General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I'll definitely be interviewing, after my first phone call/chat they seemed very interested. The salary and working from home is kind of a dream job, how can I not give it a chance. It might not even work out, but I'm going for it.

I think I'm just paranoid about opportunities that come to me when I'm not even looking after 3 years of clawing to get where I am. When did I become a commodity that companies pursue? It's the second largest bank in the US, I just have to remind myself they have their choice of underwriters, and they came to me. 
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Oh I'm salaried and work 40 hour weeks (usually. Is the exception). But I've found in my area and field that's pretty rare. Most of my salaried customers work much longer than I do for instance!

Was more throwing that out as a general warning that some companies expectation of salaried hours can vary wildly.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • edited November 2015
    My relationship with math can best be summarized as "it's complicated"

I hate math, but at least I got a pass on my latest assignment.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • all the advice the internet gives you about 'smothering ticks' with various substances is a lot of phooey. the only thing that works as a tick repellent is citric acid. i.e lemon/orange/lime juice. splash it on your dog's trouble areas immediately after a walk to scare off all the baby ticks that haven't gotten attached yet. apple cider cut with water is a bust too. all the  'natural solutions' i've found online call for herbs that are imported or outrageously expensive here. :/

maybe i can try lemon grass?? i don't know!
    is dead like the dodo
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I've always heard thick coats of dish soap work.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • i'm going to go with PHOOEY! because the tick will not be smothered. my dog will scrape it off or the liquid will dry up and flake off before it gets to that point. they will not fall off. they end up dead and stay on. if i'm lucky, i can lever it off with a lice comb with the mouth parts intact.

my dog is allergic to various things and has a sensitive skin. i'm not putting dishwashing liquid on her skin.
    is dead like the dodo
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I'm telling you, the best option is just to use tweezers, get as close to the head as you can and pull it out.

The sooner you do it the better, before they get all bloated up

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited November 2015
    I've had great luck with clear fingernail polish and tweezers. Liberally smear it on the tick and let it sit for about 20 minutes and the tick usually pops right off. Of course you will have to hold your dog to stop it from licking.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    It's almost December. Where did this year?
  • Either I gave it to him or he gave it to me, but somewhere along the line both my dog and I have ended up with poison ivy.

• Long story short, I hate living.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Don't hate living, living is pretty great, even when it's not.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Who ever built my parents house is an idiot.
    Well, the plumbing, anyway...
    Have to turn off all the water to the house because a tun no one  uses is broken(well, a pipe to the tub).

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Kiradawea said:
    Long story short, I hate living.
    You may hate living, but we love you! :)

• Synkarin said:
    Yes, except no. It never is. It fluctuates between "survivable" and "why bother surviving-able" and tonight is one of those latter nights when years of frustration and confusion just come pounding down on my head like a sledgehammer and I find that I have to go to some random forum and rant blindly just to let off some steam. Long story short, I still hate living. Short story long, I feel like I have hated living pretty much my entire life. I literally can't remember the last time I felt really at peace and relaxed. I find myself constantly in a situation where I feel like a fool for trying, for bothering. I hate school because it's too easy and I hate that I can't focus on learning anything. I want to learn, yet the only way society accepts you knowing something is through a so severely broken system that I spend more time pondering suicide than homework. I'm bitter, frustrated and angry because I've got no idea how to enter the world or deal with people. I've no idea how to get a job where I'm actually mentally challenged, which isn't helped by the fact that I want a job where I don't have to deal with people at all. I hate this confusing mess of a society where I don't fit in, and I don't even know if I want to fit in. I want to wake up in the morning and be glad, not sad, that there's a new day and I've got no idea how. At least I know that these really low lows are only temporary, but they're a real pain when they show up.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited November 2015
    I'm sorry that you're feeling this way. I wish it was as simple as saying that you're a wonderful and helpful person and that you're appreciated at least by more than a few people on this random forum on the internet (myself included). Since it's not that simple, however, I humbly offer you something to distract you from those feelings for a little while.

Have some silly cats. You deserve them. <3 And on a more serious note, I hope you know you can reach out if those feelings are especially difficult to get through. Everyone here wants nothing but the best for you.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • @Kiradawea and if you're a book person, i have plenty of recommendations to distract you with
    is dead like the dodo
    Kiradawea said:
    Synkarin said:
    Yes, except no. It never is. It fluctuates between "survivable" and "why bother surviving-able" and tonight is one of those latter nights when years of frustration and confusion just come pounding down on my head like a sledgehammer and I find that I have to go to some random forum and rant blindly just to let off some steam. Long story short, I still hate living. Short story long, I feel like I have hated living pretty much my entire life. I literally can't remember the last time I felt really at peace and relaxed. I find myself constantly in a situation where I feel like a fool for trying, for bothering. I hate school because it's too easy and I hate that I can't focus on learning anything. I want to learn, yet the only way society accepts you knowing something is through a so severely broken system that I spend more time pondering suicide than homework. I'm bitter, frustrated and angry because I've got no idea how to enter the world or deal with people. I've no idea how to get a job where I'm actually mentally challenged, which isn't helped by the fact that I want a job where I don't have to deal with people at all. I hate this confusing mess of a society where I don't fit in, and I don't even know if I want to fit in. I want to wake up in the morning and be glad, not sad, that there's a new day and I've got no idea how. At least I know that these really low lows are only temporary, but they're a real pain when they show up.

It'll get better, you just got to keep on fighting and chugging along. There's plenty of resources to help you learn online, everything from Coursera, Udemy, Edx to youtube videos or whatever. I'm not sure what it is you want to learn. In my experience, things tend to work out, but you have to work at it. You definitely fit in, somewhere, and it's really up to you to find it, but I promise there is such a place.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited November 2015
    :S oh gods the stomach bug :<
    is dead like the dodo
  • I went to Gamestop last night and picked up a copy of Pokemon: Omega Ruby. Open it up this morning, and guess what the employee forgot to put in the box...
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    At some point in the past few years, my feet appear to have shrunk. I used to always wear a 9 or 9 1/2 shoe, but now I'm down to an 8 somehow! I'm wearing an older pair of dress shoes for family Thanksgiving lunch/dinner stuff, and they're juuuuust big enough to slide around on my foot a little. Fortunately I don't plan on doing much walking around, but the realization that I need to replace all my nice shoes is kind of a pain. Feet, what is your deal?
  • Have you lost weight recently? I lost a large amount this past year, and my feet dropped by 2 shoe sizes.
  • Feet also shrink as you grow older, unless you are on roids IIRC...
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Krackenor said:
    I went to Gamestop last night and picked up a copy of Pokemon: Omega Ruby. Open it up this morning, and guess what the employee forgot to put in the box...

That is the exact reason why if I buy anything from eb games (nz's equivalent of gamestop) I check the purchase before I leave - chances are that they may/will have messed something up
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited November 2015
    Krackenor said:
    Have you lost weight recently? I lost a large amount this past year, and my feet dropped by 2 shoe sizes.
    I actually weigh a little more than I did when the bigger shoes still fit right. Thinking about that is making me even more confused about the whole thing.  :-/

Tylwyth said:
    Feet also shrink as you grow older, unless you are on roids IIRC...
    I'm only 25! I don't think I'm quite at the shrinking part of "growing older" yet.  

EDIT: OMG I figured out how to fix the broken quote thing when it happens!! :O 

Press the "Show Source" button and find this part at the beginning of the quote. When it breaks, it's because that closing tag is missing. Just add in the </span> yourself and that'll fix it right up. Yay!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Phoebus is settling down. That's why she's shrinking.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • *groans* i'm still sick. i forgot that.
    is dead like the dodo
  • I put my phone down somewhere with the volume silenced.
    :(
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!