General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited October 2015
    The hunt is on for an ISP. If you don't hear from me after November 6th, you'll know I failed!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • So, I dodged a bullet by cleaning my PSU and saving it. But one week later, I'm out of $125. =(

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I'm guessing the 120 is a SSD?
  • Yeah. Luckily Mudlet insists on saving profiles in C:/ so I still have my system. Yay, I guess.

After losing my stuff the fifth or sixth time, I finally started syncing my stuff with dropbox.  Pain free ever since.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I'm tired of being treated like I don't matter, and I'm tired of agreeing with that sentiment.
    Shaddus said:
    Phoebus said:
    I'm tired of being treated like I don't matter, and I'm tired of agreeing with that sentiment.
    You matter to us, Phoebus.
    Aw, thanks. I'm just going through a pretty weird and shaky period of readjustment in my life right now, so I've been prone to bouts of melancholy. I hope I can stop being the mope monster soon. I wanna post less dissatisfaction, and more raves!
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    *stares at mounting stack of emails*

*cries bitterly*
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    edited October 2015
    Sylandra said:
    *stares at mounting stack of emails*

*cries bitterly*

Just write the emails, woman! It's only going to get worse.

Edit: Dang quotes always breaking.
    edited October 2015
    Ssaliss said:
    I just hope my old graphics card will hold up for it :( Old GeForce GTX 460 is old...
    This is what I'm looking at and I don't quite understand. @Tarkenton please advise. 

I used to make cakes.

Likely you'll end up needing to run it on low settings until optimization patches come out.
    I can live with that. :)
    I used to make cakes.

Odds are they way overshot the required specs.

Ssaliss is likely boned though.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Help I told students I'd give them personalized feedback if they wanted advice before the deadline and now they're all swarming me. :(

Memo to future me: force the students to give you questions to look over specifically, instead of blithely writing notes as you go through their essay (which is a dark, dark rabbit hole).
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sylandra said:
    Help I told students I'd give them personalized feedback if they wanted advice before the deadline and now they're all swarming me. :(

Memo to future me: force the students to give you questions to look over specifically, instead of blithely writing notes as you go through their essay (which is a dark, dark rabbit hole).
    That's why I do math. Giving feedback involves five minutes or a calculator.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    My 2.5 month old daughter came down with a fever of 103 early this morning, so we brought her in the the ER. Her white blood count is super elevated so they are fearing meningitis and want to do a spinal tap to check her fluid for infection.

While she's big for a 2.5 month old baby, they struggled to get an IV started, poking her 8 separate times from various people trying (including NICU unit) until they finally got it. 

She has to stay in the hospital until every checks out.

On top of this, my 2 yr old decides that today is a 'gonna be jealous' day and keeps wanting whoever is holding the baby to hold her. Terrible Twoittude if we don't heaven forbid, so I brought her home to take a nap (it's about 1.5 hours past her usual naptime) while my wife stays with the baby. 

While I know that menigitis is a worst-case scenario, I've never felt so helpless or scared and I feel like I've let her down. It's crazy the effect something that's only been around for 2.5 months has on you.

Here she is dressed up as Snow White for Halloween a few days ago.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • That's terrible to hear... I hope she'll be alright.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Sidd -- remember that this is not your fault. Her getting sick is not your fault -- it's nobody's, because even with perfect hygiene shit still happens -- so don't tear yourself up about it.

• First pic I've seen of Baby Great Smile. OMG, what a cherub. She will be okay, I am absolutely sure of it.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    Dude, prayers are with you and your family.  That really, really blows.  I know I hit deep, deep depression last year when my wife spent a month in the hospital pre-child 2, and he then spent almost a month there due to being premature and all that kinda stuff.   The complete lack of control, of any way to fix it or just do something about it, is miserable.
  • Despite being the same model, my new keyboard is less pleasingly 'clicky' than my previous one.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • I have never deleted an artisinal photoshop file after completing it but.. this month I might have to.. or compress it, when I went to save it out tonight I realized just why it is murdering my computer.

Doc: 96.6M/993.2M <---the file is almost a gig @_@ I hate deleting art maybe separating the pieces it won't be so bad. =\
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Talan said:
    Despite being the same model, my new keyboard is less pleasingly 'clicky' than my previous one.
    There is a whole culture for clicky keyboards.....http://www.clickykeyboards.com/
    Just saying...

Arimisia perhaps you can store it on "the cloud" instead?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @Synkarin I hope she'll be back home and everything will be alright, best wishes for your daughter!
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Help is expensive

Why does medicine and therapy cost so much.

Looks like I'm not buying new stuff for a bit.

ALSO

Thanks for all the support guys :)

• edited October 2015
    Chirbo said:

Help is expensive

Why does medicine and therapy cost so much.

Silver lining: People who pay for therapy out of pocket tend to get more out of it, and faster. Where people who only need to front a $10-20 co-pay might be more inclined to dicker and dither, those who are footing the whole bill tend to be more motivated to confront their issues head on and work to resolve them.

Hope things go well for you.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!