General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• The last week of my life has been both physically and emotionally painful and exhausting.

I miss the old days when I could do things like walk/run without struggling to breathe, or watch a funny movie without having to turn it off 10mins in because laughing at it becomes painful.

/sigh.
    With an exasperated sigh, you say, "One moment please, I'm threatening a muffin in a box!"
  • edited October 2015

• Iari said:
    The last week of my life has been both physically and emotionally painful and exhausting.

I miss the old days when I could do things like walk/run without struggling to breathe, or watch a funny movie without having to turn it off 10mins in because laughing at it becomes painful.

/sigh.

:(
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Will pay an obscene amount of anything for my forearm, wrist, and elbow to spontaneously decide they don't hate me anymore so I can actually type on my keyboard again.
  • Celina said:
    Xeria said:
    @Celina where do you dig up all these drag queen gifs from??
    Google DRAG RACE GIF

edit: I've also seen every episode so I can search for specific GIFs.

...I don't think I did it right.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • edited October 2015
    Baelor said:
    Zeleni said:
    We FINALLY get a new head coach and new quarterback and start winning (all of our) games, and then the idiot quarterback had to go and pop on a drug test and get suspended for the rest of the season.

Substance found in an over the counter med. Should have checked with his team first, and rules are rules. But first time offences tend to get reductions at appeal. Could be worse, you could be USC.
    Two teams claim USC, and both are without coaches! EDIT: The coaches they had last week.
  • Point stands, no?

I did mean Cali for the record. Alcohol abuse is not an answer to any problem folks. Help is out there for you.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    It's an answer to my sobriety problem. 
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Work is sometimes really "cute". We are the companies most successful team, people ask for us when they want solutions and praise us. Why do you think that denying us to repopulate a now vacant place (person taking parenting time) with people while adding two more major tasks to our workload will help us any in keeping our competitive advantage?  #-o
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    It's a year today since my Nanna died. I was given a lot of her special little trinkets which are now around my house, but today seeing them was very bittersweet. I miss her a lot.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Aeldra said:
    Work is sometimes really "cute". We are the companies most successful team, people ask for us when they want solutions and praise us. Why do you think that denying us to repopulate a now vacant place (person taking parenting time) with people while adding two more major tasks to our workload will help us any in keeping our competitive advantage?  #-o
    Everyone on your team will be stressed out, feel put upon and overworked, but of course you'll ultimately pull it off and the company will consider it evidence that the extra person wasn't all that necessary the whole time.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Bought a Tablet/Laptop for my wife as she is now doing a distance learning course and is hogging my laptop. Switched it on, went through setup, it asked if I wanted to upgrade to Windows 10 (it was on 8.1 so I thought I may as well), spent 5 hours downloading/updating for it to error and constantly reboot/repair/restart. :/

Took my wife to work where she is going to get it looked at - discovered a problem with my car, so that is now in the garage.

Fuck today and it is only 10am.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited October 2015
    Aeldra said:
    I HAVE THIS PROBLEM TOO. My team was the top performing team, and we did it with the highest profit goals. So what does our regional management decide to do? Lower the goals of the underperforming teams and give it to us. The shit part is we are paid per every percentage point we are over or under our goal. 

WHY DO THEY DO THIS YOU MIGHT ASK? Because regional management is incentivized (read: paid more) if every team is over a certain percentage of their profit goal. So those working the hardest and doing the best will take on extra goal, thus lowering their actual monthly pay so that the bad teams will have an easier time and management will make more money. I'm literally being forced to give away parts of my paycheck to other people because I do too well. 

I still manage to be in the top 10 every month but I'd be top three without carrying extra every month.
  • Celina said:
    Aeldra said:
    I HAVE THIS PROBLEM TOO. My team was the top performing team, and we did it with the highest profit goals. So what does our regional management decide to do? Lower the goals of the underperforming teams and give it to us. The shit part is we are paid per every percentage point we are over or under our goal. 

WHY DO THEY DO THIS YOU MIGHT ASK? Because regional management is incentivized (read: paid more) if every team is over a certain percentage of their profit goal. So those working the hardest and doing the best will take on extra goal, thus lowering their actual monthly pay so that the bad teams will have an easier time and management will make more money. I'm literally being forced to give away parts of my paycheck to other people because I do too well. 

I still manage to be in the top 10 every month but I'd be top three without carrying extra every month.

Yep, I'll also join in on this rant.  My group has meet its budget for the past two years without fail and earlier this year we had a huge job where we earned our yearly budget in 3 months, on top of what we had already done for the year.  Dispite this when we came to the end of this project, my team and myself were forced to take leave without pay (ie reducing our salaries) because for that month we weren't 'billable'.  

WHY - because it was the last month of the financial year and corporate wanted to report a better profit.

((on a side note I told them to f**k off went into BD overdrive and in that month we were able to secure all the work we needed to meet this years budget))

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I've been downsized, officially. My boss couldn't afford to keep all of his workers until our current project gets more funding, so everyone without seniority lost their job today. I liked my job, too. :(
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Unless you have a job lined up already, apply for unemployment.  Now.  That way the money will be there hopefully before you come in need of it, instead of applying when you're already late on the bills.

Assuming you're in the US.  And that you need the job to pay the bills.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    And your state doesn't have a mandatory wait period (my old state required 2 weeks)
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I'm only twenty, and the job isn't wholly required for bills, so I think I'll save the unemployment for when things are more dire (I've heard it's a temporary thing from some of my other American friends). It was just nice not to have to scrimp and save and have extra groceries in the middle of the month, is all. It's boring being unemployed, though, and not having anything to do is going to tear away at my nerves until I get a new job.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited October 2015
    Sorry

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Please no politics talk. It's against forum rules among other things.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • edited October 2015
    Sorry
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    The basis of your argument is still political, no matter what word you're using for the group.  Even not using it at all, we could have a very lengthy discussion about the values and importance of unemployment insurance.  Best just to not get into it (that's why it's against forum rules).
  • So, I'm still waiting on that computer... the length of processing/shipping has been ridiculous.

I guess it hasn't been so bad though. I didn't think I could go a week without access to a computer, let alone a full month.
  • Too early to be waking up ten minutes early to be scraping off windshields
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Hyrtakos said:
    Too early to be waking up ten minutes early to be scraping off windshields

My car already even sputtered a bit on starting :(

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• I gave up sugar and soda, and I am not happy about it. Sodaaaa...
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited October 2015
    Why would anybody change a proven workflow just on the whim of someone who has apparently good connection to the person responsible and then totally NOT announce the change. When you then contact them to say stuff's NOT working 'oh, that's been changed, we now use completely different workflow b'. Whyyyyy?
    =((
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • On another f**king plane. Is it really too much to ask for one week at home!!

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Dear people supposed to work the faxes:
    Stop calling out when your back-up is off. Stop going home when your back-up is off. Stop showing up late when your back-up is off. REALLY stop doing all that without notifying your tertiary fax triage representative.
    Sincerely, the tertiary.