General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Not counting wake up time, my day tomorrow begins at 7:00 am, includes a 5-hour drive in the middle of the day, and meetings before the drive and after until 9:00 pm. So much for getting some much needed rest :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Arimisia said:
    Stratas said:
    For reasons I can't even begin to figure out, I just can't write anything right now. I don't even know that it's fair to call it writer's block. I have an idea, I like what I'm trying to write, I have little scenes planned out in my head. But it just keeps not happening, and now it's the 26th and all this month I've managed to plunk down is a single, solitary page out of the 12 I'm aiming for. This isn't hard. I purposely picked something that wouldn't be hard. So why is it such a struggle?
    I do this with my art every month.. I am still on line art phase @_@
    baaack to this... realizing after starting to get some basic color down and a little shading.. not enough time to get the level I want so.. have to go through the old art folder of art that was started and never finished for something else that doesn't entirely matter to quickly do instead and have an entire month for coloring and background on the other picture. *la'sigh*
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• edited September 2015
    All I wanted to do today was be a merry minstrel
  • edited September 2015
    Lost my fantasy football match by 0.44.

That's my week ruined.  X(
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    At least you didn't lose 66 to 156
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • My sympathies, though how did you manage that?
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    *grumble* Stupid wireless keyboard deciding it needs to break down right now, sending an 'e' key every half second as long as it's connected. Stupid builtin keyboard having five dead keys... need keyboard *grumble*
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Want to talk about depressing fantasy football losses

I was down 30ish points going into MNF, I have Jeremy Maclin, GB defense, opponent has Mason Crosby.

Maclin has a great game, Defense does well, I'm down 0.9 points going into KC last possession. All I need is Maclin to get a reception (PPR league) or GB to get a sack/fumble/interception etc. First play, incomplete as Maclin slips and falls down. Second play, GB hits Smith, but he falls and ends up gaining one yard, negating any sack

I lost by one yard.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Oddly I had Kelce, and lost by one yard. If he had only turned around on that last play when Smith scrambled.
  • Just like clockwork, I get elected GA, and my real life once again becomes so hellish that I want to quit playing forever and just crawl into a hole. But no, there's work to be done, and I'm not going to be That Guy who gets elected and then stops playing.

Again. I'm not going to be that guy again.

I'd quote some of Hamlet's soliloquy to try to be inspiring to myself, since parts of it are totally badass, but it's actually a really inappropriate thing to be quoting when dealing with a maelstrom of depression and anxiety.

...I'll be okay.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    realized again that 5 hours of sleep is not enough for me to be a functional human being with modest social skills. :-/

@Stratas Good luck dealing with hellish reallife. Doesn't sound very inviting, but I hope you'll pull through alright!
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited September 2015
    ANGRY. all the time angry, yet too scared/angry/caught in a logic loop/not in my temperament to let go and stop being angry. Even when it is in my best interests to do so. 
    is dead like the dodo
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I feel you Stratas. Whenever I've gotten an elected position, my time to play goes to crap and I disappear for a year. Fortunately, not the case since starting in Neko, which has been nice. Biggest thing to remember is you are playing to have fun. If it stops being fun, then take a bit of a self imposed break. Just make sure it stays a break :)
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    So I got a minor lung bug. Lots of phlemg but otherwise nbd. Except that I also work upstairs at my job and live on a 3rd floor apartment. Still, I'm in moderately not terrible shape, so I can cope with being winded for a second or two at the top of a staircase. Oh, except I have asthma too. At least that's under control though, so it only crops up if- Oh, look, one of my coworkers on the second floor, and sitting right next to me, is wearing heavy perfume. I've got a rescue inhaler at least? Oh, wait, it's not as effective if my lungs are filled with crap. Time to abuse caffeine and deep breathing techniques. But wait, isn't my job phone based?

tl;dr: Fuck my lungs. (*coughhackwheezecough*)
  • Tarkenton said:
    I feel you Stratas. Whenever I've gotten an elected position, my time to play goes to crap and I disappear for a year. Fortunately, not the case since starting in Neko, which has been nice. Biggest thing to remember is you are playing to have fun. If it stops being fun, then take a bit of a self imposed break. Just make sure it stays a break :)
    I just got the neko =cat in nekotai.
    ahaha.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• As a note, while neko might mean cat in Japanese, and there are obvious japanese references in the monk guilds, there's no such meaning in the actual game itself. >_>

• How many aslaran do you get, anyway?
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Writer's block. I don't like you very much. Especially when you inhibit my interest in my long-beloved Lusternia.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited October 2015
    I recognize that no one chooses mental illness. But dealing with as my psych degree holding boss says is a borderline paranoid schizophrenic is extremely wearing on my nerves. Especially when she's calling Apple corporate to complain that we don't contact her because she doesn't pick up her phone because she's afraid it's "them" on the other end of the line.

I feel for the lady, but when my corporate overlords are calling because we're "not doing our job" my sympathy dries up.
  • Armed robbery across the street from where I work. A bit disturbing how calm and 'used to it' all the kids seemed to be.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Client: You're kind of rude. I'm sending this to another bank, and I'm telling your boss.

Me: image
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Another Saturday night without an ounce of sleep (alarm would normally be going off in 15 minutes). I don't know why I keep doing this to myself.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Time request off work on Saturday for a craft show, get next to no sleep, do terrible at the show - have to call off Sunday due to a massive migraine. Never call off work for migraines but when I cannot even get out of bed because of it :(
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    These are difficult times for me, with so many ups and downs. At least things will soon change, and I can start to rebuild my life. I hope.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia

Phoebus said:
    These are difficult times for me, with so many ups and downs. At least things will soon change, and I can start to rebuild my life. I hope.
    <3

• Riluna said:
    I am not sorry that I drive the speed limit, and not a hair over. If the sign says 55, I am not going to go 56. I don't care that common practice makes it 60, or that I won't be pulled over for doing so, too. I gave myself plenty of time to get where I'm going.

You riding inches from my bumper will not make me drive faster. It just scares the crap out of me, because you have turned a perfectly safe situation into an unsafe one the moment anything unforeseen happens.

It doesn't help you any that my car is having more and more issues, and I want to replace it. I will be happy to let your insurance do that for me. The mental image of me slamming the breaks, claiming I saw a deer in the road, is becoming extremely compelling.

That I'm a lunatic doesn't make it any less your fault.

Just don't do this in the left lane on the freeway and we're good.  
    Stangmar - Retired

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Having a husband that may have to travel overseas on short notice sucks. I put up with the kids alone last week and it nearly killed me. One freaking day to myself - is it really so much to ask???? Can't deal.