD kicks in, I'll be scarce for a bit. Lavinya won't really be able to tell the difference since I was such a bad GA in the first place, but now you know I didn't die from my illness! (Until Neos tries again). I'll still answer messages through the toolbar, and will be on facebook and skype. So I mean.. If I owe you money you can still get it!

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    You're fired! (hurry back, I need someone to pretend to accept me bossing them around)
    Pectus said:
    Hi-lo people!

As I do almost every year when December rolls around and SAD kicks in, I'll be scarce for a bit. Lavinya won't really be able to tell the difference since I was such a bad GA in the first place, but now you know I didn't die from my illness! (Until Neos tries again). I'll still answer messages through the toolbar, and will be on facebook and skype. So I mean.. If I owe you money you can still get it!

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Lavinya said:
    You're fired! (hurry back, I need someone to pretend to accept me bossing them around)

Ow
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Thurs-Sunday I'll be doing my yearly fuzzy convention-ing and as we're staying at the con hotel this year I'm gonna be totally unavailable, messages et al. So try not to crash the City or something. Or at least clean up before I get home. 

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Maellio said:
    Thurs-Sunday I'll be doing my yearly fuzzy convention-ing and as we're staying at the con hotel this year I'm gonna be totally unavailable, messages et al. So try not to crash the City or something. Or at least clean up before I get home. 
    Time to unleash the booze and partay!

Just kidding, but... have fun either way.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • edited December 2014
    Elanorwen said:
    Maellio said:
    Thurs-Sunday I'll be doing my yearly fuzzy convention-ing and as we're staying at the con hotel this year I'm gonna be totally unavailable, messages et al. So try not to crash the City or something. Or at least clean up before I get home. 
    Time to unleash the booze and partay!

Just kidding, but... have fun either way.
    Well... considering that's what I'll be doing IRL... fair is fair.

[Edit: A suggestion so nice it quoted you twice]

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• I am mostly back. I find myself busier after my vacation than I did before. I'm logging on daily again to check for letters, and dealing with messages and stuff as it comes. If I miss something and you don't get a response soon, do poke me.
  • I'll be back Monday guys, play nice and don't forget to feed and walk the novices.

I better not come back to soiled and starving kids.
    The playa you love to hate
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    My parents arrive any time now, Leo is on holidays, so it's time for me to be social. I may likely be logged in and afk in my manse but I am not really here until after Christmas except for brief stop-ins.

• I'm going to be gone all this week until next saturday thanks to mandatory-christmas-trip to the middle of nowhere with no internet.

Unplugging is fine an idea and all but when you have absolutely no choice but to attend it's extremely aggravating.
  • I'm not -really absent- but I am really enjoying my alt. Just mostly a reminder to anybody that needs to reach Maligorn in game, that I'm just a forum PM away.

Unless it's something like "come influence this village with your warbling trillisma".

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I'm out of town visiting family for the next week. I'll keep up with messages and will pop in here and there, but not much until I get back home.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited December 2014
    Going to be scarce as I gradually travel back home, and settle back in.
  • Put work on hold for the holidays/events, now it's come back with a vengeance worthy of the Oracle. I will be a rare sight till about the 15th... hopefully. Least that's the deadline, gods have mercy on my dark soul if I fail to deliver.
  • Don't forget, @Drocilla, there are plenty of technical people who can help work out the algorithms for a script if something gets stuck.  Sure we might not know (or even be allowed to know) the internals of Rapture, but there's a ton of people who can say ``Oh? Use Floyd's algorithm.  Here's how you do it...'' if you get into a bind.  The worst that happens? Just by describing the goal/issue/bug to another person then you'll discover the solution yourself before they even get a chance to answer.

Well, it works for me anyway.
    </RANT>
  • Alas, it's nothing of the sort. My second job is for a publishing house, I'm remaking their language textbooks into new exercises for an online learning platform.