General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Let the woodland critters go commando. 
  • Hate being sick.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • edited September 2015
    y'lnow what boggles my mind?

my local equivalent of the holy book thumpers who think the world is flat and that anyone who reads anything more than the labels off the food packaging must be trying to be a pretentious assprick, because they must be pretending to be smart.

it makes reading in public difficult. very difficult.

they have no concept of 'satire' or 'sarcarsm', believing it to be a peculiar form of THE OBVIOUS TRUTH.

I am not making this up.
    is dead like the dodo
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Well this is a phone call I am NOT looking forward to.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • There never seems to be an end to descriptions. :(
  • mrrr, on a waiting list... again for a grad job. Have to keep it together enough to get through work.
  • Been sleeping a lot (which is usually great), but still getting over being sick. Starting to feel a bit better, so expect more havoc soon! MUAHAHAHAHAH!
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Ooh yay, that means you can mock me for Tark's poemmetry
  • Manteekan said:
    Been sleeping a lot (which is usually great), but still getting over being sick. Starting to feel a bit better, so expect more havoc soon! MUAHAHAHAHAH!
    Aww. Somehow it makes me feel better knowing we were sick at the same time.  
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited September 2015
    You've both been sick at the same time for a while. 

Weirdos.

My dissatisfaction: after 45+ minutes asking three different associates at Lord and Taylor to help me with some shoes ($500+ worth and I know these bitches work on commission), and being completely ignored, I knocked over their shoe display and left. I know your job sucks, but I'm nice and I'm being nice even though you're shit at your job, and just asking you to get a couple pairs of shoes so I can buy them. Now you don't get my money, but you do get to clean up that mess. A**holes.
  • edited September 2015
    Yas girl, teach them the error of their ways.

I was bullied at work a couple days ago, and actually I don't even -work- there as I'm a substitute for the school. With this mean girl crap happening in my life, I am ready to table flip - Apparently I don't do my job well so they won't hire me? I spend all my time on my feet catering to the needs of little kidnergarteners,  zipping zippers, tying shoes, opening go-gurts, throwing away trash, herding people away from vomit and blood, checking on little kids outside of bathroom doors, being the bad cop when kiddos are rude. And I've only had one year of experience, and I've already broken up fights and bullying in the school. Needless to say I am extremely irritated because I believe I work really hard to be the best that I can be. And the principle had to step in and discipline the person who very unprofessionally approached me.

It's a load of bullcrap. I work my tush off, people love me. But it still hurts to be told that I suck at my job when I invest so much. The managers at the school know it, I know it, the principles know it. It's just dumb. But since then, this week, I haven't gotten any jobs. :/
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Mysterious water bill from hell. Is something leaking?? Noooooo.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited September 2015
    Oh fragglerock..

I didn't know Glom and Celest had a non-aggression pact until AFTER I killed a Celestian for being a poopscoop. :( Sorry Celest! It was only my third time doing player combat (And one of the times was just the same person twice!). Now I feel like a dweeb for breaking it and causing trouble.
    Player Death
    Marcella was slain by Cercis (Victim had 1200% the might).

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Yes, yessss. Come to the dark side.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited September 2015
    One of our two ovens at work is plagued with random temperature spikes, which results in ruined product, wasted time and energy, and general dissatisfaction for any of us who have to bake in large quantities. This is not a new problem, but it's intermittent and not predictable. You'd think that when the repairman, who makes his living fixing broken ovens, recommends getting a new one, that's solid advice, but the boss's response has typically been something like "oh, the oven has character."

Today I told him it's impossible to provide a consistent product working with unreliable tools. I wonder if he thought I was talking about the oven.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    While I was away from town my dog fractured a tooth. Had to have it pulled by the vet yesterday.

So much medicine for her. So expense too.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Daraius said:
    One of our two ovens at work is plagued with random temperature spikes, which results in ruined product, wasted time and energy, and general dissatisfaction for any of us who have to bake in large quantities. This is not a new problem, but it's intermittent and not predictable. You'd think that when the repairman, who makes his living fixing broken ovens, recommends getting a new one, that's solid advice, but the boss's response has typically been something like "oh, the oven has character." Today I told him it's impossible to provide a consistent product working with unreliable tools. I wonder if he thought I was talking about the oven.
    How old is the oven and is it gas-fed? Some of them you can't even find parts for anymore because of mercury being within them, but I will take their quality (when working correctly) over any oven being produced today.
  • Son of a freaking poopscoop dumpster-licker!

I just replanted all of Glomdoring only to have someone harvest it down to five just because the hibernation months! Most of the marjoram, galingale and coltsfoot died! Now I have to replant so much :( Sooo much.
    Player Death
    Marcella was slain by Cercis (Victim had 1200% the might).

• edited September 2015
    Cercis said:
    Son of a freaking poopscoop dumpster-licker!

I just replanted all of Glomdoring only to have someone harvest it down to five just because the hibernation months! Most of the marjoram, galingale and coltsfoot died! Now I have to replant so much :( Sooo much.
    Just FYI, the amount of plants in the rooms does not affect the odds of them dying.

EDIT: Also, IIRC, the odds of a plant dying during a hibernation month is 3/4, so most plants will always die (barring guarding or domoth power).
  • At least you have access to those plants at all.  : (

• edited September 2015
    There are a couple of places with forest in it outside of Seren and Glom, 76 in total, distributed thusly:

Kiakodan Nature Reserve : 15
    Tolborolla Valley : 7
    Hifarae Hills : 5
    Arysian Isles : 17
    Caoimhe Dell : 15
    Mornhai Sanctuary : 11
    Plaxios Lowlands : 6

There are also 12 rooms in Kiunid Vruna, but I can't remember where that is (could be a godrealm, could be an area somewhere).

EDIT: That said, I wouldn't really mind if a new forest was found (or even if Ackleberry came back, sans sacred tree and guardians and not being a player org).
  • Oh, that should help a lot, thank you!

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Kiunid Vruna is Maylea's god realm.
  • I get the feeling I'm going to have to put my five month old puppy down.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    :( Oh Alic... *HUG*
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    edited September 2015
    Having trouble keeping my work-related dissatisfaction from infecting my mood elsewhere. Usually I can let things roll off of me but right now it's just kind of a slowly simmering shitstorm that I'm trapped in until a series of puzzle pieces fall into place.
    I used to make cakes.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:
    Having trouble keeping my work-related dissatisfaction from infecting my mood elsewhere. Usually I can let things roll off of me but right now it's just kind of a slowly simmering shitstorm that I'm trapped in until a series of puzzle pieces fall into place.

>:D< Self-care is important. Do what you need to do.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    edited September 2015
    What I really need is for my tiny Daraius origami designs to get approved. Throw me a bone, Charites.   :((
    I used to make cakes.