General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Whole area is supposed to be roast beef sammiches, BUT WHEN I OPENED IT IT WAS VEGETARIAN.

I feel so trolled. What monster would do this?
  • I had an employee attempt suicide, documented and I am actually enough of a dick to call the hospital. I gave him time off to maintain, get his life in order, or whatever. He's been back at work for a couple months now and anytime I have to light a little bit of a fire under his ass, he goes all emo on me, even going so far as to bring up what happened and saying, "maybe I should try again."

So he's been slacking and upsetting other employees, but I don't know if I can fire him and not feel guilty if he does do something.

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @Hyrtakos Eh, suicidal employees a very difficult thing. To me, the guy sounds like that he's not getting professional help and likely shouldn't be working at all if he's threatening to kill himself over every push he gets. I would personally suggest trying to figure out what calls you can make to get professional guidance on how to handle such people.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • My fantasy team lost against my office's HR manager by less than a point.

I really wanted to crush her :(
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    New Doctor's office and new pharmacy can't seem to get their shit together.

Thanks for letting me know at 8 am the morning of my appointment that you actually don't stock the medication. It's okay, it's not like I rearranged my work schedule and am now awake 4 hours early for no reason.
  • The intermittent signs and symptoms of a failing PSU is giving me more stress than my work. =(

It's nerve-wracking to experience spontaneous shutdowns and repeated failures to boot... then a sudden and inexplicable recovery with no reliable means to replicate the crashes.

Oh well, I think I have a warranty alive on this PSU still. Gotta find a weekend to see if I can get it fixed.

• When you do sit down to talk with the employee do it with a witness. Preferably with authority in the company.  This could turn into a legal issue. 
    AND my AC is out for the 8th time in 3 months. IN MY BRAND NEW UNIT.

• @Celina where do you dig up all these drag queen gifs from??
    is dead like the dodo
  • edited October 2015

@Kethaera @Kaalak @Aeldra

I appreciate the responses and will certainly be using something from all of them.

• edited October 2015

When you aren't properly trained for the position and guilted into the job because there's no one else who can handle it.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
    edited October 2015
    Xeria said:
    @Celina where do you dig up all these drag queen gifs from??
    Google DRAG RACE GIF

edit: I've also seen every episode so I can search for specific GIFs.
  • Salome said:

When you aren't properly trained for the position and guilted into the job because there's no one else who can handle it.
    Yeahhhhhhhh.  Thanks to @Esca for doing his best to make me look like I'm smarter than I am.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Wait is this IG or IRL?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    Wait is this IG or IRL?
    Oh dear, I probably put this in the wrong thread. <.< I'm that tired. Sorry Dar.

The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • No, probably my fault.  Not paying attention, I assumed IG, @Salome I think meant IRL.

• Actually, yes I do mind.  Please don't USE DATABASE and then OPEN CURSOR all over it.
    </RANT>
  • Ok, I'm no longer amused by being asked so many math questions at work, mostly because some parents are freaking insane. We don't have access to the keys for the homework the schools give, so we either have to make our own or do our best to check them as they come. It's actually incredibly hard sometimes, both because we're always so busy and because thanks to common core, 4th and 5th grade math homework makes no logical sense to anyone.

Wouldn't be so bad except for one parent who insists, loudly and angrily, on perfection in her precious snowflake's homework- snowflake, of course, being an obnoxious brat who only wants to be given the correct answers, not actually learn or understand any of it on her own. And the new rule is that I'm the only one allowed to work with her or check her homework... because I'm so good at it. Yaaaay...
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
    edited October 2015
    When the corporate powers that be set quotas that have no direct correlation with business or profit generated, but I'm just negative and wrong about it. I couldn't possibly know what I'm talking about, I've only exceeded the profit goal set my corporate every month for 5 months running (aka since I've been hired). 

See that team over there? They hit their quota of calls and messages. 

Nevermind that they have literally half the profit goal and volume of contracts generated, including half the volume of problems that must be resolved by me, OR that they have a fully staffed team of four where as I'm a team of 3 that has been OPENLY ACKNOWLEDGED by the same corporate powers needs 5 associates to manage the volume. 

The point is they did it, so it's possible and all the crazy "context" and "staffing"  and talk is just an excuse. We need you to hit these numbers that you have proven do not directly correlate with the profit and business goals we've set for you because reasons.

edit: Oh, and nevermind the fact they we reduced the amazing wonder team's profit goals again, so they will also be paid more than you for doing less work. See them as they chat and gigglefart around the office like it's fucking social hour. That's work. That's hitting their goals. You're slacking. 

BUT I'M NOT BITTER

• Upset stomach. Maybe that sandwich wasn't such a good idea after all.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Getting into arguments with people in authority, woo. Hi white wine.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Or, in the case of my most recent trip, is just flat-out broken. The WAP covering the section of the motel where our rooms were was dead (tried forwarding requests to a non-existant IP and errored out), so the only way I could get anything was to take my computer and sit in the lobby with it.

I got to spend a fair bit of time chatting with the front desk staff though!
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    The last hotel I was at Internet was atrocious. Super slow, disconnected constantly, and then eventually stopped working completely. I ended up getting an Ethernet cable and plugging in to the net that way and all my issues disappeared. The net was actually surprisingly fast, so from here on if I have extended business trips I'm going to bring an Ethernet cable just in case. I'm not sure why their wireless router was so bad, but bypassing it worked wonders for me.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Speaking of terrible hotel internet, I was just informed that I am leaving Sunday, and will be gone most of next week. This means that I will have 3-4 days at home, before the two-week trip that has been scheduled for months.

I am NOT HAPPY.
  • Unlimited data FTW
    Stangmar - Retired

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Feeling kind of oppressed by my current situation, but I really do have more opportunities here. Just have to make myself take them somehow. Ok. I can do this. Maybe. I hope.  :-S Hrng.
  • We FINALLY get a new head coach and new quarterback and start winning (all of our) games, and then the idiot quarterback had to go and pop on a drug test and get suspended for the rest of the season.

• Zeleni said:
    We FINALLY get a new head coach and new quarterback and start winning (all of our) games, and then the idiot quarterback had to go and pop on a drug test and get suspended for the rest of the season.

Substance found in an over the counter med. Should have checked with his team first, and rules are rules. But first time offences tend to get reductions at appeal. Could be worse, you could be USC.