What are you playing?

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    For the first time since last Christmas, got to play (and win) Settlers of Catan. :D
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Pillars of Eternity. And Armello, but Armello destroys friendships.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • New dwarf fortress version. Time for !!fun!!.
  • I'm waiting a bit until at least Dwarf Therapist comes out.  Maybe until there is a "more stable" release (ie 2-3 months). 

If you don't know what Dwarf Fortress is, here is the 2014 thread I made for a totally out of date version: http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/1496/dwarf-fortress-2014-crazy-stories-and-crazier-bugs#latest
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Ordinarily I would do the same thing. But this one appears to include poetry, and I am not waiting to fulfill my dreams of a fortress founded by a part of seven poets.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Dammit, I have little enough time to log on as it is, quit tempting me with news about DF updates. =(

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Fun fact: Colonial expeditions that consist exclusively of poets are particularly vulnerable to getting killed by lions.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Your problem is that you didn't burrow all the poets in a stone den. Then they'd eat the lions.
    Probably wouldn't help with the persistent crashes though rabble rabble rabble
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Man, reading about the crazy stuff that happens in Dwarf Fortress always makes me want to play it. Then I remember I am so, so bad. I don't even know where to begin. I don't know how to even.  :(
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I've been playing Morrowind again, all pimped and modded out to look stunning. I forgot how much I truly do love this game. Seriously, @Rancoura you need to play this.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Been primarily playing Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate for the past several months. I've been procrastinating starting a new character for a while, as I bought a class 10 SD card a while ago for the sweet, sweet write speed. (no more forever saving!)
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • Everiine said:
    I've been playing Morrowind again, all pimped and modded out to look stunning. I forgot how much I truly do love this game. Seriously, @Rancoura you need to play this.
    Does your computer need to be super fancy for those kinds of mods?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Not really for morrowind. If you can run Skyrim at all, this'll work fine.
  • Procedurally generated musical instruments: This is a pomelo wood wisho. The neck is made from clear glass. The body is made from pomelo wood. The strings are made from kenaf. The wisho is a mid-size hand-held cloth-stringed instrument with a glass neck connecting to a wooden body. The strings are tied from the top of the neck down over the body and the musician plucks the twelve strings. Frets on the neck allow the musician to alter the pitch. Tuning is accomplished by pegs. The instrument has a four octave range going from a mid-low to a very high pitch. At all pitches, the instrument has a full sharp choppy evolving timbre. It has two registers. The low register has a quavering raucous timbre. The high register behinds at mid-high pitch and has a strong bright quavering timbre.
  • edited December 2015
    More new DF quotes "Oh boy, some dwarf wrote about his theory that the world moves around the sun. "The writing is very compassionate and it is full of force. Overall, the prose is amateurish at best." e. Haha, a plump helmet man wrote a codex about economic data collection called "Do You Know The Economy?" -A cheerful codex about animal diseases. -A novel called "Butterflies and the Stupid Crew" -A dissection manual called "Dissection, My Love" -A 278 page novel called "Chocolates and Nothing More" -"Hard Work, My Only Mistake
  • @Portius How to make books: We have three branches for the release: papyrus, paper (from cloth plants) and parchment. Papyrus is easier to use if you can find it on the map (you make sheets directly at the farmer's workshop. Otherwise you'll have to set up a mill+press for paper (mill to slurry, press slurry to sheet), or go through the parchment process: calcium carbonate stones at kiln -> quicklime, quicklime at ashery -> milk of lime, hide + milk of lime at tanner -> parchment sheet. Currently in the game, a parchment sheet is called a "vellum sheet" when made from a cow (of any age). Otherwise, it is called " parchment sheet". These materials can currently only be use to make quires or scrolls (with rollers). Then you can bind the quires into codices with bindings.
  • Adventure report: "My prospective Uristiana McJones wandered around for a while in search of one to learn about missing texts and relics to track down with no luck. Ended up wandering into a tavern where the guest performers were standing off against an ambush of goblins (and a single consort that apparently picked the wrong side?). I helped put down the goblins, but was awoken in the middle of the night to see more gobbo eyes approaching in the darkness beyond the door. Of course, you can shout pretty much everything except an alarm/call-to-arms, so I screamed about how I had killed one of their green-blooded brethren the previous day (with a whip of course) before being struck down."
  • "My current fort's civ has a lot of interesting artifacts. There's the solid stone guitar which must be played with a bone plectrum, the colossal fuckoff pipe organ that has over four hundred pipes, and the block of wood. It's just... it's just a block. You take the block and you hit it, and it makes a noise, and the noise is art. This civ has the dwarfiest music ever."
  • I made a brown recluse woman adventurer and she sang a marching song for a local lord. The dude's three guards all jumped forward and started horribly beatboxing to accompany her singing. The lord stood around in silence, watching his idiot guards buzz and splutter horrendously while the spider lady studiously ignored them and tried to keep singing. Afterwards all the guards agreed they enjoyed the song, and that it was terrifying (). The brown recluse woman went outside, climbed nimbly onto the roof, and yelled at her god to ask him how he was feeling. She then felt greatly gratified to have communed with her deity, so she went inside and took a nap. When she woke up, she realized she had somehow spun webs everywhere in her sleep and people were getting tangled up in them, so she yelled loudly about friendship while all the web-bound guards cheerily agreed with her. Update owns.
    Riluna said:
    Everiine said:
    Does your computer need to be super fancy for those kinds of mods?
    When I built my computer, I made sure it squeaked by for the recommended requirements to play Skyrim on the Ultra settings. I don't have any trouble playing Morrowind modded with the Morrowind Graphics and Sounds Overhaul with most of the medium settings and a reasonably good distant land view.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• Ultra Skyrim = Medium Morrowind mods? :(

I have an itch to play it again. Even in all its polygonal glory.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    edited December 2015
    Riluna said:
    Ultra Skyrim = Medium Morrowind mods? :(

This is more than just some mods. It's a collection of mods and extension programs all bundled into one with configurable options. Some of the options, like the very very fancy extra graphic modifications, can be pretty intensive. The options are all labelled Green (light performance hit), Yellow (medium performance hit), or Red (heavy performance hit). Some of it includes an extra program, a graphical extender that runs alongside Morrowind and greatly (and I mean GREATLY) enhances the graphics of the game, making it on par with Skyrim. But Morrowind wasn't originally built to process all that, so it can create an extra load.

Basically, stick with the Yellow options and experiment with the Red options you like and see how far you can push little old Morrowind with the extenders and extra programs until your computer starts to take a hit. And all of this is only applicable if you use the MGSO or the mods it's built from. There are plenty of mods to Morrowind without the graphics extender programs that will upgrade and make your Morrowind look better without being a burden!

And do play Morrowind again! Even if it doesn't look pretty, it still has the deepest lore, the best setting, and the most engaging story. The best game of the TES games between Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim (I've never played Arena or Daggerfall).

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Must... not... be tempted... during crunchtime...

Legacy of the Void is already whittling down my willpower. Thank goodness a pending OS update is adding such a huge counterweight.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Everiine said:
    And do play Morrowind again! Even if it doesn't look pretty, it still has the deepest lore, the best setting, and the most engaging story. The best game of the TES games between Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim (I've never played Arena or Daggerfall).

It's by far the best of all five, and I've played all of them. Can you send me some links for those mods, graphical or no? I'm having trouble sorting through what google is showing me.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Got a friend Persona 4 for Christmas, because I want us to Social Link.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm easily amused. Most of you know this.

Lately I've been trying random games in the Android/Google Store, and I picked up Final Fantasy: Record Keeper. Talk about nostalgia.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    I'm easily amused. Most of you know this.

Lately I've been trying random games in the Android/Google Store, and I picked up Final Fantasy: Record Keeper. Talk about nostalgia.

Been playing this for a while. It can be tempting to drop money on, but the catchup mechanics are pretty decent in helping out f2p people. My follow list is usually full but sometimes has a space if you need event supporting RW's. Code is 92uM
    Followed you, but I'm still working out how to set up my stuff.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Everiine said:
    Riluna said:
    Ultra Skyrim = Medium Morrowind mods? :(

This is more than just some mods. It's a collection of mods and extension programs all bundled into one with configurable options. Some of the options, like the very very fancy extra graphic modifications, can be pretty intensive. The options are all labelled Green (light performance hit), Yellow (medium performance hit), or Red (heavy performance hit). Some of it includes an extra program, a graphical extender that runs alongside Morrowind and greatly (and I mean GREATLY) enhances the graphics of the game, making it on par with Skyrim. But Morrowind wasn't originally built to process all that, so it can create an extra load.

Basically, stick with the Yellow options and experiment with the Red options you like and see how far you can push little old Morrowind with the extenders and extra programs until your computer starts to take a hit. And all of this is only applicable if you use the MGSO or the mods it's built from. There are plenty of mods to Morrowind without the graphics extender programs that will upgrade and make your Morrowind look better without being a burden!

I've never actually modded Morrowind, but the game itself is amazing.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Getting into Endless Legend again. Trying to get myself to play people besides Broken Lords, Cultists, or Necrophages is difficult. I like them too much.