General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Talan said:
    I put my phone down somewhere with the volume silenced.
    :(
    If it is an iphone with Find My iPhone enabled, or an android device that you've paired to Android Device Manager (and the device is hooked into your wifi or has mobile broadband enabled), you can force it to ring and it will turn the volume up to full strength even if you muted the device.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • edited November 2015
    Sakaki said:
    Talan said:
    If it is an iphone with Find My iPhone enabled, or an android device that you've paired to Android Device Manager (and the device is hooked into your wifi or has mobile broadband enabled), you can force it to ring and it will turn the volume up to full strength even if you muted the device.
    Oh man. It comes up "ringing" but then that notification goes away... I hope that doesn't mean I left it somewhere and someone has found it.

Edit: It doesn't. I found it under the passenger seat in my car (I only looked there three times) @Sakaki, you're my hero!
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • My boyfriend and I broke up. I'm torn between "Thank god" and "I miss him waaah."
  • Talan said:
    Sakaki said:
    Talan said:
    Oh man. It comes up "ringing" but then that notification goes away... I hope that doesn't mean I left it somewhere and someone has found it.

Edit: It doesn't. I found it under the passenger seat in my car (I only looked there three times) @Sakaki, you're my hero!
    I swear by GPS tracking tools these days, my sister's phone was stolen once after I told her REPEATEDLY to set it up - she got the 'I told you so' treatment - the only consolation she got was that she had the IMEI number so the telco could turn it into a very expensive paperweight.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • I really want to see The Dressmaker, and I don't understand why it's not being shown in my country. I guess this is what it's like to not be an American? It's -awful-.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • The dog decided to barrel into me, which caused me to spill my drink all over the carpet in someone else's room. I feel like an ass. I could feel their disapproving glare the whole time I was cleaning it up and apologizing profusely. My only crime was being thirsty! Damn dog!
  • I'm still generally dissatisfied, but now with the added benefit of being sleep deprived due to an old and senile kitty who wakes me up every few hours in the middle of the night.

• Krackenor said:
    I'm still generally dissatisfied, but now with the added benefit of being sleep deprived due to an old and senile kitty who wakes me up every few hours in the middle of the night.

Oh yeah, my sister had a cat like that. Kept insisting on sleeping on me and wacking my face with it's tail.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Talan said:
    I really want to see The Dressmaker, and I don't understand why it's not being shown in my country. I guess this is what it's like to not be an American? It's -awful-.
    Could be that you left it a bit late, it is pretty much at the end of it's theatre run. I did a search for The Dressmaker and came up with a bunch of cinemas that had been screening it but are not anymore.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Kagato said:
    Talan said:
    I really want to see The Dressmaker, and I don't understand why it's not being shown in my country. I guess this is what it's like to not be an American? It's -awful-.
    Could be that you left it a bit late, it is pretty much at the end of it's theatre run. I did a search for The Dressmaker and came up with a bunch of cinemas that had been screening it but are not anymore.
    Nah, it hasn't been released in the US at all so far. It came out in AU/NZ at the end of October, and in the UK/Ireland a couple of weeks ago. The film's IMDB page just lists the release as "2015" with no actual date. Oh well.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Talan said:
    Kagato said:
    Talan said:
    Nah, it hasn't been released in the US at all so far. It came out in AU/NZ at the end of October, and in the UK/Ireland a couple of weeks ago. The film's IMDB page just lists the release as "2015" with no actual date. Oh well.
    I saw this on their facebook page (posted on 1 December):

The Dressmaker We'll be confirming an American release date very soon smile emoticon
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Thrilled at the announcement of Ni no Kuni 2, totally bummed that the main dude is a catboy. Go full furry or full human. The middle ground is repulsive. [-(
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."

• Not dissatisfaction exactly, as I am far and away completely satisfied with the forty years of work Rush has put out and Neil more than deserves this, but I am still incredibly sad. :(
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    On Thanksgiving my agent told me I was cleared to close on my house whenever I wanted. On December 2nd he told me they weren't doing a termite inspection until December 3rd so I'd have to wait until the 8th.Then on the 4th he told me the 11th would be the earliest the attorney could meet with me to sign the papers. Then today he told me they can't do it until the 15th.

What. The. Actual. Flip. These last two weeks have been the most stressful part of this whole process.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Sounds like a poor realtor to me. I'd recommend being sure that a review on Google/yelp/whatever you use for realtors reflect this experience.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Venue for a wedding chosen, now to schedule a time to go and 'tour' it so we can book, hope the fiancee and I are able to secure an April date, and it won't cost an arm and a leg as a deposit. Oh, and figure out what to do about catering, cake, bar, what to wear, rings, who to invite, who to get to officiate, DJ, whether to go down there and drive back same day or rent a hotel, and oh, look I've gone cross-eyed...
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    rent the hotel - totally worth it

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Should clarify that I meant renting a room, not the whole hotel. Our venue isn't at a hotel.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Rent the room. It'll make everything much, much simpler.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Rent the room, and don't tell anyone what hotel so they don't mess with you (my family was jokingly mad that they couldn't find my wife and I).
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Hopefully this isn't too political, but...

Our finance minister was trying to stop wasteful government expenditure. So the president fired him. Naturally, this caused foreign investors to pull out of the country, and our exchange rate to plummet to an all-time-low.

The next day:
    The solstice crates are back by popular demand!

:(( :(( :((

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    This weekend has been a mess of everything piling up and making me feel overloaded with negativity. I was desperately looking forward to my next therapist appointment so I could talk about some of the things that have happened over the past couple days, but now I've just gotten a message from her saying we'll have to reschedule for another week due to a family emergency. Of all the weeks that could happen...It's so tempting to break down and give up, but I can't. 
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    :( Hang in there.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Freelancing is exciting, but it isn't paying the bills as well as I would have hoped and not many jobs available to a designer in the boondocks... So pulling out the resume and reapplying to my terrible old job that makes me work terrible hours and I never get to log in when people are around. Poop.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I am a victim of my own success.

I've been working with my bosses to streamline a process for the last 6 months, longer than I've actually been full-time, and it's gotten so streamlined that we are working too far ahead to be effective. Ergo, I am left here at work for 5 or 10 hour days with next to nothing to do for 4 hours a day but take calls.

I love my patients, but I HATE actually talking to them since I tend to be a lightning rod for those orders. The ones where the patient is on vacation, needed their order 5 days ago, we need a prior approval and a new copy of the prescription, and the courier's truck combusted nine yards from the depot. (Not kidding, these are all orders I've had.) And when I get off each call, I'm in overflow-only status, which means I only get a call if there's no one else to take them. Theoretically, this is so I can do other stuff in the downtime, but A) there's not much to do right now, and B) if there is work to do, the second I start to do it is the second my phone rings.
  • Daraius said:
    Thrilled at the announcement of Ni no Kuni 2, totally bummed that the main dude is a catboy. Go full furry or full human. The middle ground is repulsive. [-(
      as a proud furrikin, yarou strongly disagrees.

• Yarou said:
    Daraius said:
      as a proud furrikin, yarou strongly disagrees.
    +
    Sexy catboys are a thing..
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim: