Simple Ideas

Comments

• Ssaliss said:
    Or at least a powerlog summary that only shows yourself. Who cares how much the others put in and draw?

Ah, that I'd be fine with... but then why would we need power aides :P
  • So that when people ask on city aether how much power is worth, all 7 of the power aides online can check powerlog and answer...
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    If we're adding that, I'd love a syntax that shows just your current offerings to all the Divines. Gets tiresome having to ask various people in different orders.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Morshoth said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Or at least a powerlog summary that only shows yourself. Who cares how much the others put in and draw?

Ah, that I'd be fine with... but then why would we need power aides :P
    Because some people want to know how well they're doing compared to others.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Morkarion said:
    If we're adding that, I'd love a syntax that shows just your current offerings to all the Divines. Gets tiresome having to ask various people in different orders.
    I believe it's...Aetolia? Maybe others. Where you can OFFERINGS SHOW at a shrine, and see your net worth to that particular divine. I would absolutely love that.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • I'd love it if the Aerochem beam generator lost some of its priority in emotes. There are a lot of generators around Hallifax that need touching and putting things into, and I feel like I spend more time fondling my weapon than being useful.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Skye said:
    I'd love it if the Aerochem beam generator lost some of its priority in emotes. There are a lot of generators around Hallifax that need touching and putting things into, and I feel like I spend more time fondling my weapon than being useful.
    You can put here at the end of commands when trying to interact with items in rooms to prioritize them. May not work on certain actions, I don't know for sure.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Neos said:
    Skye said:
    I'd love it if the Aerochem beam generator lost some of its priority in emotes. There are a lot of generators around Hallifax that need touching and putting things into, and I feel like I spend more time fondling my weapon than being useful.
    You can put here at the end of commands when trying to interact with items in rooms to prioritize them. May not work on certain actions, I don't know for sure.
    Oh, that's something I haven't explored. Thanks!
  • Now that trade bonus items only work while you have the trade skill active, can we make it so that runed crowns be turned into magicrowns?
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Touch, push, pull, turn, probe (all the primary actions) respect the HERE parameter, and so do most emotes. If you find one that doesn't, might as well bug it (if it is an emote needed for a quest at least).

The HERE thing was an amazing addition. It makes life so, so much better.
  • I think GET <item> FROM <container> HERE doesn't respect it: I remember having to drop my curio skull to get things for the Throne.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Neither GET nor PUT respect it, no. I have (had?) a bug report in on that.
  • Re the power ministry thing -- I'd love it if power aides could do something useful, like build constructs when I don't want to log in.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited March 2013
    Dys said:
    I think this is just asking for powerlog summary to be available for everyone rather than just power aides. Seems sensible.

Yes, please! I figure power aides are meant to be more for helping the power ministry manage their job. At the moment, people just ask for power aide so they can have the convenience of seeing how much they've drawn/put in. It could help cut down aides to the people who are willing to do ministry related work, while helping org members to manage their power without constantly bugging a power aide to tell them that information.

My own idea, I noticed that beasts just tend to sit there when you attack them. Could they do their standard beast attacks to the recent attackers when attacked?

Edit: Idea numero dos: How about making it so you can debate freely at a stage without having to suffer the shatter time? Good for practice sessions.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Svorai said:
    Re the power ministry thing -- I'd love it if power aides could do something useful, like build constructs when I don't want to log in.
    I agree with that one. Either that... or make sure the PM is someone who is online more than it's healthy, but eh... that's not always possible. As it stands, Power Aides have perms that are not for them... and lack perms that they should have. Linking manses, for one, is silly to have because they have no way to check perms on linked craft. So either give them the ability to check permissions... or remove the ability to link. On top of that, ability to build constructs would be nice.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Rivius said:
    Edit: Idea numero dos: How about making it so you can debate freely at a stage without having to suffer the shatter time? Good for practice sessions.
    Yesssssssssssssssssss.

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:
    Rivius said:
    Yessssssssssssssss
    Go into arena, debate, leave!
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    How about a line for when you rub focus charm off charm balance?
  • The ability to tag characters in prefatory phrases. For example:

say (tilting his head at ^Rivius) Why do you say that?

Also - and this has been suggested recently by @Svorai, I believe, but I think it bears more suggesting - the ability to insert blue SAY text into longer custom emotes.

• Cadfael said:
    The ability to tag characters in prefatory phrases. For example:

say (tilting his head at ^Rivius) Why do you say that?

Also - and this has been suggested recently by @Svorai, I believe, but I think it bears more suggesting - the ability to insert blue SAY text into longer custom emotes.
    I'm going to post a thread about emoting in a few hours that includes this and a lot of other things. Thanks for the reminder, @Cadfael!
  • Allow TELEPORT NEXUS to work on any planes linked to your city/commune, to where if you are on that plane/area(for ethereal) you can teleport back to the Nexus.  Not that it isn't easy to walk back, but for some planes it would be nice to have.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    That would have saved me so many long hours wandering in lost circles in the mountains of madness as a wee little thing. Yes please!

edited March 2013
    When enchanting a cube, we're blessed by the fact that five charges are transferred at a time, taking either 5% from a powerstone or a 2/3% split with Gloves of Mastery. However, this makes things slightly awkward when powerstones are at less than the required percentage of charge. If a stone has less than 5%, and you're enchanting without gloves, you're given the 'power reserves depleted' message and have to swap to a new stone.

Would it be possible for a stone to simply be drained of whatever's left when it's less than required, or would that be too awkward because of the conversion in the case of Gloves?

-

• There is a severe shortage of flowers in the game nowadays. I know months ago we were riding a giant surplus, with flowers of lagginess, but I can't even find one flower -- anywhere!

The manse I part-own (which is in someone else's name) has a garden in it, but I can't pick the flowers there because it's not technically my manse.

Could manse gardens allow anyone to pick flowers from them? We have manse perms and doors and locks to prevent unwanted flower-snatchers... but really, when are people going to raid your manse for flowers?

(I might, but few others would!)
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I have been slack in stocking my shop. I shall refill it with candy and flowers!

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The capacity to free form pose, please? It would require the inclusion of a tag like ^me somewhere in there, and allow you to set your pose organically, instead of just using the preset poses!
  • Enyalida said:
    The capacity to free form pose, please? It would require the inclusion of a tag like ^me somewhere in there, and allow you to set your pose organically, instead of just using the preset poses!
    As promised! Please add your own thoughts.
  • I suggested the freeform pose before, and it was turned down. The original discussion can be found at http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/115/posemote
    edited March 2013
    That argument is a little flawed. First off, impose a character limit so ridiculous, magical text-puke poses aren't encouraged. Second, make the pose drop on movement, emote or most actions aside from speaking - as naturally, a pose should. I think the idea can be made to work, it's a matter of will!

(and trusting players not to be stupid, but that's something I'm not touching)

-