Reign - The Mafia Game Thread - English Mafia Win!

Comments

• Finish this nonsense. When we confirm Synkarin is scum, then we can start lynching the rest of Lavinya, Silvanus and Othero. 

Shaddus also needs a solid looking-at for being quiet all game and then suddenly popping up here to support and defend Synkarin.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Oh man. Oh man oh man.

If you flip scum @Synkarin, I'm so going to give you a virtual shin-kick.

I didn't think about the fact that visiting me might reveal me with the King, and if that is who was seen, it would be better to keep it quiet. Unless someone would like to admit to it?

And @Tekora I get you're frustrated that we're not all seeing things your way, but that doesn't mean we're sitting on our asses and doing nothing. In fact, we're doing the opposite - we're doing a lot of talking and theorising. We've gotten it wrong so far, which believe it or not, has me nervous to get it wrong again. While you're screaming 'vote this guy you idiots', I'm wondering if doing so will just be playing into the scum's hands.

I unvoted because this new information from Yarith has me second guessing everything again. I can't trust any of you jerks, it seems. 

Yarith's role seems fitting for his role, wasn't there even some talk that he predicted the death of the King? It makes sense, and I don't see anyone counter-claiming. At this point, there are only a few left who have not revealed their name or role. I'm inclined to trust Yarith. I was also inclined to trust Synkarin. THIS IS WHY I DON'T TRUST ANY OF YOU JERKS, BLEH.

I want to hear more from the cheap seats. Alyrianne, Othero, Shaddus - what on earth have you guys been up to and why have you given us absolutely nothing other than a line or two and a vote? 

Also @Falmiis. More from you please besides a vote.

• Day 1
    None - Yarith, Ushaara, Falmiis, Othero, Shaddus, Luce, Tekora, Synkarin, Chirbo (9)
    The lords and ladies of the French court have spoken!

Day 2
    Chirbo - Shaddus, Falmiis, Lavinya, Silvanus, Yarith, Ssaliss, Synkarin, Ushaara (8)

Day 3
    Kiradawea - Synkarin, Falmiis, Celina, Silvanus, Lavinya, Othero, Shaddus, Ushaara (8)
    Spare the crocodile tears, Lavinya. The voting patterns speak for themselves.
    Also (sorry many posts in a row) Why isn't it a bandwagon when Tekora is screaming to just finish it and smash out a lynch? Why is it only when it's not something that agrees with her? Pushing to lynch Synkarin could also be a ploy to try and make yourself out to be innocent (I still think you're not), because if you were scum, why vote off your team mate? 

If you are a French supporter, you sure do a good job of looking like the enemy. Also tell me again what is scummy about all I have revealed to you thus far? Or can you only provide wild accusations and fancy bolded FoS with no backing? Maybe if you did that less, I'd be more inclined to agree with you. As it is, the main reason I'm hesitating to vote for Synkarin is because of how desperately Tekora is pushing for him to be lynched. I know she has me pinned as scum for reasons I cannot comprehend, so she could have him wrong too! Ahh, the agony of indecision. Help me out here. Give me a reason to vote besides 'finish this nonsense' so you can 'start lynching the rest of Lavinya'. 

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm confused. What patterns are there? Unless your saying that Lavinya and Silvanus are in collusion because they both didn't vote on the first day but both voted on the second day. That's really not much of a pattern.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Tekora said:
    Day 1
    None - Yarith, Ushaara, Falmiis, Othero, Shaddus, Luce, Tekora, Synkarin, Chirbo (9)

Day 2
    Chirbo - Shaddus, Falmiis, Lavinya, Silvanus, Yarith, Ssaliss, Synkarin, Ushaara (8)

Day 3
    Kiradawea - Synkarin, Falmiis, Celina, Silvanus, Lavinya, Othero, Shaddus, Ushaara (8)
    uhh...they do? I didn't vote day one, I voted 3rd day two and voted 5th day 3? What's that pattern?

As for my activity, sorry. I don't spend a whole lot of of time staring at the thread.

As for last night, some insolent jackanape locked me in the prison all night.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Lavinya, I don't expect or need your vote. There are still 4 other people sitting on the sidelines doing nothing.
    Not sure if Tekora is nervous or just trying to be hardcore.
    Ok well, it's starting to feel less of a game and more personal attacks, @Tekora. You think I'm scum. I think you're scum. Perhaps neither of us are. But I DO want to lynch the guilty, I just don't want to do it hastily, which I think following Synkarin was. Doesn't mean I trust you, but I think he may have been playing on your sketchiness, because it made sense. Still kinda does. But I believe Yarith.

I just want to discuss it out and be sure. That's all. 

Please tone it down a touch.

• Also, I was going to bring attention to this earlier but it occurs to me that something weird was in the air last night, something felt amiss.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    @Ssaliss, I forgot about him too. There's more people still in the game than it feels like sometimes. Speak up! Less lynch trains right at daybreak and more posts from quiet people please.

I'll verify that @Shaddus was targeted to be jailed last night, by the way. At least I can be sure ONE person isn't lying. The tension is real. I'm doubting everyone.

• Yarith said:
    Also, I was going to bring attention to this earlier but it occurs to me that something weird was in the air last night, something felt amiss.
    This is what roleblocked me.
    Looking at that voting pattern - @Falmiis has been quick to vote each time. He's also very quiet. Scum flying low under the radar perhaps? Food for thought.

• Or just someone with very little to contribute.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Unvote

It seems awfully weird for Tekora to continue to try to paint Lavinya, who claims to be a mason with the King as a member of the scum.

It also seems weird for Tekora, who points to Vivet's investigation of Synkarin being British as the reason he is scum, yet ignores Vivet's investigation of Othero, who claimed to be Navarren, then continue to paint Othero as scum with Lavinya, Synkarin and myself.

The only way for me to believe Synkarin or Tekora at this point is if Yarith comes forward with who targetted Lavinya on night 2. Synkarin claims to investigate Tekora while Yarith claims Synkarin went to Vivet. Synkarin has been a confirmed investigator, or at least able to find out names, with proof of his outing of Catherine de Medici.

I am more inclined to believe Synkarin due to his role at least being confirmed by Celina as to Tekora who has got nothing. It all depends really on Yarith, but if Yarith's information doesn't pan out, I will vote Tekora.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Well, seeing as you're so insitent, Silvanus. On the second night I dreamed of Lavinya and smelt her perfume, she was laughing and I distinctly heard your voice, Silvanus, laughing alongside hers.  On the second night, Silvanus visited Lavinya.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Though, as you know, my dreams are extremely wild and.. unreliable. As I dreamed of Queen Mary I saw her laying down upon a field of rolling green hillside, hardly locked up beneath an invading siege.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Unfortunately, at this point I have nothing concrete to add, really. I'll still hold to my vote of Synkarin though, for the obvious reasons of him being English (and also since Yarith saw him kill Vivet). I also find Ushaara suspicious, since he threw a name at Synkarin, and then voted to end the day three hours later (I think it was).

Also:

Tekora said:
    Day 1

Day 2

Day 3
    Ushaara is also in all three days, and even closed the votes the last two days. Famiis is also in all three days. Yarith is in two of three days, which apparently was good enough for Silvanus and Lavinya to be guilty. @Tekora, how many scum are there, exactly?
  • Also, I think part of the reason of my low post count (and participation) is because I'm in Europe. I tend to go to bed, and when I wake up there's 50-60 new posts waiting for me, so generally, what I can do is just do a review of the posts and write my comments in bulk, and hope someone responds to them several hours later.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I don't get why I'm guilty because of my voting pattern. And Tekora rabidly sticking by me being scum is a large part of why I suspect she is guilty, but maybe she's not, she's just seeing something I'm not, or finds it hard to let go? I don't know.

Also - Yarith is telling the truth.

VOTE SYNKARIN

Ssaliss said:
    Unfortunately, at this point I have nothing concrete to add, really. I'll still hold to my vote of Synkarin though, for the obvious reasons of him being English (and also since Yarith saw him kill Vivet). I also find Ushaara suspicious, since he threw a name at Synkarin, and then voted to end the day three hours later (I think it was).

Also:

Tekora said:
    Day 1

Day 2

Day 3
    Ushaara is also in all three days, and even closed the votes the last two days. Famiis is also in all three days. Yarith is in two of three days, which apparently was good enough for Silvanus and Lavinya to be guilty. @Tekora, how many scum are there, exactly?
    Hey hey, I'm only the last vote because on the marathon Day 2 Celina dithered about whether Chirbo might be a jester and I saw my 'lynch Kiradawea' appeal wasn't going anywhere.

For Day 3, I should really be the first vote on Kira. I removed my vote to prevent a quick lynch after Vivet got into her 'Clarissa is a false claim to give Synkarin time to come up with alibi' argument, and only put it back after fulling explaining why I thought there might be -some- substance behind Synkarin's claim.

Could I have left more time before returning the vote, sure, but put that down to me being eager to lynch Kiradawea.
    My worry now is that since we are down to 12 people, if there are 5 English agents, a mislynch and a successful kill off tonight, is game-over. Town won't have a majority.

I'm half tempted to use governor power on Synkarin, just because there is so much confusion between him/Tekora, and to vote for Othero instead, who I don't see any claim for French allegiance...

So if there is anyone who knows why this 'change in the air' or whatever would block Tekora (what the hell, that just seems off), you really need to come forward now!
  • Thing is, there was (IMHO) absolutely zero reason to give a rolename to Synkarin at that point. He had refused to name himself, so he obviously had little interest in saving himself. You throwing a name out, saying "Well, he could be this guy", seems a bit much like trying to save his bacon.

Granted, that's not iron-clad evidence against you, not even close. It's just something that made me a bit suspicious about you; it could easily be that you're not scum.

Also, on the whole "you voted all three days, and closed the last two", that's more of a jab at Tekora, not at you. For him to include two people who voted two days, when he also left out several who voted all three days, and call it "the voting pattern speaks for itself", either means that A) he's trying to frame several people, or B) he's got a bad case of confirmation bias.
    Right, but as I said at the time, I was inclined to believe him, I figured Patriots/Broncos were on so his attention wasn't here, and I was worried that Celina might kill him in the night phase.

That Tekora wanted to kill him too is not without suspicion itself, if Tekora did false-claim, Synkarin was going to be the only person who could spot that with the identity investigation.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Ooh so it was Silvanus who visited me. I'm curious as to why, it seemed like a distraction of some sort but since I did it act that's not absolutely clear. I'm reasonably confident that it was though, and I find it odd that you visited me last night with the only threat I had made was towards a now dead person.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Also vote: Synkarin
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Whoa whoa whoa

Isn't Tekora the one that was lambasting me for wanting to end the day fast and now he's trying to get people to up and lynch me quickly? Again an example of his double nature. He can't be consistent even if his life depending on it (which it does at this moment)

@Lavinya - anyone who has been paying attention (well besides scum I guess) figured out that Silvanus was the King as soon as you claimed and said your power.The way Silvanus has been playing it, he's obviously had a trump card in his pocket to protect him. I picked up on it right away. The fact that he was willing to have Yarith call it out just verifies that point. 

Tekora and Yarith are obviously in cahoots. Listen to their stories, they just don't add up. Tekora's been flipping around everywhere, "changing his mind" constantly.

Why was no one else blocked the second night? Where is this mysterious blocked that only blocks Tekora so he can appear to be innocent? Something isn't right here.

If you want to lynch me to verify that, fine, have at it. There isn't much more investigating to do at this point I suppose. but don't say I didn't warn you.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.