Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Usually it's january 1, IIRC

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • edited December 2015
    Lol my emote game*** is weaaaaak!
  • When will we be able to trade our peppermints/coals? D:
  • Marcella said:
    When will we be able to trade our peppermints/coals? D:

I forgot about the trading thing when I put the stuff together, sorry. I need to clarify something with Estarra regarding it and it'll be in.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • I hope we'll be able to buy them from other players for credits, too, in case we want to sell them like wcrystals.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Someone out there, please reserve about 4 coal for me :D
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Can't find any of these silly pigwidgeons on twigs. :(

• Qistrel said:
    Can't find any of these silly pigwidgeons on twigs. :(
    They really do seem to like the rivers. As well as north by northeast, as every other mob.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • That does seem odd.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Send this Goober to Nikka. I need more people to rail against the Fates with.

• Sometimes I wish people had actual backing when they give a comment, rather than commenting for the sake of it.
  • Tekora said:
    I just want to say, if this was an alt of someone who's reading this, you should be ashamed of yourselves. Nevertheless, names have been changed to protect the identities of the accused, etc etc.

I guess we can't complain too much.. Contractidictive RPs have always been a thing. I guess instead of Merian Mag, Halli gets Freeborn Goobers! :P

• edited December 2015
    Pectus said:
    Tekora said:
    I just want to say, if this was an alt of someone who's reading this, you should be ashamed of yourselves. Nevertheless, names have been changed to protect the identities of the accused, etc etc.

I guess we can't complain too much.. Contractidictive RPs have always been a thing. I guess instead of Merian Mag, Halli gets Freeborn Goobers! :P

Wanting to be freeborn wasn't the issue here. There's a reason Halli has Re-education Centres. The issue is the fact that I took time out to try and help him and I get constantly cutoff and interrupted when I try and explain Halli backstory and a 'YOU'RE TOO LATE, I ALREADY TRANS'D INFLUENCE, HAHA'? 

The entire thing reeks of someone who obviously came into this with a pre-conceived notion of 'how Hallifax is' and stuck their fingers in their ears and went 'la la la' when told something that didn't fit that pre-concieved notion.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I definitely read that and thought, "Wasn't your first clue that this guy was named Goober?"

Then I remembered you changed the names. I read gud.  :\">
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Tfw that could have been a true newbie
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Chirbo said:
    Tfw that could have been a true newbie
    A true newbie that came out of the Portal, put lessons into Influence and Dramatics, knows that he's gonna just influence for a while and knows that mending fixes broken bones?

Ok bro.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Well, for the sake of argument, if he spent some time trolling the forums like I do whenever I'm considering starting a new game...

But yeah, the odds of that are super low.

• Tekora said:

. The issue is the fact that I took time out to try and help him and I get constantly cutoff and interrupted when I try and explain Halli backstory and a 'YOU'RE TOO LATE, I ALREADY TRANS'D INFLUENCE, HAHA'?
    This person never asked for, nor seemed to need or want your help.

Influencing is one of Lusternia's unique features, and a lot of characters are created specifically to try it out. At least this guy gave you some contrarian RP to justify what he was doing. He could have more easily sent you an ooc tell reminding you that you have no actual authority over how someone spends their lessons, or what they do with their time, and inviting you to back off.

You will enjoy newbies more if you realize now that they are not always going to do what you want, and you have no recourse. If you can't abide non-conformists, then learn to recognize them and send them on their merry ways before either of you gets frustrated.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • @Tremula and I are writing two plays, but this is part of the inspiration. Hold onto your tissues folks.

• I'm sorry, was that supposed to have words in it or something?
    Cuz it didn't.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Gods above and below, I've cried more times tonight/this morning than I have in the past five years. I should not be this emotionally attached to blocks of text, but holy shit I am awful. I am awful and need to have my keyboard taken away from me.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited December 2015

:x
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Tylwyth said:
    I'm sorry, was that supposed to have words in it or something?
    Cuz it didn't.

No..? Why would it? O.o

• Pectus said:No..? Why would it? O.o
    OK.
    Um......?

• Tylwyth said:
    Pectus said:No..? Why would it? O.o
    OK.
    Um......?
    Oh lol. I said it was our inspiration for part of it. It's a sad-ish song that sounds like something from a child's music box.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Talan said:

Tekora said:

. The issue is the fact that I took time out to try and help him and I get constantly cutoff and interrupted when I try and explain Halli backstory and a 'YOU'RE TOO LATE, I ALREADY TRANS'D INFLUENCE, HAHA'?

Influencing is one of Lusternia's unique features, and a lot of characters are created specifically to try it out. At least this guy gave you some contrarian RP to justify what he was doing. He could have more easily sent you an ooc tell reminding you that you have no actual authority over how someone spends their lessons, or what they do with their time, and inviting you to back off.

You will enjoy newbies more if you realize now that they are not always going to do what you want, and you have no recourse. If you can't abide non-conformists, then learn to recognize them and send them on their merry ways before either of you gets frustrated.

I'm with Talan on this. At no point does a player owe his GM or city of choice any sort of respect or RP, and rules are only there if it's in your rp to follow them. #beingfacetious #gaudiguchirl
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Talan said:

Tekora said:

I'm with Talan on this. At no point does a player owe his GM or city of choice any sort of respect or RP, and rules are only there if it's in your rp to follow them. #beingfacetious #gaudiguchirl

While true, just remember that there's consequences for everything. I probably wouldn't get upset for a newbie learning Influence instead of what the help files say. I can say from other games that if you harass me or insult me, your name will be lighting up deathsight in the near future on the left side.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I'm of the belief that if a newbie didn't ask for your help, you don't get to be upset for them not playing along with your attempt to help. There were some definite pre conceive notions here but they weren't just Goober's.
This discussion has been closed.