General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• That's half the reason I love manual - there are way more people that CAN'T drive stick than can.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Shop was broken into this morning. Looks like we lost one garbage machine that was ours, and a customer's machine. This happens the day I manage two hours of sleep. Hope the bastard ods on his meth.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

Yes, my darling, you can dance soulfully and cause the world to pause and wait with bated breath. But this stage was meant for singers and the spectators came in search of a different death: they came for the swan song to set both heart and soul aquiver before a final silence. Away, therefore, we must away to the shadows where the shadows shall  be the mute audience of our mournful plie before we crumple like marionettes riven from their strings.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Wow. That's...do you need a hug, Siam?

@Tarkenton What did the cops give the over/under?
    About 11k.
  • I don't even know how to explain this without going into super detail.  Short version is that people keep changing plans on me and it's getting to the point that I want to cancel altogether than deal with anymore.

I have a medical service dog.  The place I got him from trains not only the dogs, but the recipients so they know how to handle the dogs properly.  They've partnered with an organization that deals with alcoholics and drug users trying to get clean and sober.  They give some of the people there dogs to train, which is good for the dogs (more dogs trained means more people able to get one) and for the people there, another incentive to keep them trying (their retention rate has gone up drastically since they started this partnership - sometimes people are ready to quit and then find out they're on the list to train a dog, so they stay).

The dog org does what they call a Passing of the Leash ceremony.  Once a year they have this and all the recipients from that year attend to have the leash ceremoniously given to them, basically making them an official pair.  It's a very special event where people's stories before and after the dog are told and how much their life has changed since they were given the dog.  I got my dog last August, so I went through the ceremony in December.

Now they want to do a special one for just the dogs trained at the rehab place (my dog was), which is all great, except this place is like a five+ hour drive for me.  Last time I went to an event there, I caught a ride with a friend and was provided a hotel room, so all I had to pay for was my own food (which still gets pretty expensive when the founder wants to go to nicer restaurants).

So the founder specifically points me out and tells me that I am coming in the tone of voice that offers no argument.  No big deal, should be fun, I'm expecting it to go more or less how it did last time.  So eventually people from the org get ahold of the appropriate recipients saying basically "are you going?  You know you signed a paper saying you would go when you got your dog".  This irritates me, because I've already done it at the org's headquarters, which is only an hour and a half away from me, but okay.  I got to the secretary and basically said unless I get a ride and a room, I can't go.  She says I'm not going to get them, so I say okay, sorry, I just can't go.

A week later the seccy gets ahold of me and says yeah, we have a ride for you.  I said what about a place to stay, and she sounded almost offended when she said she doesn't, so I said again, I can't come.  Another week and they get ahold of me again, saying yes, I have a ride and a hotel room.  Great, I can go!  ANOTHER week and the woman I'm carpooling with calls me and says I still have a ride, but we aren't getting hotel rooms.  She said she's getting one for 50 dollars, I could split it with her, so I agree to, even though it's going to contribute to shattering my bank account.

Not entirely unrelated, I got an email from someone in the org saying I need to send them my story that's going to be read during the ceremony.  My email keeps mailer-daemoning it up, so I log into another email address to send it.  In the email I specifically said DON'T use this email address, I don't check it.  So, naturally, a couple of weeks later I check it, and there's an email saying to please confirm my guest list with them by such a date - that was a week ago.  I emailed her back, saying I'm not taking anyone, sorry I'm late but I don't check this email, please use my other.

Now this trip is for the 12th.  If they get me with MORE changes in the next week, I think I'm just gonna cancel altogether.  This is a great thing they're doing, and I know it'll make the rehab house happy to see what a change they've made in people's lives, but dear god I can't AFFORD this stuff.  Ughhhh.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Phoebus said:
    Tweets is still broken for me. I am displeased! Ever since that argument got moved to its own thread, Tweets doesn't skip to the latest post properly. How am I supposed to live if I must suffer through this minor inconvenience?! Woe.  =((
    Omg me too.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    You know that whole new Gear thread that popped up?

Well, it popped up in Read status.  As in, 25 posts, all brand-new, but the forums thought I had read them.  It appropriately went to the first page when I found it and clicked on it (so it KNEW I hadn't actually read any of them), but the main page seems to think I had.  Frustrating.

This used to be an issue a while back, it was mostly resolved (only occasionally popping up for me at least), but in the last week or so it's become a massive problem with a great number of threads.  I think there's a buggy update or something.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited November 2015
    Xenthos said:

Well, it popped up in Read status.  As in, 25 posts, all brand-new, but the forums thought I had read them.  It appropriately went to the first page when I found it and clicked on it (so it KNEW I hadn't actually read any of them), but the main page seems to think I had.  Frustrating.

This used to be an issue a while back, it was mostly resolved (only occasionally popping up for me at least), but in the last week or so it's become a massive problem with a great number of threads.  I think there's a buggy update or something.

The same thing happened to me! I thought I was just going crazy. Man, these forums are wack.

EDIT: And then my quote breaks. This just further proves my point.
  • edited November 2015
    Xenthos said:

Interesting. 

You know what's strange? Months ago I noticed some avatars that were "jailed" had the jail bars show up half way down their avatar rather than at the bottom. As if there was an animation interrupted in mid-play. 

One time I was reading Marcella's posts, refreshed the thread and Marcella's avatar came up "banned". I refreshed the thread again and ... the avatar went back to normal?  Marcella was not banned on the day I was reading the thread. 

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    And when I go to my profile page, it says I have unchecked notifications. And some comments on my wall don't show up, but they do on the general activity page. The struggle is real.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • When people flag something enough to put it into the moderation queue, the moderator notification stays on for days after I moderate the post :(

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    It wants you to think about your decisions
  • What could be causing widespread, diverse and intermittant problems with a forum? Is the code just not very robust?
    Vanilla forums suck donkey wang, but it's what IRE corporate mandates them using. Would love to see the switch to phpbb, mybb or nodebb.
  • Missing the main chapter of potentially cool Divine-vs-Divine RP because of a Doctors appointment.

Followed by falling on the wet ground immediately outside said Doctor's practice , prompting spending the next few hours bored witless and in pain in the local hospital.
    With an exasperated sigh, you say, "One moment please, I'm threatening a muffin in a box!"
    I wish I had a pun to make you groan and feel better... Or worse, I suppose. Given most people's reaction to puns. Get better!
  • Customer has had her computer for less than three hours and already has like 10 different malware infections.

• Saran said:
    Customer has had her computer for less than three hours and already has like 10 different malware infections.

But it told me I won a free iPhone :( I mean, you can't say no to that...
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    You can talk about confirmation bias all day long, but today has had a higher concentration of unaspected suck than usual.

I just spilled coffee all over my desk and computer at work, which is the first time I've spilled ANYTHING in the last year, hit my head trying to clean it up, which used almost a full box of tissues, and ruined my calendar. All while on the phone with a patient, and with my supervisor hovering in the row behind me. And that was all in the space of 6 minutes.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    FRIDAY THE 13TH
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:
    FRIDAY THE 13TH
    This explains so much about today.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Tarkenton said:
    Vanilla forums suck donkey wang, but it's what IRE corporate mandates them using. Would love to see the switch to phpbb, mybb or nodebb.
    The old forums were fantastic (as was the old website). The new ones never lived up to their predecessors.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Everiine said:
    Tarkenton said:
    The old forums were fantastic (as was the old website). The new ones never lived up to their predecessors.
    Don't even talk to me about the website change. That one still stings. :( I cringe a little every time I realize I never would've started playing Lusternia if the current website had been the one I found.
  • Shaddus said:
    I woke up this morning and my Nigerian uncle's attorney still hasn't wired me the 51,260,774 dollars I'm owed after my uncle's untimely death.
    Maybe give them your bank details again in case they lost them.

And a credit card or two just to be sure!

• Shaddus said:
    I woke up this morning and my Nigerian uncle's attorney still hasn't wired me the 51,260,774 dollars I'm owed after my uncle's untimely death.
    What's the world coming to when you can't trust the attorney of your extremely distant and very well removed Nigerian uncle to hand over 51 million dollars?

For shame, world. For shame.
    With an exasperated sigh, you say, "One moment please, I'm threatening a muffin in a box!"
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Phoebus said:
    Everiine said:
    Tarkenton said:
    Don't even talk to me about the website change. That one still stings. :( I cringe a little every time I realize I never would've started playing Lusternia if the current website had been the one I found.
    There are still sections where things don't render and align correctly, where it still looks like a botched amateur job. IRE did not do their research when they imposed this design on all the games. Lusternia was doing just fine with its website until then.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.