Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited December 2015
    Rofl. He caught you @Synkarin

Jig is up. 

This is a scandal on the scale of Draylorgate when it comes to m&m.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited December 2015
    Ah man, busted. I'd figured it take much longer for everyone to catch on.It was definitely some plot to exploit it during fights and combat so we'd have an unfair advantage (though sparkleherb should never be used in actual combat but that's beside the point, I'm totally a dirty guy that's exploiting a known failure of a system.)

Real-talk - I had no idea it was an issue, I also haven't received any messages or tells saying that it was an issue. I also haven't seen any issue raised on the github site stating it's an issue. I certainly don't have it fixed for myself, or my system. I understand that you @Davos have a history of bug abuse even after being asked to stop by the admin and ragespinning away your character upon being busted, but just because you'd do something like this, doesn't mean I would.  

This honestly makes me want to take m&mf and just upgrade it for me and my closest buddies rather than contribute to it for the entire game. Maybe I will do that. It'll be a bummer though, because I'm the only one working on updating it for the community at large.

Edit: I mean seriously, you think I sat at my computer nefariously plotting to screw over some noobies bashing by setting it to weed? Sceptre and Orb were also set on weed until someone told me to put those on myrtle yesterday.  jfc, get over yourself and grow up.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I don't even think I eat sparkleberry anymore when I bash come to think of it.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited December 2015
    I support updates for buddies only to save Davos and friends from Synkarin's sabotage. 
    Looking at it, it's a pretty easy fix( it also won't work with things like rosehips or colewort either). When I get home, I'll go through and check which herbs can be selected for the nature domoth (I know it won't work with spices because I tried that first) and make sure m&mf recognizes all of them. I'll also change it from weed until the update gets released.

But only if @Davos apologizes, otherwise I really will just fix it for my friends and allies and anyone that slips me 50 credits.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Why Pyros be so empty yo?
  • edited December 2015
    FinalEdit (I need to stay away from forums and sleep more):
    Eh. It's a pretty easy fix

(I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Davos said:
    Not very cool, bro.

You're right. This indictment went way too far.

If you wish to support only your friends and not the game as a whole that is your decision and should be independent of my actions. However, I will say that I've been on the receiving ends of these accursations enough times to know that often circumstance is just against you, if that is the case then I am sorry for the implication that you were doing something untoward.

Congratulations! By order of Newt Blasterson, you've been named a Master of the Aetherways!
    2015/12/09 23:54:29 - Pejat drained 2000000 power to raise Davos as a Vernal Ascendant.
    You use 80,000,000 of your divine essence. You gain BeauteousThought as a supernumerary power.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    You are holding:
    "painting232337"                        a painting of a silver coloured cat
    "painting232361"                        a painting of a painting of a silver coloured cat
    "painting232370"                        a painting of a painting of a painting of a silver coloured cat

yay for arts!
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Or a crazy cat person in the making!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Here's how it went down:

(Gaudiguch): Synkarin says, "Hey guys, what should I put the nature blessing on?"

(Gaudiguch): Everybody says, "Weed!"

-the end-

Also, that was a shitty non-apology @Davos. You should try something like, "You're right, I'm sorry. I don't actually believe you would manipulate the m&mf code in this way, or exploit your role as its de factor care taker. Incidentally, thank you. I have no idea how many nights you've stayed up past 1 a.m. even though you have a job, a wife, and two babies in the house, just so that things like ice cures will be ready when the rest of the overhaul stuff goes live. I really appreciate it, man. I don't know what I was thinking insinuating what I did."
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • @Talan

The request for an apology and then following that up with a personal attack on the same or higher magnitude of the original attack is equally disingenuous. To throw ontop of that a threat to give the entire class detention.

I accept that I could be wrong but I do not know that I was. I do believe he might take advantage of a flaw he finds in the code, That is a fundamental part of combat in exploring curing preferences.

I do not at this time believe that is what happened in this instance though. However, I am also not going to grovel because he is hanging a system over the heads of every m&m user outside of Gaudiguch
    Congratulations! By order of Newt Blasterson, you've been named a Master of the Aetherways!
    2015/12/09 23:54:29 - Pejat drained 2000000 power to raise Davos as a Vernal Ascendant.
    You use 80,000,000 of your divine essence. You gain BeauteousThought as a supernumerary power.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Apologizing for baseless accusations (which you seem to have unapologized for) is not groveling.

I'm not even sure what you think he's exploiting. Forcing people to use sparkleberry when they bash? 
  • " I am sorry for the implication that you were doing something untoward. "
    "I do not at this time believe that is what happened in this instance"

I am confused about the part where I said I'm sorry and I believe I was wrong but that isn't apologizing.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited December 2015
    1) Viciously accuse someone of doing something nefarious.
    2) Play the victim card when that someone snaps back.

Just apologize, dude. Sidd should apologize back for what he said, but whether he does or not you are in the wrong (just because he is also in the wrong does not absolve you of your own actions).

He is under no obligation to provide updates for anyone, and he is well within his rights to provide his changes to anyone he wants (or not). Everyone else is too, that is how open source works.

Edit: When you follow an apology up with rubbish like: "I accept that I may be wrong but I do not know that I was," you render your apology worthless. You're just reiterating the accusation all over again.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Totally going to get into a blood-feud with @Darvellan over this zapping. I sound like Dro because my voice was trapped with her for three years, you dingle!

(Not to mention all the years where I was her most famous servant and you know being a Magnagoran noble woman. You're still a giant nerd <3)
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited December 2015
    Is this for real. 

I have no idea how people would rather believe that someone is out to get them instead of thinking that there was just something missed. Are you guys really that paranoid. The world isn't out to get you. The world doesn't really care.

Occam's razor people. 

Nextly, the fact that the system is open source means that Sidd isn't obligated to anyone about updates. He does them because he's a cool guy. No one is forcing you to use his updates and you are welcome to make your own to give to hallifax and friends. 

Just like Sidd already handles our special custom Glom gaudi pro stance parry curing system. Wait, shit.
  • I saved Horehound and Calamus from certain doom with the help of @Astrasia ! Yay!

Not sure I can survive gravediggers to tend to the wormwood, so that will just have to work itself out.

Has anyone else done anything or had anything done that has made them smile? Doesn't have to be a rave, just something that gave you the warm and fuzzies for a moment.

(Shameless attempt to change topic)
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I've got that pro-Gaudi setup. It doesn't work on other characters because it keeps trying to STANCE E-PEEN.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I figured Sidd was making a political point in the next election about weed helping to heal your body, mind and soul.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Wow. Such sophistication. Much 3-year old.

You missed the entire point @Davos

I don't need to upgrade m&m for the general public. I don't even need to fix this error if I don't want to. If I was really interested in exploiting system flaws, why would I help maintain it for the general public in the first place? It certainly would have been great to force everyone to not use the anti-illusion system because it would have spammed a command that no longer worked, but I got that fix in immediately. I doubt anyone even noticed it.

You baselessly accused me of something that isn't even remotely true. I called you out on 1) the fact that it's bullshit and 2) you've been known to exploit things plenty. You're accusation has literally zero founding, while mine is factually accurate. It's been years since that occured and if you still can't own up to your own actions, I don't know what else to say. I won't apologize for calling the kettle black.

I'm not interested in maintaining a system in my spare time if people like you are going to throw out nefarious accusations like Caerlyr did back in the day. Spreading libel because a minor error with the system is beyond ridiculous. Asking for you to make good on that is completely reasonable.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • You are absolutely correct that I was out of line in what I said. You didn't deserve the comment and it came out of a place of frustration, not intellect. I have genuinely apologized multiple times now and if that isn't enough for you then there is nothing more I can do. I'm sorry for what I said and you didn't deserve it.
  • Celina said:
    Can I get an explanation on the turtle suitcase thing.
    No.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
This discussion has been closed.